What is the best evidence against Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: What is the best evidence against Christianity
(28-12-2016 03:48 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 03:31 PM)morondog Wrote:  Come on Tommy, you dodged again. You made the claim that the empty tomb's most likely explanation was resurrection. Now when asked to show that exact thing you run away? For shame. Reminds me of the time you claimed that atheism was a religion Laughat Fuck you're useless.

Oh by the way, which university and what topic did you get your PhD in? Was it perchance theology?

I pointed out that atheists such as yourself don't deal in most likely explanation, hence your lack of one. If that's not the way your personal thought process works, thinking in terms of competing conclusions and explanations, then there's no point in arguing about most likely explanations, because it wouldn't register.

In order to have such a discussion you'd have to have a competing explanation of your own. But thats not how your thinking here works.

I propose the most likely explanation for the empty tomb is that it was a figment of some dorky bastard's imagination. Your move.

ETA: What's your PhD topic?

ETA: Please confirm that you think that the most likely explanation for the allegedly empty tomb is that your personal lord and saviour got teleported to the Starship Enterprise?

ETA: Stop fucking telling me what I think, you can bloody well ask you know. Bloody rude git.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
28-12-2016, 04:56 PM
(28-12-2016 02:14 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(28-12-2016 01:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  The only demonstrable fact is that the Gospels exist. What they contain has not shown to be fact.

The facts are that they were written after the fact by people who were not eyewitnesses; who could not, in fact, be eyewitnesses.

Hearsay, at best.

Nearly all of the written sources we have from that period, are not eye-witness accounts, even those written by historians. In fact while the Gospels are not eye-witness accounts, the writings of Paul are in regards to meeting with Jesus's disciples, and brother.

Not being eye-witness accounts doesn't rule them out from being evidence, just like historians don't rule out Josephus and other chroniclers of the time, for not being eye-witnessess to a number of the events they describe.

But Its a good things folks like yourself are not in charge of ancient history departments, because no one would be able to tell the difference between their ass and their elbow.

You continue to be blind to the fact that there are no supporting documents.
You continue to take its veracity on blind faith.

And you're an asshole. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
28-12-2016, 05:21 PM
(28-12-2016 03:42 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  ....you take any revered or significant political or religious figure at the time, and what you’ll find in the accounts of their lives, is a variety of fanciful, and often miraculous attributes. Such as Alexander and Ceaser’s miraculous births, etc….

Exactly!! And Jesus is no different.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
28-12-2016, 05:32 PM
(28-12-2016 03:42 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  ....you take any revered or significant political or religious figure at the time, and what you’ll find in the accounts of their lives, is a variety of fanciful, and often miraculous attributes. Such as Alexander and Ceaser’s miraculous births, etc….

More dishonest comparisons. The political figures had externally verified activities by people who were not members of their "cults", APART from the miraculous elements of their lives. Jesus has NONE.

Critical thinking is not one of your strengths. (But we all know you were taught to cough this shit up by rote at your "prestigious university".)

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-12-2016, 08:06 PM
Christian theology is mostly poppycock. Christians claim to get their beliefs and doctrines from the Bible. Yet their most basic tenets are at best a grievous misinterpretation of the Bible at worst down right blasphemous. Most Christians don't even really know what it is they believe in. And the doctrines to which I refer are the Trinity doctrine, the Immortal Soul doctrine, and replacement theology in all it's forms. Little do most Christians know these doctrines they hold so dear comes not from the Bible but political counsels of formerly pagan people. And in their ignorance they use these unbiblical doctrines as litmus tests to see who are the "real Christians."
28-12-2016, 08:18 PM
I'll add sadder than that, most lay Christians don't even know why they go to church on Sunday, when the Bible clearly states that the Sabbath is on Saturday. Therefore worshipping on Sunday is a violation of the fourth commandment. And because of the pagan origin of Sunday worship, probably a violation of the second and first commandments. Which are both things the clergy keeps the laity ignorant of. And when confronted about this the preachers do a lot of mental and scriptural gymnastics that fall apart under scrutiny. This and other such things they do it is no marvel people think the Bible contradicts itself.
28-12-2016, 08:30 PM
Christians really don't believe in the Bible Bucky Ball. Take it from me you're getting the inside scoop straight from the horse's mouth. Like Tomasia I too am a graduate of Bible college. I have a degree from Victory Bible College, at the "prestigious" (to Christians anyway) Oral Roberts University. I'll be honest Bucky Ball that degree isn't worth the paper it's printed on. But I can tell you Christians are ignorant of what they believe.
28-12-2016, 08:39 PM
(28-12-2016 08:30 PM)Disciple 21x Wrote:  Christians really don't believe in the Bible Bucky Ball. Take it from me you're getting the inside scoop straight from the horse's mouth. Like Tomasia I too am a graduate of Bible college. I have a degree from Victory Bible College, at the "prestigious" (to Christians anyway) Oral Roberts University. I'll be honest Bucky Ball that degree isn't worth the paper it's printed on. But I can tell you Christians are ignorant of what they believe.

His is even more prestigious that yours. He got an accelerated PhD online from an infamous Colorado sheister U.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
29-12-2016, 01:09 AM
(28-12-2016 08:30 PM)Disciple 21x Wrote:  Christians really don't believe in the Bible Bucky Ball. Take it from me you're getting the inside scoop straight from the horse's mouth. Like Tomasia I too am a graduate of Bible college. I have a degree from Victory Bible College, at the "prestigious" (to Christians anyway) Oral Roberts University. I'll be honest Bucky Ball that degree isn't worth the paper it's printed on. But I can tell you Christians are ignorant of what they believe.

Hang on, are you a Christian or not? I thought you were another apologist?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
29-12-2016, 06:33 AM
(29-12-2016 01:09 AM)morondog Wrote:  

Hang on, are you a Christian or not? I thought you were another apologist?

He's his own unique brand of xianity... #35427 unless I lost count...

Quote:First I am a disciple of Yahshua Messiah. Second I think everyone has the right to believe as they choose. Third I will not proselytize it's pointless. Fourth I do not buy into what is called Christian doctrines. Fifth I don't think skeptics are skeptical enough.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP