What is the best evidence against Christianity

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2016, 10:44 AM
RE: What is the best evidence against Christianity
At work.

(30-12-2016 10:05 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 09:49 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  I am sorry I missed your post where you provide other evidence. Could you link back to it?

Look at your post 243, where you quoted me. Where initially asked for evidence, and I provided a variety of evidence.

Now you seem to be asking for other evidence on top of this, but have failed to indicate or acknowledge that I provided evidence as per your initial request.

Either that or let me witness you appeal to your own unique definition of evidence, to argue that they're not evidence.

Quote:Edit: I've agreed that you have, indeed, posted words/referenced works of words. I am asking if you know of/have anything else.

You need to agree those written sources are evidence, or just show us your appeal to your unique definition of the term to exclude them.

Limited by the phone.

So, in your post of 243 all you did at the time was site words as your evidence.

Actually helping out with a direct link would have been nice/courteous.

So first, to move things along between us, I'll grant your words as evidence. (Want to add things like 'Provisional' but what tha' heck. Go for it Tomasai.)

Now, on to my second point (Repeated) what other evidence can you provide/link to/expand upon?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
30-12-2016, 11:01 AM
(30-12-2016 10:37 AM)whateverist Wrote:  Tomasia sure does a lot of work on these forums. I wonder what his objective is if he has one.

Hey Tommy do you just like arguing or are you actually trying to persuade people of something?

He's part of the reason why our healthcare costs are so high. Instead of filing health insurance claims like he's paid to do he's on some sorta quixotic quest to persuade atheists of something, not sure what cause he bounces all over the place like as bobble head on meth. Fucking Obama.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-12-2016, 02:16 PM
(30-12-2016 09:58 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  No when Tactius wrote of Jesus death at the hands of Pilate, he was stating it as a matter of fact, not prefaced with Christians believed he died under Pilate, or according to their stories, etc...
Did Tacitus mention the name "Jesus"?
Did Tacitus mention his sources?

Was Tacitus writing a piece about Jesus or was this just an aside thing, a bit of trivia, perhaps even unresearched trivia?

Since this was written many decades after "Jesus" alleged death, How does Tacitus writing become evidence when we have many people today who would come into forums and write all about Jesus. Are their posts evidence as well?
31-12-2016, 12:27 AM
(30-12-2016 09:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Both the defense, and prosecution offer a variety of evidence in support of their own competing claims, and dispute it.

The rules of evidence in a court of law are not the same as in science or history.

Quote:And the fact that scientific claims based on evidence, are all falsifiable, indicates that they are disputable.

No, it means nothing of the sort.
A theory being falsifiable means that there exists a method by which it could be disproved, not that it is in dispute.

Quote:You should note that your very definition indicates that evidence is also information, indicating whether a belief is true or not.

Your point? No one disputes that there is a Bible, what is in dispute is the veracity of its content.

Quote:
Quote:Much the same way that flat earthers CAN offer arguments, but since they are easily refuted, that can't qualify as "disputing" anything.

The flat earthers here would be those who believe Jesus didn't exist,

The existence of some Jesus seems likely, but not as described in the Bible.

Quote:in fact they share a variety of psychological commonalities with other conspiracy theory nuts. It's not a coincidence that the produces of a video series supporting 9/11 truthers, and Global Banking Conspiracies, attach themselves to Jesus does not exist crowd.

That's a real stretch.

Quote:They're not easily disputed, in fact such groups are quite resilient to being disputed.You'll rarely ever succeed in convincing them that they're wrong about their views.

That is a very selective interpretation. There are many views here and the Jesus deniers are a minority.

There is no good reason to believe that the Jesus as portrayed in the Bible ever existed.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
31-12-2016, 02:08 AM
(30-12-2016 09:34 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Both the defense, and prosecution offer a variety of evidence in support of their own competing claims, and dispute it.

There is only one claim discussed in court, and the claim is "the defendant is guilty of the crime charged", as presented by the prosecution. The defense only needs to cast doubt, it doesnt have to claim or prove anything. Rolleyes

We found just another thing Tommy is ignorant of. Thumbsup

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 3 users Like Deesse23's post
31-12-2016, 04:17 AM
(30-12-2016 02:16 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Did Tacitus mention the name "Jesus"?

No.

Oh and that history dates around 120 AD.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
31-12-2016, 07:35 AM
(31-12-2016 02:08 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  

There is only one claim discussed in court, and the claim is "the defendant is guilty of the crime charged", as presented by the prosecution. The defense only needs to cast doubt, it doesnt have to claim or prove anything. Rolleyes

The defensive can present any variety of evidence counter to the prosecutions narrative. Use evidence in support of the defendant being some where else at the time, etc....

The point being that both the defense and the prosecutions can have evidence in support of their claims and counter claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
31-12-2016, 07:49 AM
(30-12-2016 02:16 PM)Stevil Wrote:  Did Tacitus mention the name "Jesus"?
Did Tacitus mention his sources?

President Obama is our current US president.

Did I mention the name Barrack? Guess I was talking about another Obama.

Quote:Was Tacitus writing a piece about Jesus or was this just an aside thing, a bit of trivia, perhaps even unresearched trivia?

Since this was written many decades after "Jesus" alleged death, How does Tacitus writing become evidence when we have many people today who would come into forums and write all about Jesus. Are their posts evidence as well?

A Roman historian no friend or admirer of Christianity stated that Jesus was crucified under Pontias Pilate.

Yes that's evidence in support of historicity. It may not be proof, but it's evidence nonetheless. But go ahead appeal to your own unique definition of evidence to exclude it.

Some of the unique TA criteria for historical evidence, is that it has to be contempory, it has to be an eye witness account, a criteria which no one other than their band of atheists subscribe too.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
31-12-2016, 12:49 PM
Hey Tommy Smile

You gonna lay out any reasons why I should believe that the most likely explanation for the allegedly empty alleged tomb is that Jesus rose from the dead? After all you said that us atheists don't believe in terms of most likely explanations but instead try to erroneously something something biology something *bullshit* cough *bullshit*.

Or are you gonna continue being a dickhead and hoping I won't raise this point again? I dunno why I bother asking, I know you're gonna take the dickhead option. I just like seeing you squirm as you find another bullshit reason not to answer the question.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
31-12-2016, 01:22 PM
(31-12-2016 07:35 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(31-12-2016 02:08 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  There is only one claim discussed in court, and the claim is "the defendant is guilty of the crime charged", as presented by the prosecution. The defense only needs to cast doubt, it doesnt have to claim or prove anything. Rolleyes

The defensive can present any variety of evidence counter to the prosecutions narrative. Use evidence in support of the defendant being some where else at the time, etc....

The point being that both the defense and the prosecutions can have evidence in support of their claims and counter claims.

Wrong Tomato.
That's NOT the point. The point is that the RULES of evidence in a legal venue, which YOU brought up and equated to historical analysis, are totally different.

BTW, what is a "defensive" ? Another big word for Tommy ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.