What is the best way to eat crab legs...here's my method

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2016, 11:43 AM
RE: What is the best way to eat crab legs...here's my method
Rolling pin

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
22-08-2016, 08:52 PM
(21-08-2016 09:56 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-08-2016 07:28 AM)cactus Wrote:  This guy knows what's up. Tools and plates are for pussies.

In Maryland you are only permitted to use the tools provided by the crab itself as a matter of respect to the crab.

You can always tell the out of towners at the crabfest. They have a slightly bewildered look and have no idea how to attack the crab. Meanwhile the marylanders have gotten every scrap of meat from a crab and are working on the next using nothing but their wits and hands.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
23-08-2016, 10:48 AM
(21-08-2016 11:43 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Rolling pin

And just to avoid confusion, by "rolling pin" I mean that you take the legs and roll the pin over them from one end to the other and the meat squeezes right out. You could also use the pin for whacking the shit out of the shells, but rolling the meat out works.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
23-08-2016, 12:40 PM
I crack in in the center with my hands then slide the meat out. The claws are a diffrent story. I snap off the lower claw, gently crack the larger postion with a cracker then do what I can to attempt to keep the meat whole. Then when the meat is free dunk it in butter and any loose peacies sit in the butter until the end.

Fun fact: In the 1700's lobsters were considered a poor mans food. They would be used to feed apprentices, slaves and prisoners. It was dirt cheap because it would appear in such adunace you could simply walk along the beach and find piles of them. It has been found that some servants would right up contracts to reduce the number of lobsters they would be fed.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
23-08-2016, 07:08 PM
With my mouth.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
23-08-2016, 08:22 PM
(23-08-2016 10:48 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(21-08-2016 11:43 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Rolling pin

And just to avoid confusion, by "rolling pin" I mean that you take the legs and roll the pin over them from one end to the other and the meat squeezes right out. You could also use the pin for whacking the shit out of the shells, but rolling the meat out works.

That's brilliant! Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.