What is the definition of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2016, 05:32 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2016 05:53 AM by Aliza.)
RE: What is the definition of God?
21Century**,

On a serious note, if you're suffering from some kind of mental disorder, or any other disorder that may impact your faculties, it would be prudent of you to mention this to the forum so we can handle you with more delicacy. There's a section for personal issues and support where you can detail this information, and we do actually aim to make accommodations for well-intentioned people who may from time to time be a little out of sorts. You do seem to have some impulse control issues, so maybe you have a valid explanation for that. Granted, the severity of your issues may be beyond the scope of our graciousness, but the community goes on a case by case basis.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
18-10-2016, 07:01 AM
What is the problem with these people? Allah tried to claim she was a Jew with no basis, this was sort of a backhanded denigration of Jewish heritage, redefining it to mean nothing.

TheBorg refers to Aliza as "Jew Aliza", completely oblivious to how it makes him sound like an anti-Semitic asshole.

This dude goes in full-on meltdown attacking Jewish faith. I am no friend to religious belief, but you have got to know when screaming in rage in someone's face (over the internet Rolleyes ) is no way to behave, especially if the person you're screaming at is respected and has reasonable views, Aliza is no fundamentalist nutter, she's a very reasonable person.

Whatever point of view you are trying to put across is not helped when people can see how unreasonable YOU are, that is all they see and they stop listening to any point you're trying to make.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 5 users Like TheInquisition's post
18-10-2016, 10:10 AM
Jennybee quote:

Niiice. Well, then maybe you should find a forum with no theists to bother you because we all respect Aliza *and* her beliefs here.

I get that you hate religion (and I don't care for it either) but you can still have respect for other people until they give you a good reason not to.

This is a really nice place to come to online. And we do actually get some theists and others who deserve to be pounced on, but Aliza isn't one of them. It's too bad you are starting off on such a crappy foot because you might actually like it here if you gave this place and *all *of us a chance.

Jennybee,

I had to read your post five times to make sure you said what you said!

Yes, I am sure Aliza is a wonderful person, and would be your friend, and you can respect that, BUT, I couldn’t believe my eyes when you stated that you respect her Jewish faith and her god named Yahweh!!! How can this logically be true?!

One can respect Aliza as being a friend, but in no way can an Atheist respect her primitive faith, period! If you take the stance of respecting her religion, then you acknowledge the following biblical examples as being okay! Sorry, you don’t get to have your cake and eat it too.

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests (Deuteronomy 17:12)

Kill Witches (Exodus 22:17)

Kill Homosexuals (Leviticus 20:13)

Kill Fortunetellers (Leviticus 20:27)

Death for Hitting Dad (Exodus 21:15)

Death for Cursing Parents (Leviticus 20:9)

Death for Adultery (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication (Leviticus 21:9)

Death to Followers of Other Religions (Exodus 22:19)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night (Deuteronomy  (22:20-21)

Kill Followers of Other Religions (Deuteronomy (13:7-12)

Death for Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:10-16)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:12-15)

God Will Kill the Children of Sinners (Leviticus 26:21-22)

God orders killing women (Numbers 31:17)

Furthermore, when you respect her religion, you accept that it was okay for Aliza’s Yahweh god to kill millions of innocents, including children, zygotes, and fetus,’ let alone innocent animals, by horrifically drowning them in the Great Flood!

Well Jennybee, this is nice to let everyone know that you condone such killings of innocents, way to go!

How sad. Sad
18-10-2016, 10:13 AM
do you really believe they were killed? It's a fairy tale. Get over it.
18-10-2016, 10:19 AM
(18-10-2016 10:10 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Jennybee quote:

Niiice. Well, then maybe you should find a forum with no theists to bother you because we all respect Aliza *and* her beliefs here.

I get that you hate religion (and I don't care for it either) but you can still have respect for other people until they give you a good reason not to.

This is a really nice place to come to online. And we do actually get some theists and others who deserve to be pounced on, but Aliza isn't one of them. It's too bad you are starting off on such a crappy foot because you might actually like it here if you gave this place and *all *of us a chance.

Jennybee,

I had to read your post five times to make sure you said what you said!

Yes, I am sure Aliza is a wonderful person, and would be your friend, and you can respect that, BUT, I couldn’t believe my eyes when you stated that you respect her Jewish faith and her god named Yahweh!!! How can this logically be true?!

One can respect Aliza as being a friend, but in no way can an Atheist respect her primitive faith, period! If you take the stance of respecting her religion, then you acknowledge the following biblical examples as being okay! Sorry, you don’t get to have your cake and eat it too.

Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests (Deuteronomy 17:12)

Furthermore, when you respect her religion, you accept that it was okay for Aliza’s Yahweh god to kill millions of innocents, including children, zygotes, and fetus,’ let alone innocent animals, by horrifically drowning them in the Great Flood!

Well Jennybee, this is nice to let everyone know that you condone such killings of innocents, way to go!

How sad. Sad
You seem to be confusing "respecting" with "agreeing".

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
18-10-2016, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2016 10:43 AM by 21stCenturyIconoclast.)
Poor Aliza wrote:

On a serious note, if you're suffering from some kind of mental disorder, or any other disorder that may impact your faculties, it would be prudent of you to mention this to the forum so we can handle you with more delicacy. There's a section for personal issues and support where you can detail this information, and we do actually aim to make accommodations for well-intentioned people who may from time to time be a little out of sorts. You do seem to have some impulse control issues, so maybe you have a valid explanation for that. Granted, the severity of your issues may be beyond the scope of our graciousness, but the community goes on a case by case basis.

Aliza,

!!! SMOKE SCREEN ALERT !!!!

Ah, the old tried and true ruse of when you're being made the fool because of your primitive belief in Yahweh as a serial killer, the theist runs a smoke screen to take the lime light off of them! LOL How many times have I seen this before, I can't count the times.

Aliza, I am sorry for your state of mind, really, and for you to proffer this ruse is very telling, in that your alleged "education" into your pagan belief goes wanting as total embarrassment when it is brought forth like I've shown.

Like I stated to Jennybee, the following is what you have to accept when you still live in the Bronze Age in the 21st century, and that is your serial killer god named Yahweh who inspired the following horrific and disgusting doctrine to follow, aren't you so proud? Your alleged "education" into your Jewish religion states that you have to be proud, sickening!

ALIZA ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING DOCTRINE WITH HER JEWISH BELIEFS!

Aren't you so comforted by accepting that it was okay for your primitive Yahweh god to kill millions of innocents, including children, zygotes, and fetus,’ let alone innocent animals, by horrifically drowning them in the Great Flood! I am sure you tell your friends of this fact, yes?

Aliza, you're on record for accepting the above, and other deplorables, within your Jewish writings as a religion, and there is absolutely no way for you to distance yourself from them when you call your god Yahweh, period!

Dear, who is in need of psychiatric help when one accepts a god that is a brutal and horrific serial killer within the Bronze Age of thinking? Can you say; "Pot calling Kettle Black?" Sure you can. It's no wonder why Jews like you don't proselytize, it would be too embarrassing to do so!

Comical!
18-10-2016, 10:38 AM
comical sums it up alright. We can now safely put you in that category.
18-10-2016, 10:42 AM
(18-10-2016 10:36 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Poor Aliza wrote:

Aliza,

Ah, the old tried and true ruse of when you're being made the fool because of your primitive belief in Yahweh as a serial killer, the theist runs a smoke screen to take the lime light off of them! LOL How many times have I seen this before, I can't count the times.

Aliza, I am sorry for your state of mind, really, and for you to proffer this ruse is very telling, in that your alleged "education" into your pagan belief goes wanting as total embarrassment when it is brought forth like I've shown.

Like I stated to Jennybee, the following is what you have to accept when you still live in the Bronze Age in the 21st century, and that is your serial killer god named Yahweh who inspired the following horrific and disgusting doctrine to follow, aren't you so proud? Your alleged "education" into your Jewish religion states that you have to be proud, sickening!

Aren't you so comforted by accepting that it was okay for your primitive Yahweh god to kill millions of innocents, including children, zygotes, and fetus,’ let alone innocent animals, by horrifically drowning them in the Great Flood! I am sure you tell your friends of this fact, yes?

Aliza, you're on record for accepting the above, and other deplorables, within your Jewish writings as a religion, and there is absolutely no way for you to distance yourself from them when you call your god Yahweh, period!

Dear, who is in need of psychiatric help when one accepts a god that is a brutal and horrific serial killer within the Bronze Age of thinking? Can you say; "Pot calling Kettle Black?" Sure you can. It's no wonder why Jews like you don't proselytize, it would be too embarrassing to do so!

Comical!

1. She doesn't call her God Yahweh.

2. I'll bet she doesn't accept all that stuff in your list.

3. If you weren't being such a dick, she might be willing to explain to you what she does believe and what being a Jew means for her. However, since you are being a dick, there's not much chance of that. So just continue making up what you think she believes and accepts, I guess.
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-10-2016, 10:58 AM
(18-10-2016 10:36 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Poor Aliza wrote:

Aliza,

Comical!
Do you have any idea how immature and stupid you sound? I'll tell you one thing, as long as you continue this rude arrogance, I will have a hell of lot more respect for any religion (as much as it pains me to say that) than I will ever have for you. Do you honestly think you are convincing anyone to listen to you? You're just a bully and you can fuck right off anytime.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
18-10-2016, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2016 11:14 AM by 21stCenturyIconoclast.)
Grasshopper wrote:

1. She doesn't call her God Yahweh.

2. I'll bet she doesn't accept all that stuff in your list.

3. If you weren't being such a dick, she might be willing to explain to you what she does believe and what being a Jew means for her. However, since you are being a dick, there's not much chance of that. So just continue making up what you think she believes and accepts, I guess.

Grasshopper,

Uh, what did you just promote? Are you serious? Really?

For your future enlightenment, any Jewish person following the faith from the Torah, Tanakh, and other Jewish religious writings, has to call their god of the Bronze Age "Yahweh." Get it?

It is so funny to read such ignorance like when you stated that Aliza probably doesn't accept "all that stuff," when in fact that she has to believe it because who is she to have the authority over her inspired word of Yahweh's doctrine? H-E-L-L-O? Thats like saying you are only going to follow "some of the DMV laws" within your state. You're too funny!

Here's another comical notion by you, "If you weren't being such a dick, she might be willing to explain to you what she does believe and what being a Jew means for her." No grasshopper, I would be explaining her primitive faith to her and how she is a blatant hypocrite if she doesn't follow said faith to the letter!

I don't make up what she believes, her primitive Bronze Age god's direct writings does that for her, get it? Yes?

Whew.