What is the definition of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2016, 11:46 AM
RE: What is the definition of God?
(18-10-2016 11:34 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Jennybee quote:

I have read the Bible and do *not* agree with it. I reread my post after Chas' comment and I saw how it came across. What I should have said (as I stated in a post to Chas) is that I respect Aliza as a person *and* respect her right to believe as she wishes.

Jennybee,

Listen, as I have said ad infinitum before, I am sure Aliza is a great person and a friend to many upon this forum, separate from her primitive beliefs as shown. Okay?

That being said, you're still digging your hole deeper in that if you follow your revised statement of; "I respect Aliza as a person *and* respect her right to believe as she wishes” you’re stating that as an Atheist, you respect her for accepting her serial killing god’s disgusting doctrine of ordering her to kill? Is that truly mentally sound for you to do so? NOT!

“Pat Sajak, Jennybee may want to buy a vowel for another revised statement.” Jennybee, Don Pardo has some parting gifts for you if you don’t. Smile

Yes, well, I like to live my life giving others a chance to explain themselves before pushing *my* worldview onto them and telling them what it is they believe.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
18-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Impulse,

Real quick so as not to tax your bereft mental state;

Number one response: In the vein of listening, reading, seeing, etc., you did, in which you blatantly contradicted yourself. Conversely, I am sorry that you can’t read between the obvious syntactical lines.

Number two response: WOW, you must be so proud to flaunt such despicable language to others, this obviously shows you to be an intellectual! NOT!

I most certainly didn’t come here to make fools of Atheists like you, but to enlighten the inept theist, no matter what Bronze and Iron Age god they worship.
18-10-2016, 11:59 AM
(18-10-2016 11:53 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  I most certainly didn’t come here to make fools of Atheists like you, but to enlighten the inept theist, no matter what Bronze and Iron Age god they worship.

How's that working out for you?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
18-10-2016, 12:29 PM
I most certainly didn’t come here to make fools of Atheists like you, but to enlighten the inept theist, no matter what Bronze and Iron Age god they worship.

unfogged;

YOUR QUOTE: "How's that working out for you?"

As usual, the theist knows better to engage me upon their primitive religion. Therefore, they run and hide for good reason. The irony is that I am fighting off Atheists that accept a theist's beliefs in the most insidious ways, as shown in this thread.

I was told that "the borg" is the one to engage, but subsequent to reading some of his inept and ignorant postings relative to his chosen Bronze and Iron Age Christianity cult, he's a boy scout and would be easily dispatched.
18-10-2016, 12:30 PM
(18-10-2016 11:53 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Number one response: In the vein of listening, reading, seeing, etc., you did, in which you blatantly contradicted yourself. Conversely, I am sorry that you can’t read between the obvious syntactical lines.
So you have reading comprehension issues too. The word "listen" was originally used by me in what we're talking about and your definition is not how I meant it at all. You might want to try understanding that which you respond to before you reply.

(18-10-2016 11:53 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Number two response: WOW, you must be so proud to flaunt such despicable language to others, this obviously shows you to be an intellectual! NOT!
Not proud of it at all nor am I ashamed. As I said, I only use it with the lowest who come here and you ranked there very quickly. Congratulations. If it offends you, maybe you'll begin to understand the impact your arrogance is having on other people in this thread. Can you feel those walls going up all around you? Consider

(18-10-2016 11:53 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  I most certainly didn’t come here to make fools of Atheists like you, but to enlighten the inept theist, no matter what Bronze and Iron Age god they worship.
Good, it's enough that you're making a fool of yourself. If you think you are enlightening anyone with your arrogance I have news for you... no one is listening (sorry, there's that "listening" word again that you can't seem to figure out what it means).

By the way...

(17-10-2016 07:45 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  You're obviously reading this post now subsequent to your trip to the ER after your very revealing psychotic episode.

(17-10-2016 07:45 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Pertaining to your psychosis in ranting the way...

(18-10-2016 10:36 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Dear, who is in need of psychiatric help...

(18-10-2016 11:12 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  ..., then that is up to you at the expense of your ever so wanting mental state

(18-10-2016 11:34 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Is that truly mentally sound for you to do so? NOT!

(18-10-2016 11:53 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Real quick so as not to tax your bereft mental state;

...repeating something stupid only looks more stupid.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
18-10-2016, 12:48 PM
(18-10-2016 12:29 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  I most certainly didn’t come here to make fools of Atheists like you, but to enlighten the inept theist, no matter what Bronze and Iron Age god they worship.

unfogged;

As usual, the theist knows better to engage me upon their primitive religion. Therefore, they run and hide for good reason.

Aliza is not here to engage anybody on her religious beliefs. She does not claim that anybody else should accept her beliefs and, while I think she is fooling herself that they are completely private or harmless, theists like her are not the problem.

Quote:The irony is that I am fighting off Atheists that accept a theist's beliefs in the most insidious ways, as shown in this thread.

No, the people in this thread do not accept a theist's beliefs. They accept that a theist has beliefs. If she were pushing them in any way she would get a lot of argument but, as has been said already, it is smart to pick your battles. This is not one that needs to be fought. Doing so only reinforces the "angry atheist" stereotype and hinders the larger fight.

There is the need for a wide variety of approaches to getting rid of religion but, in my opinion, your style does far more harm than good.

Quote:I was told that "the borg" is the one to engage, but subsequent to reading some of his inept and ignorant postings relative to his chosen Bronze and Iron Age Christianity cult, he's a boy scout and would be easily dispatched.

He's a "chew toy" which can be good for a few laughs but note a serious debate. We get much more eloquent theists fairly regularly so bide your time and you'll find deserving targets for the derision. You'll also see the people you are arguing with here handing out large doses of that same derision because it will be at a deserving target.

By the way, if you reply to specific post it will format the quoted part for you. Using a unique quoting style just makes it harder for others to pick out what is being quoted and from whom.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
18-10-2016, 12:53 PM
Jennybee quote: Yes, well, I like to live my life giving others a chance to explain themselves before pushing *my* worldview onto them and telling them what it is they believe.

Jennybee,

When one swallows the ineptness of a Bronze and Iron Age religion, they're to believe in what their specific god has commanded them to believe, and the Atheist has nothing to do with this fact, other than to show them to be fools in the 21st century. They have absolutely no authority whatsoever to change the inspired doctrine of said god that they have chosen, be it Yahweh, Jesus, or Allah.

Apologetics has come into being because first world societies have evolved into what they are today, where for the most part, they have jettisoned the primitive religious past to where it belongs, in the Bronze and Iron Age, period. There were times in the United States history, within the Puritan era, where the peoples actually followed the Christian god's doctrine, Salem Witch Trials (Exodus 22:18), killing anyone that works upon the Sabbath (Exodus 31:12-15), etc., but only today to save face, they try so hard to rewrite their sickening holy books in vain, or not follow them at all, but still tout that they are of their particular chosen faith.

Not only do they become hypocrites to their godly writings by taking this stance, but subjectively, they become psychotic to continue to believe in these primitive serial killing god concepts, as I have shown in only minute detail thus far.
18-10-2016, 01:02 PM
(18-10-2016 12:29 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  I most certainly didn’t come here to make fools of Atheists like you, but to enlighten the inept theist, no matter what Bronze and Iron Age god they worship.

unfogged;

As usual, the theist knows better to engage me upon their primitive religion. Therefore, they run and hide for good reason. The irony is that I am fighting off Atheists that accept a theist's beliefs in the most insidious ways, as shown in this thread.

I was told that "the borg" is the one to engage, but subsequent to reading some of his inept and ignorant postings relative to his chosen Bronze and Iron Age Christianity cult, he's a boy scout and would be easily dispatched.

Actually, Aliza is out helping people who were victims of the hurricane. That's why she's not here responding to your every post. And we don't have a ton of theists on the forum. We're mostly atheists here.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
18-10-2016, 01:07 PM
(18-10-2016 12:53 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Jennybee quote: Yes, well, I like to live my life giving others a chance to explain themselves before pushing *my* worldview onto them and telling them what it is they believe.

Jennybee,

When one swallows the ineptness of a Bronze and Iron Age religion, they're to believe in what their specific god has commanded them to believe, and the Atheist has nothing to do with this fact, other than to show them to be fools in the 21st century. They have absolutely no authority whatsoever to change the inspired doctrine of said god that they have chosen, be it Yahweh, Jesus, or Allah.

Apologetics has come into being because first world societies have evolved into what they are today, where for the most part, they have jettisoned the primitive religious past to where it belongs, in the Bronze and Iron Age, period. There were times in the United States history, within the Puritan era, where the peoples actually followed the Christian god's doctrine, Salem Witch Trials (Exodus 22:18), killing anyone that works upon the Sabbath (Exodus 31:12-15), etc., but only today to save face, they try so hard to rewrite their sickening holy books in vain, or not follow them at all, but still tout that they are of their particular chosen faith.

Not only do they become hypocrites to their godly writings by taking this stance, but subjectively, they become psychotic to continue to believe in these primitive serial killing god concepts, as I have shown in only minute detail thus far.

But you have assumed all that she believes without even asking her and you have predetermined what kind of person you think she is without bothering to get to know her. How is that a fair approach?
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
18-10-2016, 04:32 PM
Huh. It seems Icono that in the process of me kicking your goddamn ass one of my blows went awry and knocked you balls up into your chest cavity. Considering you didn't have the stones to admit when you were wrong, apologize for your bigoted outburst, and decided instead to pretend the demonstration of your error (my post) didn't even happen....I don't see there being any other explanation.

So you are fucking stupid, incompetent AND a coward. Or are you just one of those dime a dozen bullies that can't handle when his food bites back? Prefer soft targets do you? You boy are a coward, all bark and no bite or substance just loud.

Oh well not like I need your response to mock your stupid ass and point out your bullshit so lets have at it.

(18-10-2016 10:10 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  I had to read your post five times to make sure you said what you said!
And the first four times were do to your lack of reading comprehension. And it didn't even help. Drinking Beverage

(18-10-2016 10:10 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Yes, I am sure Aliza is a wonderful person....
Good, you recognize that you are being an unprovoked, belligerent and childish little cunt to a wonderful person.

(18-10-2016 10:10 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  One can respect Aliza as being a friend, but in no way can an Atheist respect her primitive faith, period!
HOURS before you wrote this Jenny had already clarified her position that she respects Aliza's right to believe what she wants to believe and not the religion it's self.
But you saw an illusory "gotcha!" moment and decided it would be better to build and attack an strawman of her actual position built around her misspeaking. Shocking.Rolleyes

(18-10-2016 10:10 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Kill People Who Don't Listen to Priests (Deuteronomy 17:12)
Blah blah blah. You don't get to screech about the content of books when you have already twice displayed your ignorance of the subject of theology, once when you got pissy about Aliza CORRECTLY calling the Christian god Jesus and another when you repeatedly asserting that Jews HAVE to call their god Yahweh which anyone with a fucking basic knowledge of Judaism would know is FACTUALLY NOT ACCURATE. The fact that you continue with this stupid debunked assertion after you have already been corrected by multiple people including a Jew herself just shows your bigotry has no basis in, nor interest in, accuracy and fact.
You wanna yell and facts be damned.

(18-10-2016 10:10 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Well Jennybee, this is nice to let everyone know that you condone such killings of innocents, way to go!
Blatant strawman. You have no honesty.

(18-10-2016 10:10 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  How sad. Sad
Yes, your utter lack of knowledge (beyond a 2 minute Google search) of the subject you wish to oppose and "discuss" IS sad.

(18-10-2016 10:36 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  !!! SMOKE SCREEN ALERT !!!!

Ah, the old tried and true ruse of when you're being made the fool because of your primitive belief in Yahweh as a serial killer, the theist runs a smoke screen to take the lime light off of them! LOL How many times have I seen this before, I can't count the times.
Oh I dunno...
(17-10-2016 07:45 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Pertaining to your psychosis in ranting the way you’ve done with the rest of your revealing post #68, I feel it a waste of time to try and address your other misquided notions if you couldn’t even understand the first simple proposition above.
..one at least.Drinking Beverage
You hypocritical sack of shit. Oh..oh wait are you the only one who is allowed to avoid dealing with criticism by throwing up bullshit diversionary nonsense?

Also knowing Aliza to the, limited, extent that I do she is DEAD serious. Where as I don't give a fuck how batshit you are, Aliza (and many others) would actually recommend mental help for a person who joins a forum just to act like a sociopath with anger issues and no social skills whatsoever.
You do not get to stick your micro dick in a beehive and be surprised when people say you need mental help.

Also though why SHOULD Aliza address anything you say? You have displayed multiple times you don't care about facts, you are going to tell her what she believes, and your going to be a fucking shithead. Why should she partake in a conversation with someone who has nothing to bring to the conversation other than bigotry?
I don't debate with members of the KKK, why should she debate the emotional and mental equivalent?

(18-10-2016 10:36 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  ALIZA ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING DOCTRINE WITH HER JEWISH BELIEFS!
If she accepts that as part of her religions doctrine is up to her to tell you, not you to tell her you. You do not get to dictate other peoples thoughts on a matter to them you nazi fuck. Even if she DOES accept that as doctrine in the faith, that doesn't mean she thinks it's origin is from god, and it doesn't means she agrees with it as moral.
When you refuse to ask questions and instead act like a jackbooted thug you end up not learning anything nor convincing anyone you have a place in the conversation to begin with.

(18-10-2016 10:36 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  I am sure you tell your friends of this fact, yes?
Being a passive-aggressive cunt. *yawn*

(18-10-2016 10:36 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Aliza, you're on record for accepting the above
Quote a single example of Aliza saying that in those words. Do you even know what "on the record" even means? So far I haven't seen Aliza say that at all, but I've seen you try to dictate what her beliefs and views are to her. You haven't even tried to ask her her opinion on the matter you have just declared what you think it is and has to be.
Which makes you intentionally uniformed.

(18-10-2016 10:36 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Dear, who is in need of psychiatric help when one accepts a god that is a brutal and horrific serial killer within the Bronze Age of thinking?
Let's just assume for the sake of argument that she does accept all that. She follows a good that is a "serial killer", and you do not. Let's take a look at how that belief and lack of belief informs both of your actions.
She is out doing volunteer work helping people devastated by the hurricane, is so nice a person that even as a theist on an atheist forum she stands in loving regard without a SINGLE negative rep point.
You on the other hand are a sociopath with anger issues, that attacks people without provocation, has a history of being removed from communities for you caustic and unhealthy actions, are ignorant, bigoted, a coward, and lack the fucking balls to admit personal fault even when it's fucking demonstrated to you, and act as a general all around cunt.

So while I object to her beliefs as being irrationally held she is clearly still a MILES
better person than you. THAT you stupid ignorant fuck is why we judge people based on their actions and not their personal beliefs.

(18-10-2016 10:59 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  For your future enlightenment, any Jewish person following the faith from the Torah, Tanakh, and other Jewish religious writings, has to call their god of the Bronze Age "Yahweh." Get it?
This is just factually wrong and you have been corrected on this unfounded and stupid assertion several times now by more than one person.

(18-10-2016 10:59 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  when in fact that she has to believe it because who is she to have the authority over her inspired word of Yahweh's doctrine?
No she does not. For fuck sake it's not PHYSICALLY possible for ANY Jew to follow ALL the commandments in their holy book and as such no one does. How are you supposed to follow the laws governing animal sacrifice in the Temple when the fucking Temple doesn't exist anymore? That's just one example.
You do not have the knowledge of Judaism to make the kind of stupid assertions that you are and you continue to demonstrate this. You are all flash and no substance, you think if you yell loud enough and long enough no one will figure out you don't know a fucking thing about what you are talking about.

(18-10-2016 10:59 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Thats like saying you are only going to follow "some of the DMV laws" within your state.
Dur, hur, hur cause everyone agrees with every single law and no one ever speeds!

You are fuckign stupid.

(18-10-2016 10:59 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Here's another comical notion by you, "If you weren't being such a dick, she might be willing to explain to you what she does believe and what being a Jew means for her." No grasshopper, I would be explaining her primitive faith to her and how she is a blatant hypocrite if she doesn't follow said faith to the letter!
And here is why she is not, and fucking should not, engage with you. Because you don't give a fuck what she thinks or what she believes you only care about the strawman you have built out of your stupidity and bigotry. Your not interested in listening, your not interested in a discussion or a dialog, you are just looking for an excuse to be an anonymous bigot in front of a crowd.
There is only a cosmetic difference between you and the Westboro Baptist Church.

(18-10-2016 10:59 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  I don't make up what she believes..
No actually by dictating not only what she believes to her but that she has to believe what you think she believes that is exactly what you have done you fucking smacktard.

(18-10-2016 11:12 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  I am truly sorry that you're having a hard time with biblical fact...
He said, ignoring the fact that he didn't even know Jesus is God in Biblical tradition.Rolleyes

(18-10-2016 11:12 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Most ignorant people like you of this fact usually shout out in vain like you've done.
He said, after resorting to yelling as loud as he could and then hiding after his own ignorance of both Christian tradition and Jewish tradition was desplayed. Rolleyes

(18-10-2016 11:12 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  I can understand that Aliza is a friend to many on this forum, but her primitive beliefs will be shown by me to the fullest extent.
You can't show a person beliefs to be anything when you haven't bothered to ask her and find out what they are. You don't know what they are, you know what you think they are, and those are not the same thing. Congratulations you can beat up the strawman you built. Wooo wee wow! Good for you kiddo.

Who exactly are you going to show this to anyway? In case you haven't noticed most everyone her doesn't give a fuck what you think and are not really interested in hear your bigoted nonsense. You COULD have attacked her beliefs but you attacked her personage instead. Which brands you as a fundamentalist, a bigot and a cunt. Are you going to show Aliza? She has a better understanding of Jewish belief than you will EVER have, nor is she likely to pay any attention to a child throwing a public temper tantrum.
So who exactly are you trying to "show"? Yourself? The lurkers? Do you have a plan to show how it's hypocritical beyond being a cunt to her and calling her hypocritical?

(18-10-2016 11:12 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Is this the type of "school yard" language that the alumni of this forum usually listens too?
When a stupid cunt, such as yourself, starts acting like a stupid cunt for no reason what are we supposed to call said stupid cunt? Seems to me if you walk, talk, and act like a stupid cunt than it is entirely reasonable to brand you and treat you like a stupid cunt.Drinking Beverage

The fact you think bad words deserves reproach but not you acting like a mentally unstable sociopath bully without provocation helps cement the fact that you are just plain stupid.
Tell me boy, who would most people rather deal with outside the internet: a good and polite person who believes things you don't, or a lunatic who runs into a crowded room and starts verbally accosting strangers for no fucking reason?
Who is more likely to be taken serious or even given the time of day for that matter?

Do know who you are planning to convince of your opinion when you have already convinced us your a joke.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post