What is the definition of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2016, 04:38 PM
RE: What is the definition of God?
(18-10-2016 12:29 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  The irony is that I am fighting off Atheists that accept a theist's beliefs in the most insidious ways, as shown in this thread.

Bull-fucking-shit you lying asshole! I've made it abundantly clear over and over that I'm defending a PERSON from your PERSONAL attacks on them you lying cocksucker.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
18-10-2016, 04:42 PM
(18-10-2016 10:36 AM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Poor Aliza wrote:

On a serious note, if you're suffering from some kind of mental disorder, or any other disorder that may impact your faculties, it would be prudent of you to mention this to the forum so we can handle you with more delicacy. There's a section for personal issues and support where you can detail this information, and we do actually aim to make accommodations for well-intentioned people who may from time to time be a little out of sorts. You do seem to have some impulse control issues, so maybe you have a valid explanation for that. Granted, the severity of your issues may be beyond the scope of our graciousness, but the community goes on a case by case basis.

Aliza,

!!! SMOKE SCREEN ALERT !!!!

Ah, the old tried and true ruse of when you're being made the fool because of your primitive belief in Yahweh as a serial killer, the theist runs a smoke screen to take the lime light off of them! LOL How many times have I seen this before, I can't count the times.

Aliza, I am sorry for your state of mind, really, and for you to proffer this ruse is very telling, in that your alleged "education" into your pagan belief goes wanting as total embarrassment when it is brought forth like I've shown.

Like I stated to Jennybee, the following is what you have to accept when you still live in the Bronze Age in the 21st century, and that is your serial killer god named Yahweh who inspired the following horrific and disgusting doctrine to follow, aren't you so proud? Your alleged "education" into your Jewish religion states that you have to be proud, sickening!

ALIZA ACCEPTS THE FOLLOWING DOCTRINE WITH HER JEWISH BELIEFS!

Kill Witches (Exodus 22:17)

Kill Homosexuals (Leviticus 20:13)

Kill Fortunetellers (Leviticus 20:27)

Death for Hitting Dad (Exodus 21:15)

Death for Cursing Parents (Leviticus 20:9)

Death for Adultery (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

Death for Fornication (Leviticus 21:9)

Death to Followers of Other Religions (Exodus 22:19)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night (Deuteronomy  (22:20-21)

Kill Followers of Other Religions (Deuteronomy (13:7-12)

Death for Blasphemy (Leviticus 24:10-16)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:12-15)

God Will Kill the Children of Sinners (Leviticus 26:21-22)

God orders killing women (Numbers 31:17)

Aren't you so comforted by accepting that it was okay for your primitive Yahweh god to kill millions of innocents, including children, zygotes, and fetus,’ let alone innocent animals, by horrifically drowning them in the Great Flood! I am sure you tell your friends of this fact, yes?

Aliza, you're on record for accepting the above, and other deplorables, within your Jewish writings as a religion, and there is absolutely no way for you to distance yourself from them when you call your god Yahweh, period!

Dear, who is in need of psychiatric help when one accepts a god that is a brutal and horrific serial killer within the Bronze Age of thinking? Can you say; "Pot calling Kettle Black?" Sure you can. It's no wonder why Jews like you don't proselytize, it would be too embarrassing to do so!

Comical!

Were you raised in the Westboro Baptist Church by any chance?
[+] 6 users Like Aliza's post
18-10-2016, 04:43 PM
(17-10-2016 11:18 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(17-10-2016 09:58 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  OK, we get it. You're a raging bigot. Indistinguishable from such notables as Jerry Falwell except that you tack an "a" in front of your "theist".

Maybe he means "A Theist". His(?) behavior is certainly similar to many Christian fundamentalists I've met, with the raging and ranting, the bigotry, and the cultist "in group" and "out group" behaviors. He also uses fear of social outcasting to try to control people.

This person may secretely be a very well trained christian fundamentalist. Who knows! Maybe they're here to try to make atheism look bad and steer people back to Jesus.

While theoretically possible, I've yet to see an anti-Poe that wasn't hilariously transparent.

You're spot on about the behaviour and it's for exactly the same reasons. A zealot is a zealot regardless of belief. 21CI is pretty much a classic frothing anti-theist. Note the raging insecurity. All his shrieking is for his benefit. It's exactly the same behavior as a fundamentalist Witlessing at you. It isn't designed to convert you or anybody else, it functions solely to prop up his own faith.

See how he didn't even try to get anybody on side with him? This is an atheist forum and you're a theist. If he'd lurked a bit and used the tiniest bit of brain power he could have stirred up a nasty little fight. There are points where our worldviews are going to collide. We both politely ignore those because we're adults who understand that nobody's worldview matches our own 100% and we have to be able to get along. It wouldn't have taken much wit to start an ugly little thread on any one of those but this ass-hat has all the subtlety of a well-aimed brick.

Happily, they're easy enough to deal with. You just force them to admit the attrocity that is the logical conclusion of their extremism and then hold their nose in it.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
18-10-2016, 04:53 PM
(18-10-2016 04:32 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  There is only a cosmetic difference between you and the Westboro Baptist Church.
(18-10-2016 04:42 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Were you raised in the Westboro Baptist Church by any chance?

[Image: High-Five-GIF.gif?gs=a]

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
18-10-2016, 04:56 PM
(18-10-2016 11:20 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Modern Jews are not required to accept every word of the Bible as literal fact, and they have writings (the Talmud) many times larger than the Bible interpreting and explaining it. Aliza could explain this to you much better than I can (I'm not a Jew), but why should she even bother to communicate with such a dick as you?

Oh, by the way -- go fuck yourself with a cactus. You're not funny at all. You're just a dick.

Oh, I am completely content to leave him to his misinformation. It takes a certain level of baseline knowledge to comprehend what I have to say in the first place, and this guy doesn't have it. Besides, his ignorance makes his ranting and raving that much more amusing for me because I know the vastness of the information that he's missing from his knowledge base.

He's like an angry chimpanzee screaming at the zookeeper while jumping up and down and flinging his feces. The onlookers see the chimpanzee for what he is, but the chimpanzee probably thinks he's king of zoo.
18-10-2016, 04:58 PM
(18-10-2016 04:43 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  It wouldn't have taken much wit to start an ugly little thread on any one of those but this ass-hat has all the subtlety of a well-aimed brick.

[Image: 2012-10-12-The-Bricks-Fault.jpg]Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
18-10-2016, 05:07 PM
(18-10-2016 01:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-10-2016 12:53 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Jennybee quote: Yes, well, I like to live my life giving others a chance to explain themselves before pushing *my* worldview onto them and telling them what it is they believe.

Jennybee,

When one swallows the ineptness of a Bronze and Iron Age religion, they're to believe in what their specific god has commanded them to believe, and the Atheist has nothing to do with this fact, other than to show them to be fools in the 21st century. They have absolutely no authority whatsoever to change the inspired doctrine of said god that they have chosen, be it Yahweh, Jesus, or Allah.

Apologetics has come into being because first world societies have evolved into what they are today, where for the most part, they have jettisoned the primitive religious past to where it belongs, in the Bronze and Iron Age, period. There were times in the United States history, within the Puritan era, where the peoples actually followed the Christian god's doctrine, Salem Witch Trials (Exodus 22:18), killing anyone that works upon the Sabbath (Exodus 31:12-15), etc., but only today to save face, they try so hard to rewrite their sickening holy books in vain, or not follow them at all, but still tout that they are of their particular chosen faith.

Not only do they become hypocrites to their godly writings by taking this stance, but subjectively, they become psychotic to continue to believe in these primitive serial killing god concepts, as I have shown in only minute detail thus far.

But you have assumed all that she believes without even asking her and you have predetermined what kind of person you think she is without bothering to get to know her. How is that a fair approach?

He doesn't understand that other religions are not like Christianity. Possibly because the only religion he was ever exposed to was Christianity. He can't comprehend my view because he has very low information. He's exactly like a creationist yammering on and on about "geological evidence" that proves the Earth was created in 6 days, a few thousand years ago. It's low information.
18-10-2016, 05:08 PM
(18-10-2016 04:38 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Bull-fucking-shit you lying asshole!

WD, you really need to learn to express your true feelings. Keeping them bottled up all the time is just no good.
Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 8 users Like unfogged's post
18-10-2016, 05:19 PM
Yo! Iconoclast!

Please excuse the billboard font. It's been a tad difficult to get your attention my more mundane methods.

For the sake of discussion, let's assume that I agree with your outlook in the slightest. What do you suggest we do?

I mean sure, popping onto an online forum and anonymously howling at people you've never met is great fun and all. It's a surefire way to showcase the fact that your balls haven't descended yet. On the down side, it's a little lacking in the effectiveness department. Theists have been popping onto this forum for years and shrieking at us like that. To date their success rate is an unsurprising 0%. Going by your banter about being banned from other forums I'm going to guess that you have a similarly impressive failure record.

So what do you propose we do about these theists?

How do we rid the world of this scourge?

Or is this all just an exercise in pseudo-intellectual masturbation?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
18-10-2016, 05:33 PM
(18-10-2016 04:56 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Oh, I am completely content to leave him to his misinformation. It takes a certain level of baseline knowledge to comprehend what I have to say in the first place, and this guy doesn't have it. Besides, his ignorance makes his ranting and raving that much more amusing for me because I know the vastness of the information that he's missing from his knowledge base.

I know what level of baseline knowledge I don't have with respect to Judaism and I can see the vastness of the information that he's missing from his knowledge base. That swaggering ignorance is impressive.

Quote:He's like an angry chimpanzee screaming at the zookeeper while jumping up and down and flinging his feces. The onlookers see the chimpanzee for what he is, but the chimpanzee probably thinks he's king of zoo.

While initially amusing, the novelty wears thin after the first few nanoseconds.

(18-10-2016 05:07 PM)Aliza Wrote:  He doesn't understand that other religions are not like Christianity.

He doesn't even understand that some Christians aren't like other Christians. Facepalm It's all the same to him. Billions of people on the planet and only two possibilities. Such a tiny, tiny mind. You're going to be a horrible shock to his system.

---
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post