What is the definition of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2016, 07:39 PM
RE: What is the definition of God?
(19-10-2016 07:35 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 07:11 PM)Aliza Wrote:  We found an organization that could shelter and feed a displaced family with an autistic child today.
See Iconoclast even though you have been nothing but a raging cunt to Aliza all day she such a nice and caring person that she still went out rolled up her sleeves got to work ....and found your parents a house.
[Image: tumblr_m4xnon9Zql1qj3ir1.gif]

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
19-10-2016, 07:40 PM
(19-10-2016 07:22 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Okay, as per my post #151 to Aliza relative to her primitive Bronze Age belief, and where she cannot address it and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, there is no winning or losing, so there is no further need to embarrass her any further.
"Further" implies that you started at some point. Ya really didn't.Drinking Beverage

(19-10-2016 07:22 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  She has been easily put to rest as seen by her insidious and lame subsequent excuses not to engage.
By that logic you are freely admitting that I put you bitch ass to rest. You realize that right? That being unable to offer even a token response to my criticism makes you fall under that category to. You get that right?

(19-10-2016 07:22 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Therefore, where do I find another inept theist on this forum so I can continue this voyage in showing them as well in how dumbfounded they are in swallowing a Bronze and Iron Age primitive religion going into the 21st century?
Or how about you fuck off and die as no one is interested in watching you high five your own shit.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
19-10-2016, 07:41 PM
WD you are a machine. You need to pace yourself. Go look at the koalas. Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Why does he think non-sequitur means "something not in line with the original train of conversation"?

Non-sequitur means (loosely translated) "it does not follow". It's an objection to an illogical argument that claims B follows A logically. That's all. I believe the term you are looking for here is "distraction" or "red herring". Just FYI.

As for Aliza and her beliefs, if we all went around being assholes to people who believed things we thought were wrong, then 1) we'd be no better than the worst fundamentalists out there with their social badgering of people just for being nonbelievers, and 2) we'd deserve the opprobrium leveled at us by the Christian assholes with whom we are constantly forced to deal.

By the way, if 1) and 2), above, do not actually follow from my premise, then you'd be right to call it a non-sequitur.

I'm married to a Christian. She believes in science and a magical religion at the same time. She also believes that being five pounds heaver than the day I met her at age 21 (and having two children since) makes her "fat". I think she's wrong about both, but don't tease her for either of them. If she wants to have a discussion about religion, then I will gladly have a conversation about it.

So, again, learn what non-sequitur means, and stop being such an asshole.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
19-10-2016, 07:46 PM
(19-10-2016 07:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  WD you are a machine. You need to pace yourself. Go look at the koalas. Tongue

They just remind me that this jack ass is not...
[Image: best-photos-of-the-week-53.jpg?w=500&h=709]
... to talk shit about theism and it makes me wanna fight more! That Irish blood lass, it's fiery stuffs!

..but kittens is cute!
[Image: 80832324.gif]

[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
19-10-2016, 07:49 PM
(19-10-2016 07:17 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 07:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  You need to find your happy place. Confused

I did, it's in a choco cupcake Big Grin

I am late to the game. I was going to prescribe chocolate. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
19-10-2016, 07:49 PM
(19-10-2016 07:46 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 07:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  WD you are a machine. You need to pace yourself. Go look at the koalas. Tongue

They just remind me that this jack ass is not...
... to talk shit about theism and it makes me wanna fight more! That Irish blood lass, it's fiery stuffs!

..but kittens is cute!

Yup, I'm Irish too- but I'm putting my fiery stuffs into eating a cupcake. Evil_monster

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-10-2016, 07:50 PM
(19-10-2016 07:49 PM)skyking Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 07:17 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I did, it's in a choco cupcake Big Grin

I am late to the game. I was going to prescribe chocolate. Big Grin

Yes chocolate makes everything better Drooling

[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
19-10-2016, 07:52 PM
(19-10-2016 07:49 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(19-10-2016 07:46 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  They just remind me that this jack ass is not...

..but kittens is cute!

Yup, I'm Irish too- but I'm putting my fiery stuffs into eating a cupcake. Evil_monster
Unless you about to bring me one, I's got no cupcake!

Anymore..
[Image: simposn.gif]

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
19-10-2016, 07:53 PM
(19-10-2016 07:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  WD you are a machine. You need to pace yourself.

[Image: post-63384-Nathan-Fillion-this-is-what-I-5C0L.gif]

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post