What is the definition of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2016, 03:24 PM
RE: What is the definition of God?
What the fuck is wrong with being a "potty mouth"?

If you're not religious, Mr. Asshole, why do you care what sort of epithets she chooses to employ?

In case you missed the recent research, a well-rounded swear-word repertoire is correlative with high IQ and creativity.

And as others have repeatedly tried to point out to you, being an over-aggressive douchebag (including trying to force someone to engage with you on your terms and your terms alone) is not "taking no prisoners" in debate style.

It's just being an over-aggressive douchebag.

Edit to Add: I'd also like to point out the sad level of passive-aggressiveness that constitutes your "promise" to be a "good boy", indicating that you'd suppress your desire to be an unregenerate, abrasive asshole, simply to manipulate someone into engaging with you on your own terms, as if it's a concession you're making to the people here... rather than being a basic level of human decency that is expected of any normal person. Don't try to blame us for your sociopathy.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-10-2016, 03:30 PM
Facepalm
(20-10-2016 02:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 02:32 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Momsurroundedbyboys,,

So, relative to my post #151 that included biblical Hebrew FACT, logic and reason, in why Aliza is suppose to follow ALL of her Holy Book called the Tanakh, is not appreciated because it enrages her and the alumni, and it is rather dull by showing empirical facts no matter how it is presented?

Gotcha! No

You showed nothing, you simply strung words together and bloviated.

You offered no sources or citations -- you want to tell anyone here what to think, back up your words.

Until then you're barely mediocre.

Momsurroundedbyboys,,,

Okay, so the actual Tanakh writings from the Christian Old Testament that is the impetus of her faith, and that are godly inspired, and that I included in my postings to her in this thread, did not count as sources and citations in backing up my words relative to her faith? *cough*

If you don't accept these as citations for one's faith, then you might as well not let theists come to this forum altogether in proving their side of the coin.

So, do you have an option of setting up a private thread as other forums have, in case Aliza wants to discuss her religion with me since I promised to be a good boy, and as long as she curbs her being a potty mouth?
20-10-2016, 03:37 PM
(20-10-2016 03:30 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  ...the actual Tanakh writings from the Christian Old Testament...

Ah, so you don't understand anything at all about Judaism. Got it.
[+] 4 users Like Grasshopper's post
20-10-2016, 03:40 PM
(20-10-2016 03:24 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  What the fuck is wrong with being a "potty mouth"?

If you're not religious, Mr. Asshole, why do you care what sort of epithets she chooses to employ?

In case you missed the recent research, a well-rounded swear-word repertoire is correlative with high IQ and creativity.

And as others have repeatedly tried to point out to you, being an over-aggressive douchebag (including trying to force someone to engage with you on your terms and your terms alone) is not "taking no prisoners" in debate style.

Edit to Add: I'd also like to point out the sad level of passive-aggressiveness that constitutes your "promise" to be a "good boy", indicating that you'd suppress your desire to be an unregenerate, abrasive asshole, simply to manipulate someone into engaging with you on your own terms, as if it's a concession you're making to the people here... rather than being a basic level of human decency that is expected of any normal person. Don't try to blame us for your sociopathy.

'RocketSurgeon76',

Uh, did I mention any terms to said discussion? No I did not. Try to read the posts fully next time to save yourself any further embarrassment, okay? Thank you.

All I stated was that I'll be a good boy, relative to this forums usual MO, but again, the rage in throwing out insults in the way of blistering epithets is new to me, but my MO of discussion is wrong. Classic. Laugh out load
20-10-2016, 03:43 PM
(20-10-2016 03:30 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Facepalm
(20-10-2016 02:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You showed nothing, you simply strung words together and bloviated.

You offered no sources or citations -- you want to tell anyone here what to think, back up your words.

Until then you're barely mediocre.

Momsurroundedbyboys,,,

Okay, so the actual Tanakh writings from the Christian Old Testament that is the impetus of her faith, and that are godly inspired, and that I included in my postings to her in this thread, did not count as sources and citations in backing up my words relative to her faith? *cough*

If you don't accept these as citations for one's faith, then you might as well not let theists come to this forum altogether in proving their side of the coin.

So, do you have an option of setting up a private thread as other forums have, in case Aliza wants to discuss her religion with me since I promised to be a good boy, and as long as she curbs her being a potty mouth?

We have the boxing ring. Feel free to challenge her.

So far I'm not impressed with you, but please continue. Laugh out load We ban assholes equally here, being an atheist doesn't excuse you.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-10-2016, 03:51 PM
(20-10-2016 03:40 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 03:24 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  What the fuck is wrong with being a "potty mouth"?

'RocketSurgeon76',

Uh, did I mention any terms to said discussion? No I did not. Try to read the posts fully next time to save yourself any further embarrassment, okay? Thank you.

All I stated was that I'll be a good boy, relative to this forums usual MO, but again, the rage in throwing out insults in the way of blistering epithets is new to me, but my MO of discussion is wrong. Classic. Laugh out load

"On your terms" means on the grounds you choose, in the manner you choose, not that you specified specific terms. You have exacerbated that approach by trying to emotionally badger Aliza into engaging. Essentially, you think you are owed something, when you are not.

When you walk into any established social setting, internet or otherwise, and proceed to abuse the people there, you can expect people to react to your aggression with hostility, contempt, and derision. Blaming them for that reaction in an attempt to justify your own fault is pathetic.

Since reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit, perhaps you should avoid trying to be sardonic, when attempting to excuse your aggression after being called on it. It just comes off as... sad.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-10-2016, 03:53 PM
(20-10-2016 03:37 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 03:30 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  ...the actual Tanakh writings from the Christian Old Testament...

Ah, so you don't understand anything at all about Judaism. Got it.

Grasshopper,

Okay, this is the time for you to step up to the plate for a change and prove my proposition wrong in that the Tanakh is NOT equal to the Christian Old Testament!

I will await your timely response in doing so, and don't forget, others are watching.

20-10-2016, 03:53 PM
(05-10-2016 10:56 PM)Firefighter01 Wrote:  "what's a spirit?"

[Image: Favorite-Vodka-Brands.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
20-10-2016, 04:02 PM
(20-10-2016 03:53 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 03:37 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Ah, so you don't understand anything at all about Judaism. Got it.

Grasshopper,
Okay, this is the time for you to step up to the plate for a change and prove my proposition wrong in that the Tanakh is NOT equal to the Christian Old Testament!

I will await your timely response in doing so, and don't forget, others are watching.

The Tanakh was written and compiled (by the Jews) long before there was any such thing as Christianity. Christians appropriated a poor translation of it (the Septuagint) for their Old Testament, and then further translated (and often mistranslated) it. The Tanakh is in no way "from" the Christian Old Testament, and any religious Jew would be offended by such a claim. It is about the same as saying Shakespeare's Hamlet is "from" Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead.
[+] 7 users Like Grasshopper's post
20-10-2016, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2016 04:09 PM by Chas.)
(20-10-2016 03:53 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 03:37 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Ah, so you don't understand anything at all about Judaism. Got it.

Grasshopper,

Why should he? Seriously. How about you demonstrate that? You are the one making the claim. Consider

Instead of shouting out your bullshit, you might instead ask a civil question.
However, I don't think you will learn to behave any better before you get banned - there just isn't time to re-educate you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post