What is the definition of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2016, 07:02 PM
RE: What is the definition of God?
(20-10-2016 06:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 06:15 PM)Chas Wrote:  And a theist! Strike three!!! Big Grin

Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he's unaware that Jews can be either theist or atheist. He's really uninformed about life outside Topeka, KS.

He's in a bar somewhere alone, nursing a gin and tonic with his laptop for company.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
20-10-2016, 07:03 PM
(20-10-2016 07:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 06:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he's unaware that Jews can be either theist or atheist. He's really uninformed about life outside Topeka, KS.

He's in a bar somewhere alone, nursing a gin and tonic with his laptop for company.

With his Anime body pillow by his side...
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
20-10-2016, 07:06 PM
(20-10-2016 06:45 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Blah blah blah blah My breath smells like pre-cum blah blah blah
That's a whole lot of whiny blah blah blahing when you could be spending your time dealing with those posts you have been running from you craven shit stain.

(20-10-2016 06:45 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  but would you show kindness to this lowly soul that is now in your exalted presence and answer a question for me?

[Image: 1bfaf759.gif]

(20-10-2016 06:45 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Since you seem to be the king of this forum
[Image: tumblr_mb0xqqpAck1rsykmco7_r1_250.gif]

(20-10-2016 06:45 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  and the go too person when their is conflict, would you oblige a poor minion like me in telling me if there is another theist within this forum that has the "balls or nips" to actually engage relative to their primitive religious belief?

Yes, I am use to the theist running away when actual biblical facts and historicity are shown, along with logic and reason why they have to follow their primitive doctrine, that for the most part they’ve never seen before because they’re spoon-fed this doctrine in an insidious way. But, I still look for that elusive theist that actually stays and engages regarding their primitive beliefs, even though their eventful downfall arrives because they cannot defend the indefensible in the end.
[Image: 7tuX6nZ.gif]

(20-10-2016 06:45 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  I am asking this of you because I need to use my biblical knowledge so it doesn’t get rusty
Haha ya.... be a real shame if you did something stupid like forget that Jesus and God are the same entity in Christianity. Oh wait.

(20-10-2016 06:45 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Please sir, I would be indebted to you if you can help in this manner.
I already own you bitch, how much more in debt do you think you can get passed being equal in worth to me as my lamp or chair?

(20-10-2016 06:45 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Wow, I can't believe you're talking to me in your posts, it gives me shudders to be acknowledged by you!
Talking at you is not the same as talking to you slave. Now begone from my sight least your poverty and stupidity infect your betters.
[Image: tumblr_inline_mnjbhaXdV91rzhtnq.gif]

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 4 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
20-10-2016, 07:07 PM
(20-10-2016 07:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 07:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  He's in a bar somewhere alone, nursing a gin and tonic with his laptop for company.

With his Anime body pillow by his side...

And at home his place is full of old newspapers he just can't bring himself to throw out.

His long lost cat, Cupcake, to this day lies dead under a pile of USA today. Weeping

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
20-10-2016, 07:19 PM
(20-10-2016 07:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 06:57 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Yeah, but I'm pretty sure he's unaware that Jews can be either theist or atheist. He's really uninformed about life outside Topeka, KS.

And his dominant hand for company when he gets home. Evil_monster
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
20-10-2016, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2016 07:23 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
I don't care if he's really an atheist or really a Christian pretending to be one (Edit to Add: because either way, he's just a dick). Like several of you, I suspect the latter.

Well, suspect may be the wrong word. I HOPE he's the latter.

This fits well with the personality characteristic that too many of them seem to Project onto us, the angry, "know it all", belligerent atheist who seeks to tear down religion wherever he finds it.

Hitchens was often unkind to people's cherished pet ideas, but he was never aggressively belligerent in this way. I often saw him state his opinions about the nature of religion, plainly, and only turned nasty when challenged by someone who felt he shouldn't be saying such things, and usually only when they got nasty with him first.

In other words, Hitch didn't spare a drop of honey to sweeten the bitter tea he served, but he didn't go out seeking people in order to pour it down anyone's throat for his own personal amusement.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
20-10-2016, 07:30 PM
(20-10-2016 07:19 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 07:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  He's in a bar somewhere alone, nursing a gin and tonic with his laptop for company.

And his dominant hand for company when he gets home. Evil_monster

And two minutes later...

[Image: trolling.jpeg]
[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
20-10-2016, 07:54 PM
(20-10-2016 06:45 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Yes, I am use to the theist running away when actual biblical facts and historicity are shown, along with logic and reason why they have to follow their primitive doctrine, that for the most part they’ve never seen before because they’re spoon-fed this doctrine in an insidious way. But, I still look for that elusive theist that actually stays and engages regarding their primitive beliefs, even though their eventful downfall arrives because they cannot defend the indefensible in the end.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load He thinks he's presented facts, historicity, logic and reason, WhiskeyDebates!

Funny!
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
20-10-2016, 07:58 PM
(20-10-2016 07:54 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 06:45 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Yes, I am use to the theist running away when actual biblical facts and historicity are shown, along with logic and reason why they have to follow their primitive doctrine, that for the most part they’ve never seen before because they’re spoon-fed this doctrine in an insidious way. But, I still look for that elusive theist that actually stays and engages regarding their primitive beliefs, even though their eventful downfall arrives because they cannot defend the indefensible in the end.

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load He thinks he's presented facts, historicity, logic and reason, WhiskeyDebates!

Funny!
I bet it thinks it's people too! The plebs get such silly ideas these days.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
20-10-2016, 08:42 PM
(20-10-2016 06:26 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  With that outta the way... How about an observation.

1.) Won't go after Christians, despite being directed to some on multiple occasions. Made shitty excuses as for why.
2.) Repeatedly complains about the use of foul language, especially by women.
3.) Refers to Judaism as "pagan", a Christian term.
4.) Is clearly delusional, and has an artificially inflated sense of self worth.
5.) Is demonstrably bigoted to Jews and women as well.
6.) Shows a consistent lack of basic empathy and wider social skills consistent with a person living in a fundamentalist Christian environment.
7.) Is glaringly incompetent in his knowledge of non-christian religions.
8.) Is also hilariously incompetent in his knowledge of Christianity.

Conclusion: This mothafuka ain't no atheist!

9.) Used the term "pseudo-Christian" from the word go. That really implies a True Christian.

He might be a god-hater. Still believes but hates God for bending him over the altar of life.

My money is still on atheist though. Anti-theist would be a more apt term, but you know these silly labels. He reads like a fundie because he's most likely a convert. Went straight from shrieking fundamentalist Christianity to shrieking fundamentalist atheism without pasue for breath. I've run into this type once or twice before. They're blessedly rare, but they do exist. Probably easier to find if you're foolish enough to visit 4chan's religion boards.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post