What is the definition of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2016, 08:49 PM
RE: What is the definition of God?
(20-10-2016 07:19 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 07:02 PM)Banjo Wrote:  He's in a bar somewhere alone, nursing a gin and tonic with his laptop for company.

And his dominant hand for company when he gets home. Evil_monster

His hand left him for another dick.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
20-10-2016, 09:56 PM
Burden of Proof

I'm sure you know what that is Iconoclast, but just in case, it's the very simple principle that whoever makes the claim gets to back up the claim. Here's a link from RationalWiki for the more formal definition, and a nice video from Qualia Soup for all the picky details.

Here's your claim. I've highlighted the important bit for you.

(15-10-2016 12:20 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  What is severely missing when the theist tries in vain to describe the qualities of their “personal” god concept, or define him or her, is the god’s actual name. In naming the god in question always helps to show that the theists thinking remains in the primitive Bronze and Iron Age as we enter the 21st century.

Kindly get on with upholding your burden of proof. Kindly try for evidence, maybe some citations and something that may once have been third cousin twice removed to a coherent argument.

Until you do it's all just

[Image: scarecrow-wizard-of-oz.jpg]

[Image: sockpromo09email.jpg]

And we're just going to

[Image: calvinlaughing.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
20-10-2016, 10:30 PM
Hello darkness my old friend...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Fuck, why do I miss all the good fights? Dodgy

Y'all motherfucker's need to be posting when you should be sleeping, like I do...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
20-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Someone should start a very visible thread where we post when fights are going down so we all can check and not miss. I've missed so many good ones!

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
20-10-2016, 10:50 PM
(20-10-2016 10:48 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Someone should start a very visible thread where we post when fights are going down so we all can check and not miss. I've missed so many good ones!

In my humble opinion WD I think you made up lost ground with this one. [Image: lmeFItM.gif?zoom=2]

Tongue

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
20-10-2016, 10:57 PM
(20-10-2016 04:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 03:53 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Grasshopper,

Okay, this is the time for you to step up to the plate for a change and prove my proposition wrong in that the Tanakh is NOT equal to the Christian Old Testament!

I will await your timely response in doing so, and don't forget, others are watching.

Why should he? Seriously. How about you demonstrate that? You are the one making the claim. Consider

Instead of shouting out your bullshit, you might instead ask a civil question.
However, I don't think you will learn to behave any better before you get banned - there just isn't time to re-educate you.

GRASSHOPPER,

Are you comfortable with others fighting your battles for you because you're a wussy? Laugh out load
20-10-2016, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2016 11:07 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
(20-10-2016 10:57 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  
(20-10-2016 04:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why should he? Seriously. How about you demonstrate that? You are the one making the claim. Consider

Instead of shouting out your bullshit, you might instead ask a civil question.
However, I don't think you will learn to behave any better before you get banned - there just isn't time to re-educate you.

GRASSHOPPER,

Are you comfortable with others fighting your battles for you because you're a wussy? Laugh out load
His at least are getting fought, you gonna hire someone to fight yours for you seeing as how you can't seem to do it yourself?

Seriously when you go to insult people do you just think of ways you're a cunt and just accuse other people of it instead?

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
20-10-2016, 11:26 PM
HEY ALIZA!

So, when are we going to get together and discuss your Jewish faith and how you personally spin doctor it to the way you want it to be? Remember, I'll acquiesce and be a good boy in our discussion!

I have to keep up on the latest "apologetics," and "hermeneutics" that the theists spews forth, okay?

Well?

20-10-2016, 11:37 PM
A question has been raised regarding your beliefs, 21CI. Kindly demonstrate that you are not a Christian by committing the Unforgivable Sin: Say something nasty about the Holy Spirit that likens its works to those of Satan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post