What is the definition of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2016, 08:04 PM
RE: What is the definition of God?
(15-10-2016 07:41 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 04:50 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Aliza,

Tsk, tsk, but out of respect for your god concept, it should matter! If you're Jewish, then your god is named "Yahweh," which is one of the many Bronze and Iron Age gods of lore, and of which later jettisoned the Jews by becoming the Christian god in their New Testament writings.

Have you ever thought about your god becoming the Christian god as shown above? Or do you just accept, as you biblically should in the Torah and subsequent writings, that the Christian belief is a ruse, and that of course you have the right belief in Judaism?

The snake oil is still sold and continues into the 21st century. Sad

The term you provided for my god is incorrect. That’s what gentiles say it is, but we Jews do not ever say that… and we’re actually capable of reading the book in its original language. We’re in a better position to say what it isn’t sounding out. There is no “w” sound in Hebrew, and nor is there a “j” sound.

Regarding the Jewish G-d being the same as the Christian god, Jesus, a careful reading of the text in its original language clearly and unambiguously disqualifies the Christian message as being a valid Jewish view. I know you don’t know me and you’re not familiar with my reputation here, but I believe that my reputation on this forum will show that I’m quite educated in my religion and the reasons behind Judaism’s rejection of the Christian theology. We can speak about that separately if you’re curious.

The point that I try to make on this forum is that the oil, be it snake oil or otherwise, isn’t really for sale at all. I’m not trying to convince anyone to adopt my position, but purely for the fact that I’m a theist, people sometimes assume that I’m also in the business of trying to convince them to become a theist as well. There’s a reason there are no door to door Jewish evangelists, or Jewish proselytization campaigns. This just isn’t a Jewish thing. I do not care what you believe. I’ll judge you for your actions, and I ask to be judged for my actions and not the things that I think in my head.
Indeed, many times you get judged by what other people think you think in your head. Weeping
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
15-10-2016, 08:26 PM
(15-10-2016 08:04 PM)skyking Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 07:41 PM)Aliza Wrote:  The term you provided for my god is incorrect. That’s what gentiles say it is, but we Jews do not ever say that… and we’re actually capable of reading the book in its original language. We’re in a better position to say what it isn’t sounding out. There is no “w” sound in Hebrew, and nor is there a “j” sound.

Regarding the Jewish G-d being the same as the Christian god, Jesus, a careful reading of the text in its original language clearly and unambiguously disqualifies the Christian message as being a valid Jewish view. I know you don’t know me and you’re not familiar with my reputation here, but I believe that my reputation on this forum will show that I’m quite educated in my religion and the reasons behind Judaism’s rejection of the Christian theology. We can speak about that separately if you’re curious.

The point that I try to make on this forum is that the oil, be it snake oil or otherwise, isn’t really for sale at all. I’m not trying to convince anyone to adopt my position, but purely for the fact that I’m a theist, people sometimes assume that I’m also in the business of trying to convince them to become a theist as well. There’s a reason there are no door to door Jewish evangelists, or Jewish proselytization campaigns. This just isn’t a Jewish thing. I do not care what you believe. I’ll judge you for your actions, and I ask to be judged for my actions and not the things that I think in my head.
Indeed, many times you get judged by what other people think you think in your head. Weeping

Yeah, but they're fucking stupid. Weeping
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
15-10-2016, 08:36 PM
theborg comes to mind, but there are others who project this shit onto you. I just sit back and glean little bits of wisdom. I have thanked you before but sometimes you need thanked again. I have learned much from you and others here, and I am grateful.
[+] 4 users Like skyking's post
15-10-2016, 08:51 PM
(15-10-2016 08:36 PM)skyking Wrote:  theborg comes to mind, but there are others who project this shit onto you. I just sit back and glean little bits of wisdom. I have thanked you before but sometimes you need thanked again. I have learned much from you and others here, and I am grateful.

Thanks for saying that, skyking! Hug It's my goal to inform without proselytizing, and it's really nice to hear confirmation that I'm hitting my mark.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
16-10-2016, 06:50 AM
(15-10-2016 08:26 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-10-2016 08:04 PM)skyking Wrote:  Indeed, many times you get judged by what other people think you think in your head. Weeping

Yeah, but they're fucking stupid. Weeping

.... so.... we get to judge them by what ISN'T in their heads? Wink
16-10-2016, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2016 10:20 AM by 21stCenturyIconoclast.)
16-10-2016, 03:18 PM
1. Atheist. Ain't my job.

2. Love is close enough. Supposedly Christians used to don the hair shirt. Personal experience (anecdotal evidence ain't really evidence, but I've been drinking Tongue ) through the hours of the fading light of 2008 with a toothache of such intensity I used to regularly punch myself in the face has taught me ( Laugh out load ) suffering is a useful tool for uncovering "truth." Scare quotes because no one need suffer to learn the truth; those of us who did tend to be more presumptuous...

What am I lying about? Oh, god... ain't my job.

I mentioned that, yeah?

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-10-2016, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2016 05:15 PM by 21stCenturyIconoclast.)
Skyking,

Why not have a pic of the original Cessna T50 or the Cessna 310 as your picture from the TV series "Sky King" of the early sixties?

http://www.skyking.com
16-10-2016, 05:14 PM
Aliza,

Relative to your post #39, and semantics aside, whether its Yahweh, YHWH, or your erroneous use of the title G-d, its the same entity within the Judeo-Christian bible and your Hebrew writings, okay? You are following one of the many Bronze and Iron Age barbaric and primitive god concepts, of which you chose the serial killer god named Yahweh over the others. Comical.

That being said, you are guilty of what you’re allegedly against by positing that I referred to Jesus as being god, when I didn’t. Therefore, we can only assume that you’re “fucking stupid as well” by you judging what you think was in my head as vouchsafed by you in Posts 41 and 42 within this thread. How embarrassing for you to step in the proverbial poo while trying to make a point.

YOUR QUOTE: “ I’ll judge you for your actions, and I ask to be judged for my actions and not the things that I think in my head.”

The fact that you’re a Jewish theist that follows your rendition of a primitive god concept, then what you think in your head is in fact part of your beliefs while on this forum. Therefore, I will judge you on that aspect of being a primitive Bronze Age thinker in the 21st century. You can thank me later.

To the point, it is hardly a great notion that you’re allegedly well educated in one of the many comical and primitive godly beliefs within the Bronze Age. It’s like saying, you’re well educated regarding pre-1934 German bird feeders. Get it? What is so sad is the fact that you obviously don’t have the sense to feel embarrassed about you worshipping and following one of the most horrific and serial killing gods known in mythical history!

As just one example towards women in your godly written Jewish writings, it is held in high esteem by one if men do not find company with a woman: “I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare.” (Ecclesiastes 7:26)
16-10-2016, 05:53 PM
(16-10-2016 05:04 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Skyking,

Why not have a pic of the original Cessna T50 or the Cessna 310 as your picture from the TV series "Sky King" of the early sixties?

http://www.skyking.com

Why have a dog sphincter as your icon? Oh wait, in this case it fits you nicely.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post