What is the definition of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2016, 06:03 PM
RE: What is the definition of God?
This might sound really fuckin' weird coming from me everyone but....

(16-10-2016 05:14 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Aliza,

Relative to your post #39, and semantics aside, whether its Yahweh, YHWH, or your erroneous use of the title G-d, its the same entity within the Judeo-Christian bible and your Hebrew writings, okay? You are following one of the many Bronze and Iron Age barbaric and primitive god concepts, of which you chose the serial killer god named Yahweh over the others. Comical.

That being said, you are guilty of what you’re allegedly against by positing that I referred to Jesus as being god, when I didn’t. Therefore, we can only assume that you’re “fucking stupid as well” by you judging what you think was in my head as vouchsafed by you in Posts 41 and 42 within this thread. How embarrassing for you to step in the proverbial poo while trying to make a point.

YOUR QUOTE: “ I’ll judge you for your actions, and I ask to be judged for my actions and not the things that I think in my head.”

The fact that you’re a Jewish theist that follows your rendition of a primitive god concept, then what you think in your head is in fact part of your beliefs while on this forum. Therefore, I will judge you on that aspect of being a primitive Bronze Age thinker in the 21st century. You can thank me later.

To the point, it is hardly a great notion that you’re allegedly well educated in one of the many comical and primitive godly beliefs within the Bronze Age. It’s like saying, you’re well educated regarding pre-1934 German bird feeders. Get it? What is so sad is the fact that you obviously don’t have the sense to feel embarrassed about you worshipping and following one of the most horrific and serial killing gods known in mythical history!

As just one example towards women in your godly written Jewish writings, it is held in high esteem by one if men do not find company with a woman: “I find more bitter than death the woman who is a snare, whose heart is a trap and whose hands are chains. The man who pleases God will escape her, but the sinner she will ensnare.” (Ecclesiastes 7:26)
....you need to tone your arrogance down a notch son.

While I don't agree with Aliza's beliefs she is still a valued member of this community, a member in good standing, and she's been incredibly polite with everyone even me and I'm at times little more than a pit pull chained to a keyboard.

Everyone has their areas where they can be a bit irrational. Everyone. Take yourself for example: you thought it was a good idea to join a close knit community and talk like a rude, condescending, stuncunt to one of that communities very highly regarded members which is a really stupid idea when you just joined that community.
Now if stuncunt is the first impression you WANT to make here ...well we can oblige you in your stuncunty ways. Or you can STOP being a stuncunt and carry on a civilized conversation because that "holier-than-thou" attitude, asides being ironic as fuck, won't really win ya many fans.

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 12 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
17-10-2016, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2016 12:03 PM by theBorg.)
(05-10-2016 10:56 PM)Firefighter01 Wrote:  Here's one to get theists thinking: define "God". As distinct from all other gods.
Watch them at first jump in with all the boring superlatives, then make some rules;

Don't describe its supposed qualities like "the creator of the universe", "love", "all powerful", "the light of my life" etc. Define what your god is, or what any god is for that matter. A spirit is not an answer either, that just leads to "what's a spirit?"

If you can't give a logical definition, it logically can't exist. Atheists are welcome to suggestions as well, with the same criteria.

Take all humans (who lives in 2016), let them run a distance. The fastest human runner has velocity less than the 100 km/hour. Then, a spirit has velocity 200 km/hour.

17-10-2016, 12:31 PM
quote='WhiskeyDebates'

While I don't agree with Aliza's beliefs she is still a valued member of this community, a member in good standing, and she's been incredibly polite with everyone even me and I'm at times little more than a pit pull chained to a keyboard.

Everyone has their areas where they can be a bit irrational. Everyone. Take yourself for example: you thought it was a good idea to join a close knit community and talk like a rude, condescending, stuncunt to one of that communities very highly regarded members which is a really stupid idea when you just joined that community.

Now if stuncunt is the first impression you WANT to make here ...well we can oblige you in your stuncunty ways. Or you can STOP being a stuncunt and carry on a civilized conversation because that "holier-than-thou" attitude, asides being ironic as fuck, won't really win ya many fans.
[/quote]

Mr. WhiskeyDebates,

I am sure Aliza is a valued member on this site, no question whatsoever. So, let me get this skewed thinking of yours in perspective, so Aliza is allegedly “polite” when she calls me and others “fucking stupid?” Is this her and the forum's example of being polite, and of which you can accept? Facetiously, do you like it when women are potty mouths, and in this instance, you can look the other way? Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E? Sure you can.

Call it whatever you like, but it is very hard for me to respect anyone that has swallowed one of the damaging Bronze and Iron Age primitive cults in the 21st century, and that are adamant in doing so, and the ramifications thereof. One reason for taking a no-holds-barred MO is because of what I’ve encountered in my life by losing family members and friends in following said beliefs to the extreme, let alone what these religious beliefs have done worldwide. Do the simple math.

Look up the term “Iconoclast,” which is my moniker that is apropos to my modus operandi, whereas I am here, until I may be banned, to show just how disgusting Christianity, Judaism, and Islam truly is on the personal and worldly scene, and if you don’t like my methods, then you don’t have to read my postings. Its as simple as that, get it?

Subjectively, its time the Atheist leaves the coddling of the religious behind, and presents an argument in a logical forceful way in why the followers of the aforementioned cults are fools and dangerous in believing as they do, irregardless of their status on any given forum.
17-10-2016, 12:39 PM
(17-10-2016 11:41 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Then, a spirit has velocity 200 km/hour.

When and where were the time trials done? How exactly do you measure the velocity of an imaginary thing?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
17-10-2016, 01:06 PM
(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Call it whatever you like, but it is very hard for me to respect anyone that has swallowed one of the damaging Bronze and Iron Age primitive cults in the 21st century, and that are adamant in doing so, and the ramifications thereof...

We're not respecting Aliza's beliefs -- We're respecting her. Do I have to come over there with My Clue-By-Four™? *glower*
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Astreja's post
17-10-2016, 01:14 PM
(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  quote='WhiskeyDebates'

There are many of us on here who are ex-something when it comes to religion, so I think we can understand your distaste of it. However, we do have a few cool theists here and we respect their desire to hold onto their beliefs. Additionally, since they are *their* beliefs, part of respect includes letting them call their deity whatever the fuck they want to.

I think it is possible to discuss various religious topics and debate each other without being disrespectful of another's belief. Therefore, I concur with WD--Tone it the fuck down Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 8 users Like jennybee's post
17-10-2016, 01:14 PM
(17-10-2016 12:39 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(17-10-2016 11:41 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Then, a spirit has velocity 200 km/hour.

When and where were the time trials done? How exactly do you measure the velocity of an imaginary thing?
Is it an unladen spirit, or does it have baggage?
If a train left New York at 300 miles per hour, and accelerated speed 15 miles per hour, and traveled a distance of 683 miles, tell me sir: what time would that train reach Chicago?!
Johnny Dangerously
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
17-10-2016, 01:22 PM
(08-10-2016 05:52 PM)Firefighter01 Wrote:  
(07-10-2016 04:45 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Re: OP--My definition would be:

Gods are the personal team mascot(s) for a culture's religious/cultural beliefs. They often have superhero-like qualities or qualities of animals that they like and admire. A god can provide warm and fuzzy feelings when dealing with the current unknown. Since we don't like the feeling of being out of control, a god provides a sense of control, albeit imaginary.
I wasn't after a job description, lol! Or what a god provides. What IS a god? Please don't say a spirit or a non-corporal being as they don't describe anything either.

Your original post said: "Define what your god is, or what any god is for that matter." I answered your question.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
17-10-2016, 01:32 PM
(15-10-2016 04:36 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Aliza,

Until Firefigihter01 responds to your non-answer by posing a question instead, you forgot to tell us which god concept you're referring too. To save time for Firefighter01, can you pick which god you follow from the list shown below so as to pinpoint the discussion?

Azura Mazda, Angus, Belenos, Brigid, Dana, Lugh, Dagda, Epona, Allah Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Artemis, Atehna, Demeter, Dionysus, Eris, Eos, Gaia, Hades, Hekate, Helios, Hephaestus, Hera, Hermes, Hestia, Pan, Poseidon, Selene, Uranus, Zeus, Mathilde, Elves, Eostre, Frigg, Ganesh, Hretha, Saxnot, Shef, Shiva Thuno, Tir, Vishnu, Weyland, Woden, Yahweh, Alfar, Balder, Beyla, Bil, Bragi, Byggvir, Dagr, Disir, Eir, Forseti, Freya, Freyr, Frigga, Heimdall, Hel, Hoenir, Idunn, Jord, Lofn, Loki, Mon, Njord, Norns, Nott, Odin, Ran, Saga, Sif, Siofn, Skadi, Snotra, Sol, Syn, Ull, Thor, Tyr, Var, Vali, Vidar, Vor, Herne, Holda, Nehalennia, Nerthus, Endovelicus, Ataegina, Runesocesius, Apollo, Bacchus, Ceres, Cupid, Diana, Janus, Juno, Jupiter, Maia, Mars, Mercury, Minerva, Neptune, Pluto, Plutus, Proserpina, Venus, Vesta, Vulcan, Attis, Cybele, El-Gabal, Isis, Mithras, Sol Invictus, Endovelicus, Anubis, Aten, Atum, Bast, Bes, Geb, Hapi, Hathor, Heget, Horus, Imhotep, Isis, Khepry, Khnum, Maahes, Ma’at, Menhit, Mont, Naunet, Neith, Nephthys, Nut, Osiris, Ptah, Ra, Sekhmnet, Sobek, Set, Tefnut, Thoth, An, Anshar, Anu, Apsu, Ashur, Damkina, Ea, Enki, Enlil, Ereshkigal, Nunurta, Hadad, Inanna, Ishtar, Kingu, Kishar, Marduk, Mummu, Nabu, Nammu, Nanna, Nergal, Ninhursag, Ninlil, Nintu, Shamash, Sin, Tiamat, Utu, Mitra, Amaterasu, Susanoo, Tsukiyomi, Inari, Tengu, Izanami, Izanagi, Daikoku, Ebisu, Benzaiten, Bishamonten, Fukurokuju, Jurojin, Hotei, Quetzalcoatl, Tlaloc, Inti, Kon, Mama Cocha, Mama Quilla, Manco Capac, Pachacamac and Zaramama

Since Aliza is our friend, most people on here know which god she is referring to. You're just new to the party Wink

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
17-10-2016, 03:49 PM
Astreja quote:
We're not respecting Aliza's beliefs -- We're respecting her. Do I have to come over there with My Clue-By-Four™? *glower*

Astreja

Aliza and “her” primitive belief make her, for the most part, what she is, and that is an individual still living in the primitive Bronze Age of thinking, period. Therefore, the strong Atheists like myself cannot in any way respect “her” because she accepts the disgusting writings of her horrific serial killing god named Yahweh.

In the same vein, do you respect the serial killers Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacy, Jeffrey Dahmer, et al? 2+2=4.

In addition, you do not use a "Clue-By-Four" against a logical and rational Louisville Slugger baseball bat.