What is the definition of God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2016, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2016 04:12 PM by 21stCenturyIconoclast.)
RE: What is the definition of God?
'jennybee' quote:

There are many of us on here who are ex-something when it comes to religion, so I think we can understand your distaste of it. However, we do have a few cool theists here and we respect their desire to hold onto their beliefs. Additionally, since they are *their* beliefs, part of respect includes letting them call their deity whatever the fuck they want to.

I think it is possible to discuss various religious topics and debate each other without being disrespectful of another's belief. Therefore, I concur with WD--Tone it the fuck down Wink
[/quote]

Jennybee,

You respect their desire to let them hold on to their beliefs, but at what costs? The costs are total and complete ignorance and is harmful to societies as we enter the 21st century. Certain Atheists like myself concur that they're to be held responsible for their said beliefs, even if it makes them fools in the aftermath.

No more "hand-holding" and placating to them, and if one is going to still live in the Bronze and Iron Age, then they're going to have to support their religion, and if they can't and remain intelligent looking in the aftermath, then they need to rethink their primitive position that is dangerous to many.

If she is going to follow the writings of her said god, then she at least owes this pagan god by calling it by the name given to him by the Hebrews in their mythical past relative to his alleged existence, which is "Yahweh." By her using the erroneous term of "G-d," which is a "title" only, she can be referring to the many Bronze and Iron Age gods of the biblical era.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-10-2016, 04:13 PM
(06-10-2016 08:59 AM)theophilus Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 10:56 PM)Firefighter01 Wrote:  If you can't give a logical definition, it logically can't exist.

How does inability to explain something logically prove it doesn't exist?

It doesn't.

If I claimed that a rock was glomeroporphyritic, but was unable to produce a coherent definition for "glomeroporphyritic" then you would correctly dismiss me as babbling incoherently.

Following that same analogy, you can't define what a rock is.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
17-10-2016, 04:23 PM
(17-10-2016 03:59 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  You respect their desire to let them hold on to their beliefs, but at what costs?

You would fight them all, but at what cost?

Priorities:
- Theists who want to destroy the world
- Theists who want to kill you
- Theists who want to imprison/enslave you.
- Theists who want to make your nation into a theocrasy
- Theists who want to tell you what, when, where and how to think
- Theists who are shrill, annoying and spread hatred
- Theists who leave you and everybody else the fuck alone and mind their own business.
- Theists who are good people and interesting to talk to.

Pick your battles wisely.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 7 users Like Paleophyte's post
17-10-2016, 04:43 PM
(17-10-2016 12:39 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(17-10-2016 11:41 AM)theBorg Wrote:  Then, a spirit has velocity 200 km/hour.

When and where were the time trials done? How exactly do you measure the velocity of an imaginary thing?

So, you are saying again, what the spirits do not exist and, so, they can not influence the physical detectors (even if they would want).

You are free in your imagination, but the definition of the spirits you do have! You do have, "buddy"!
17-10-2016, 04:50 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2016 05:07 PM by jennybee.)
(17-10-2016 03:59 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  'jennybee' quote:

If you just hit reply you don't have to cut and paste. It will take most of the previous post with it. If you want to highlight a particular piece of the post someone wrote you can still edit it down in the actual post. Frankly, we got rid of the cut and paste thing around here in the Bronze Age Wink

I do respect someone's desire to believe as they wish *as long as* their beliefs don't infringe on the rights of others, stand in the way of science, or cause them to harm anyone or anything. If someone chooses to believe that a green fairy lives on the moon and they aren't doing any of the things I mentioned previously--then I say go for it.

Part of what I love about atheism (after being mind controlled by Christianity for so long) is that I get to live the way that *I* want. Living the way I want includes free thought (something my past religion tried to take from me). The last thing I want to do to another person is tell them what they should believe if none of what they are doing is impacting me in any way and their belief set is making them happy. My telling another person how to act, think, feel, believe is exactly what the church has been doing for years and years.

Aliza's beliefs are *her beliefs.* She never says to anyone, "Hey, do you have a minute to talk about my god?" She uses reason and she sciences. That's why no one gives two fucks about what she believes in.

I am still not getting why you have a problem with Aliza's use of G-d. I think it is fairly common knowledge that when someone types out G-d, they are referring to the Jewish version of god.
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
17-10-2016, 05:26 PM
(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  I am sure Aliza is a valued member on this site, no question whatsoever. So, let me get this skewed thinking of yours in perspective, so Aliza is allegedly “polite” when she calls me and others “fucking stupid?” Is this her and the forum's example of being polite, and of which you can accept? Facetiously, do you like it when women are potty mouths, and in this instance, you can look the other way? Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E? Sure you can.

Call it whatever you like, but it is very hard for me to respect anyone that has swallowed one of the damaging Bronze and Iron Age primitive cults in the 21st century, and that are adamant in doing so, and the ramifications thereof. One reason for taking a no-holds-barred MO is because of what I’ve encountered in my life by losing family members and friends in following said beliefs to the extreme, let alone what these religious beliefs have done worldwide. Do the simple math.

Look up the term “Iconoclast,” which is my moniker that is apropos to my modus operandi, whereas I am here, until I may be banned, to show just how disgusting Christianity, Judaism, and Islam truly is on the personal and worldly scene, and if you don’t like my methods, then you don’t have to read my postings. Its as simple as that, get it?

Subjectively, its time the Atheist leaves the coddling of the religious behind, and presents an argument in a logical forceful way in why the followers of the aforementioned cults are fools and dangerous in believing as they do, irregardless of their status on any given forum.

(1) If you're just going to keep picking fights until Moms drops the banhammer on you then please have the decency to simply say so and get it over with. It'll save everybody time and effort.

(2) People are complicated, multi-facetted entities that cannot be adequately defined or described by a single characteristic. Reducing a person's worth to whether or not they believe is the sort of abberant thinking we have come to expect from religious zealots.

(3) I don't believe what Aliza does but then she doesn't expect me to. She's friendly, courteous and enjoys sniping Evangelicals as much as the rest of us. By contrast, you have thus far proven to be rude, obnoxious and patronizing, just to name a few of your more charming traits. Worse, you expect me to believe as you do. I find that offensive.

(4) Who are you really trying to convince? In 10 posts you've managed to pick fights with one of the more respected theists on an atheist board and three of the resident atheists. Your heavy-handed tactics aren't even pretending to convince anybody else that your position has merit. This behavior is also typical of zealots. They are their own audience because they are trying to compensate for their own raging insecurities.

(5) Thank you for the lovely demonstration. I was mentioning to Aliza a few weeks back that the worst she'd likely have to deal with in terms of atheists would be a rabid anti-theist. We don't keep them in stock so your arrival is timely. Happily, your ilk is largely restricted to the internet on account of lack of spine.

But hey, don't mind me. Carry on as you were. You're about to get your ass handed to you. Popcorn

---
[+] 8 users Like Paleophyte's post
17-10-2016, 05:55 PM
Given the way you capitalize the "A" in "Atheist" it's pretty obvious who your god is.

(15-10-2016 04:36 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Azura Mazda, Angus, Belenos, Brigid, Dana, Lugh, Dagda, Epona, Allah Aphrodite, Apollo, Ares, Artemis, Atehna, Demeter, Dionysus, Eris, Eos, Gaia, Hades, Hekate, Helios, Hephaestus, Hera, Hermes, Hestia, Pan, Poseidon, Selene, Uranus, Zeus, Mathilde, Elves, Eostre, Frigg, Ganesh, Hretha, Saxnot, Shef, Shiva Thuno, Tir, Vishnu, Weyland, Woden, Yahweh, Alfar, Balder, Beyla, Bil, Bragi, Byggvir, Dagr, Disir, Eir, Forseti, Freya, Freyr, Frigga, Heimdall, Hel, Hoenir, Idunn, Jord, Lofn, Loki, Mon, Njord, Norns, Nott, Odin, Ran, Saga, Sif, Siofn, Skadi, Snotra, Sol, Syn, Ull, Thor, Tyr, Var, Vali, Vidar, Vor, Herne, Holda, Nehalennia, Nerthus, Endovelicus, Ataegina, Runesocesius, Apollo, Bacchus, Ceres, Cupid, Diana, Janus, Juno, Jupiter, Maia, Mars, Mercury, Minerva, Neptune, Pluto, Plutus, Proserpina, Venus, Vesta, Vulcan, Attis, Cybele, El-Gabal, Isis, Mithras, Sol Invictus, Endovelicus, Anubis, Aten, Atum, Bast, Bes, Geb, Hapi, Hathor, Heget, Horus, Imhotep, Isis, Khepry, Khnum, Maahes, Ma’at, Menhit, Mont, Naunet, Neith, Nephthys, Nut, Osiris, Ptah, Ra, Sekhmnet, Sobek, Set, Tefnut, Thoth, An, Anshar, Anu, Apsu, Ashur, Damkina, Ea, Enki, Enlil, Ereshkigal, Nunurta, Hadad, Inanna, Ishtar, Kingu, Kishar, Marduk, Mummu, Nabu, Nammu, Nanna, Nergal, Ninhursag, Ninlil, Nintu, Shamash, Sin, Tiamat, Utu, Mitra, Amaterasu, Susanoo, Tsukiyomi, Inari, Tengu, Izanami, Izanagi, Daikoku, Ebisu, Benzaiten, Bishamonten, Fukurokuju, Jurojin, Hotei, Quetzalcoatl, Tlaloc, Inti, Kon, Mama Cocha, Mama Quilla, Manco Capac, Pachacamac and Zaramama

Your List Neglects Pele!

Burn in Molten Rock Blasphemer!

[Image: e099b3b1d38ca2635842bc7bcf1dace3.jpg]

---
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
17-10-2016, 06:05 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2016 06:11 PM by WhiskeyDebates.)
So stuncunt it is, fine let's dance bitch.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  So, let me get this skewed thinking of yours in perspective, so Aliza is allegedly “polite” when she calls me and others “fucking stupid?” Is this her and the forum's example of being polite, and of which you can accept?
So after going over the thread again the only people Aliza called "fucking stupid" were, in post #42, people who like to think they know what other people think and then judge them based on that collection of assumptions. If you are one of those people than congratulations you ARE fucking stupid. If you are not one of those people then she didn't call you fucking stupid at all and you just have shit reading comprehension.
So which is it, is she right and you are fucking stupid or are you just incompetent?

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Facetiously, do you like it when women are potty mouths, and in this instance, you can look the other way?
Her gender has fuck all to do with my criticism of your shitty attitude. I didn't call you out cause shes some poor female and I need to jump to her defense. I called you out because your a fucking cunt and I figured that you, as a fellow atheist, might have a more enjoyable and productive time here if I could walk you back from being a fucking cunt. You're to busy fighting straw dragons to care though so here we are.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E? Sure you can.
Oh..... I sure can kiddo and I'll get the opportunity to type it out a couple more times before this post is done. As for your assertion that I'm being hypocritical....not gonna pass mustard with me boy. Mostly because she didn't actually call you "fucking stupid" unless, as I said above, you are the kind of person stupid enough to think it's reasonable to judge people not for the content of their character but for what you think they think. In fact your VERY first sentence to Aliza involved you begin a passive-aggressive asshole so I would have still considered her polite and even justified if she had told you to fuck right off there and then.
She asked the OP a question (which by the way she is entirely allowed to do) and you asked like a stuncunt, she then answered your question honestly and you acted like a stuncunt again to which she responded with a very well written and polite reply to which you.....acted like a motherfucking stuncunt.
You are the only person in that conversation acting like a cunt so me taking you to task for your shitty belligerent and unprovoked attitude is not hypocritical in the slightest. You know what is though? Joining a forum and IMMEDIATELY acting like a belligerent asshole then turning around and complaining about someones language based on a replay that was neither to you or even about you.

Even if it was directed at you you don't get to stick your fucking dick in a beehive and then complain about the result you smacktard.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Call it whatever you like, but it is very hard for me to respect anyone that has swallowed one of the damaging Bronze and Iron Age primitive cults in the 21st century, and that are adamant in doing so, and the ramifications thereof.
Then fuck off. Seriously get the fuck out. If you don't have the maturity and commonsense necessary to tell the difference between people and ideas than you don't belong here. People are deserving of respect until they show otherwise with their actions, like you have done.
You can ask Aliza if I respect her belief in god. I do not. She knows this. She also knows I respect the hell outta her because she is a damn good person. Because in the real world people can hold bad ideas and still be a good person deserving of respect. You want something black and white go play fuckin' checkers.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  One reason for taking a no-holds-barred MO is because of what I’ve encountered in my life by losing family members and friends in following said beliefs to the extreme, let alone what these religious beliefs have done worldwide.
So the fuck what? Did Aliza take your friends and family? No? Then grow up and show some fuckin' respect you bloody child. Just 'cause you got issues with religion does not give you the right to act like a belligerent fucking cunt to every religious person you meet or talk to. Your baggage ain't a license or justification to be a dick just cause you feel like it.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Do the simple math.
K, it's just simple addition.
You+bad experiences with religion= You get to act like an asshole to anyone who doesn't believe what you want them to....
Weird it doesn't add up, it's almost like you're just a bigoted asshole.Drinking Beverage

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Look up the term “Iconoclast,” which is my moniker that is apropos to my modus operandi, whereas I am here, until I may be banned, to show just how disgusting Christianity, Judaism, and Islam truly is on the personal and worldly scene,
First off you got nothing to show me at all that I ain't already seen. I'm one of the, if not the, most rabidly aggressive atheists on this forum. I however have the common decency and the fuckin' brains to be able to tell the difference between people and ideas. You can attack beliefs all you want, you can ridicule ideas till you are blue in the face but that's not why I called you out. Which brings me to my second point...
You might wanna look up iconoclast your own damn self. An iconoclast is a person who attacks beliefs. It's not a goddamn excuse to act like a belligerent asshole and attack people. That, THAT, just makes you an angry bigoted cunt.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  and if you don’t like my methods, then you don’t have to read my postings. Its as simple as that, get it?
And if you don't like Aliza's beliefs you don't have to read her posts you h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-i-c-a-l douche. You don't get to be the only one allowed to criticize other people. If you continue to act like a sandpaper buttplug I'm gonna keep treating you like one. Pull your head outta your ass kid and learn to play with the grown ups or you will find yourself sitting at this forums kiddy table soon enough.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Subjectively, its time the Atheist leaves the coddling of the religious behind
Ugh, you're one of those idiots. No one here is "coddling" anyone. Feel free to read as much of my post history as you like, I've had it out more than once with Aliza over her belief. Just because we are not all shouting at her and acting like a passive-aggressive piece of shit like you doesn't mean we are coddling her. It just means we are fucking adults who can carry on a conversation without being unprovoked belligerent cunts to every person who doesn't believe the way we do.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  and presents an argument in a logical forceful way
And grown ups can do this without being cunts about it. If you can't...find the fuckin' door and leave it to the grown ups who can.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  in why the followers of the aforementioned cults are fools and dangerous in believing as they do, irregardless of their status on any given forum.
That's a fancy bit of foot work you got there, going from bitching about someone calling you stupid (when they didn't even) to calling them fools outright and without provocation.
*cough* H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E *cough*

What the actual fuck is wrong with you I shouldn't have to tell anyone this who is over the age of 12.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 7 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
17-10-2016, 06:09 PM
(17-10-2016 05:26 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Happily, your ilk is largely restricted to the internet on account of lack of spine.
[Image: Steve-Spurrier-Burn.gif]

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
17-10-2016, 06:38 PM
(17-10-2016 06:05 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  So stuncunt it is, fine let's dance bitch.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  So, let me get this skewed thinking of yours in perspective, so Aliza is allegedly “polite” when she calls me and others “fucking stupid?” Is this her and the forum's example of being polite, and of which you can accept?
So after going over the thread again the only people Aliza called "fucking stupid" were, in post #42, people who like to think they know what other people think and then judge them based on that collection of assumptions. If you are one of those people than congratulations you ARE fucking stupid. If you are not one of those people then she didn't call you fucking stupid at all and you just have shit reading comprehension.
So which is it, is she right and you are fucking stupid or are you just incompetent?

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Facetiously, do you like it when women are potty mouths, and in this instance, you can look the other way?
Her gender has fuck all to do with my criticism of your shitty attitude. I didn't call you out cause shes some poor female and I need to jump to her defense. I called you out because your a fucking cunt and I figured that you, as a fellow atheist, might have a more enjoyable and productive time here if I could walk you back from being a fucking cunt. You're to busy fighting straw dragons to care though so here we are.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E? Sure you can.
Oh..... I sure can kiddo and I'll get the opportunity to type it out a couple more times before this post is done. As for your assertion that I'm being hypocritical....not gonna pass mustard with me boy. Mostly because she didn't actually call you "fucking stupid" unless, as I said above, you are the kind of person stupid enough to think it's reasonable to judge people not for the content of their character but for what you think they think. In fact your VERY first sentence to Aliza involved you begin a passive-aggressive asshole so I would have still considered her polite and even justified if she had told you to fuck right off there and then.
She asked the OP a question (which by the way she is entirely allowed to do) and you asked like a stuncunt, she then answered your question honestly and you acted like a stuncunt again to which she responded with a very well written and polite reply to which you.....acted like a motherfucking stuncunt.
You are the only person in that conversation acting like a cunt so me taking you to task for your shitty belligerent and unprovoked attitude is not hypocritical in the slightest. You know what is though? Joining a forum and IMMEDIATELY acting like a belligerent asshole then turning around and complaining about someones language based on a replay that was neither to you or even about you.

Even if it was directed at you you don't get to stick your fucking dick in a beehive and then complain about the result you smacktard.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Call it whatever you like, but it is very hard for me to respect anyone that has swallowed one of the damaging Bronze and Iron Age primitive cults in the 21st century, and that are adamant in doing so, and the ramifications thereof.
Then fuck off. Seriously get the fuck out. If you don't have the maturity and commonsense necessary to tell the difference between people and ideas than you don't belong here. People are deserving of respect until they show otherwise with their actions, like you have done.
You can ask Aliza if I respect her belief in god. I do not. She knows this. She also knows I respect the hell outta her because she is a damn good person. Because in the real world people can hold bad ideas and still be a good person deserving of respect. You want something black and white go play fuckin' checkers.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  One reason for taking a no-holds-barred MO is because of what I’ve encountered in my life by losing family members and friends in following said beliefs to the extreme, let alone what these religious beliefs have done worldwide.
So the fuck what? Did Aliza take your friends and family? No? Then grow up and show some fuckin' respect you bloody child. Just 'cause you got issues with religion does not give you the right to act like a belligerent fucking cunt to every religious person you meet or talk to. Your baggage ain't a license or justification to be a dick just cause you feel like it.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Do the simple math.
K, it's just simple addition.
You+bad experiences with religion= You get to act like an asshole to anyone who doesn't believe what you want them to....
Weird it doesn't add up, it's almost like you're just a bigoted asshole.Drinking Beverage

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Look up the term “Iconoclast,” which is my moniker that is apropos to my modus operandi, whereas I am here, until I may be banned, to show just how disgusting Christianity, Judaism, and Islam truly is on the personal and worldly scene,
First off you got nothing to show me at all that I ain't already seen. I'm one of the, if not the, most rabidly aggressive atheists on this forum. I however have the common decency and the fuckin' brains to be able to tell the difference between people and ideas. You can attack beliefs all you want, you can ridicule ideas till you are blue in the face but that's not why I called you out. Which brings me to my second point...
You might wanna look up iconoclast your own damn self. An iconoclast is a person who attacks beliefs. It's not a goddamn excuse to act like a belligerent asshole and attack people. That, THAT, just makes you an angry bigoted cunt.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  and if you don’t like my methods, then you don’t have to read my postings. Its as simple as that, get it?
And if you don't like Aliza's beliefs you don't have to read her posts you h-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-i-c-a-l douche. You don't get to be the only one allowed to criticize other people. If you continue to act like a sandpaper buttplug I'm gonna keep treating you like one. Pull your head outta your ass kid and learn to play with the grown ups or you will find yourself sitting at this forums kiddy table soon enough.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  Subjectively, its time the Atheist leaves the coddling of the religious behind
Ugh, you're one of those idiots. No one here is "coddling" anyone. Feel free to read as much of my post history as you like, I've had it out more than once with Aliza over her belief. Just because we are not all shouting at her and acting like a passive-aggressive piece of shit like you doesn't mean we are coddling her. It just means we are fucking adults who can carry on a conversation without being unprovoked belligerent cunts to every person who doesn't believe the way we do.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  and presents an argument in a logical forceful way
And grown ups can do this without being cunts about it. If you can't...find the fuckin' door and leave it to the grown ups who can.

(17-10-2016 12:31 PM)21stCenturyIconoclast Wrote:  in why the followers of the aforementioned cults are fools and dangerous in believing as they do, irregardless of their status on any given forum.
That's a fancy bit of foot work you got there, going from bitching about someone calling you stupid (when they didn't even) to calling them fools outright and without provocation.
*cough* H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-T-E *cough*

What the actual fuck is wrong with you I shouldn't have to tell anyone this who is over the age of 12.

[Image: Orangutans-Laughing-014.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like Dark Wanderer's post