What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2017, 10:17 AM
What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
I know Oaktree's answer to this: It was the time he got bitchslapped by a fat stripper Laughat It still makes me Laugh out load *tears*

The dumbest way I got injured was when I burned the shit out of my hand opening one of those steam fresh microwaveable veggies bags. I didn't wait the suggested two minutes Dodgy

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
25-10-2017, 10:22 AM
RE: What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
Laugh out load that is one of many dumb ways I have been injured, but is possibly the most recent Big Grin

I also ran to answer my house phone once as a kid, slipped and kicked the door frame when falling over....I broke a few of my toes lol. I still had to go to school and only found out when my toes had gone black lol.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
25-10-2017, 10:42 AM
I jumped my mountain bike off of about a seven foot drop off trying to impress my son and his friend. I think my mind overloaded my body and made me think I could actually land it. Wound up breaking my right collar bone. REALLY STUPID DECISION!!! To make matters worse, we were only about two weeks away from having our second child.

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
[+] 2 users Like reeveseb's post
25-10-2017, 10:44 AM
Oh there have been so many.

When I was a kid we had the great idea of towing a bicycle behind a dirt bike.
Of course handling on the bike goes to shit when there is a rope pulling it and you end up going way too fast on dirt.
But the biggest fall came when the motorcycle went over a very steep hillside and the rope went slack followed by going tight very quick.
I really believe that I was a good 25 or 30 feet off the ground doing flips. Very banged up and broke my ankle.
Didn't tell my parents about it and just rode it out. Found out later as an adult that it had been broken.

But the thing that takes the cake is that I had a friend who ... well it's complicated.
Playing an electric shuffleboard game in a bar and we were loaded.
I was saying "throw down some of the corn meal on the board" which is typically what they keep there.
It makes the puck slide down the wooden lane nice and slick.
But it wasn't corn meal. It was called shuffleboard wax but it looked like corn meal. (who knew there was such a thing)
My buddy at some point puts a big pile of "corn meal" in his hand and shoves it into his mouth just for a goof.
Immediately starts gagging and he passes out and hits his head on the floor.
Took him to the hospital for stitches.
I couldn't explain what happened to him.
I tried. I had to repeat it over and over.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
25-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Stuck my hand out to catch a line drive (I was a pitcher).

The hand without the glove Hobo

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
25-10-2017, 12:18 PM
(25-10-2017 10:48 AM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Stuck my hand out to catch a line drive (I was a pitcher).

The hand without the glove Hobo

Far out.
I did the same.
It ripped open the meat in between my pinkie and third finger.
That's a tough place to have stitches.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes BikerDude's post
25-10-2017, 12:47 PM
I once broke my pinky toe while in the process of sitting down at my dining room table.

Also I sprained my ankle as a kid jumping down the stairs. Basically I wanted to see how many steps I could jump without hurting myself. Found out that my limit was five.

Maybe the stupidest was about a month ago, when I managed to tear a chunk of skin off of my right thumb in the process of opening a bottle of wine.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
25-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Ouch. No ripped meat here. lol I did break a bone in my wrist/lower hand. It healed well as I have no issues from it.

My pinky toe that I broke while playing with my dog (20 years ago) still aches from time to time.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
25-10-2017, 01:20 PM
I suffered serious bruising/crushing of my lower leg when I stepped on a jacob's bench to kill a wasp.

As I was reaching to kill the wasp, the cover of the hardwood bench slipped, tipping the bench.
I landed on the 1-inch edge of the hardwood bench with all my weight, crushing my lower shin. (I still get nauseous just thinking about it)

I was sure I had broken my leg and I passed out, but surprisingly, I barely broke the skin and didn't break my leg.
But, the bruising/crushing was bad enough to result in infection.
I had to keep my leg elevated for several weeks, and after many courses of different antibiotics, it finally cleared up but the area is still discoloured and numb to this day, nearly 5 years later.

Now I only used "approved climbing devices".

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
25-10-2017, 01:36 PM
I once sat down on a bike that had no seat. Eight stitches on my inner thigh. Just missed my meat and two veggies.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like WillHopp's post