What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2017, 02:56 PM
RE: What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
I tied the starting handle on my petrol lawn mower so it was permanently running,
this was to save time by not having to restart it when emptying the grass box.

I then decided to put my hand in the back to clear a clump of grass, the blade chopped through my nail on my middle finger and I ended up in A&E.

The nail has now regrown but has a thick line on it to remind me of my stupidity.
Hobo

Get your own bleeding hymn book
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Thedemonbarber's post
25-10-2017, 03:33 PM
All I have to say is Ouch! to a lot of these. *hugs* Glad u r all okay!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
25-10-2017, 06:31 PM
I had hiccups once and held my breath. Stupidly, I was standing up and passed out, fell forward and smashed my forehead onto concrete. Woke up in the hospital three days later.
According to the doctors I'd lost my memory and wandered around, lost it again a few times in the hospital like that movie memento.
Blush Not my most brilliant moment.
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
25-10-2017, 06:39 PM
About ten or so years ago, my wife was on her way out to the car, I wanted to tell her something, so I ran to the open sliding door. When I tried to stop, I slipped and my left foot slide up underneath the metal covers of the base board heater that looked like this:

[Image: radiator-why-hot-water-baseboard-heater-...374260.jpg]

Two fins cut deep into my big toe like knives, but then my toe was stuck on the fins, and when I jerked the foot back instinctively, my toe nail tore off. Took about 3 weeks to heal, and the toenail that grew back was really thick almost uncut-table with normal clippers.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
25-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Bending down to unplug something I hit my head on a window sill.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
25-10-2017, 07:05 PM
Ever kick yourself in the balls? I have. Facepalm

When I was really young, I remember me and my brothers jumping up and down on my mom&dad's bed, while they were out. I landed on my back, and my leg bent inward so that the ball of my foot smacked my balls. Laugh out load

My younger brother asked me if I broke something, and I'z like "I dun kick mysef in muh nuts! Sadcryface2". My older brother thought it was the funniest thing ever. Dodgy

I've never even sat on a trampoline! No

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
25-10-2017, 07:07 PM
(25-10-2017 06:39 PM)unsapien Wrote:  About ten or so years ago, my wife was on her way out to the car, I wanted to tell her something, so I ran to the open sliding door. When I tried to stop, I slipped and my left foot slide up underneath the metal covers of the base board heater that looked like this:

Two fins cut deep into my big toe like knives, but then my toe was stuck on the fins, and when I jerked the foot back instinctively, my toe nail tore off. Took about 3 weeks to heal, and the toenail that grew back was really thick almost uncut-table with normal clippers.

I think you won the Internet Wink Glad u r okay.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
25-10-2017, 07:10 PM
(25-10-2017 07:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-10-2017 06:39 PM)unsapien Wrote:  About ten or so years ago, my wife was on her way out to the car, I wanted to tell her something, so I ran to the open sliding door. When I tried to stop, I slipped and my left foot slide up underneath the metal covers of the base board heater that looked like this:

I think you won the Internet Wink

I dunno. WillHopp's is strong competition:

Quote:I once sat down on a bike that had no seat. Eight stitches on my inner thigh. Just missed my meat and two veggies.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
25-10-2017, 07:31 PM
(25-10-2017 07:10 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(25-10-2017 07:07 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I think you won the Internet Wink

I dunno. WillHopp's is strong competition:

Quote:I once sat down on a bike that had no seat. Eight stitches on my inner thigh. Just missed my meat and two veggies.

Very true Thumbsup

25-10-2017, 07:35 PM
many fine examples Smile
Junior high gym class, I am untying a shoe and opening my locker with the other hand. some kid is being chased, runs between the bench and the lockers, and hits my arm with the index finger in the loop of the handle. Lovely dislocation with torn flesh, index finger is now MUCH too close to thumb.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post