What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2017, 08:56 AM
RE: What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
A guy hit me in the back of the head with a boot. If we had spoilers I'd tell the rest of the story.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
26-10-2017, 09:09 AM
(26-10-2017 08:56 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  A guy hit me in the back of the head with a boot. If we had spoilers I'd tell the rest of the story.

But we do have spoilers.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
26-10-2017, 09:37 AM
(26-10-2017 09:09 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-10-2017 08:56 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  A guy hit me in the back of the head with a boot. If we had spoilers I'd tell the rest of the story.

But we do have spoilers.

Didn't see them.

The guy's leg was still in the boot. (Yeah, he was a little crazy at the time and I was stupid to turn my back on him.)
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
26-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Hmm...I was about 9 years old, out camping. We were fishing at a lake when I caught a massive snapping turtle. My brother ran to get an adult to help remove the hook.

I got bored waiting and decided to remove it myself.

I'm lucky I still have my thumb.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
26-10-2017, 08:22 PM
What is the dumbest way you’ve been injured?
I'd like to tell the story of the dumbest way I injured my brother. We were training in martial arts, and one day we were the only adults in the class other than the instructor.

It was a sparring class. Typically if there are only two or three adults, they'd spar each other. Couple that with being brothers. We hit harder, because, well, that's most brothers.

Side note: instructor always tells students (especially kids) to never spar outside of class.

Back to sparring. Spar, spar, spar. I kick, he blocks... Uh oh. Loud snap. I break two bones in his hand. Teacher asks, "Um, Jigsaw, was that sound what I think it was?"

"Yeah. I'm going to ER."

Shit.

Upside, I can honestly say I've broken wood, cement, and bones without weapons.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
26-10-2017, 08:26 PM
(26-10-2017 08:22 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Back to sparring. Spar, spar, spar. I kick, he blocks... Uh oh. Loud snap. I break two bones in his hand. Teacher asks, "Um, Jigsaw, was that sound what I think it

Penalty. This thread is not "Coolest way you got back at your brother for all the shit he pulled on you over the years." (sorry, I'm projecting)

26-10-2017, 08:47 PM
(25-10-2017 06:39 PM)unsapien Wrote:  About ten or so years ago, my wife was on her way out to the car, I wanted to tell her something, so I ran to the open sliding door. When I tried to stop, I slipped and my left foot slide up underneath the metal covers of the base board heater that looked like this:

[Image: radiator-why-hot-water-baseboard-heater-...374260.jpg]

Two fins cut deep into my big toe like knives, but then my toe was stuck on the fins, and when I jerked the foot back instinctively, my toe nail tore off. Took about 3 weeks to heal, and the toenail that grew back was really thick almost uncut-table with normal clippers.

Ohmy Gnarly dude.
26-10-2017, 10:40 PM
Umbrella broke on me from a strong gust of wind.
[+] 1 user Likes EvieTheTurtle's post
27-10-2017, 05:20 AM
When I was about 15 I'd set a thick wire crab trap shallow enough that I could walk to it. Then later I wasn't thinking about it and was wading around in the water for unrelated reasons and accidentally stepped on it, my foot making a small hole and going through the top. When I instinctively tried to pull my foot back out, a newly exposed piece of thick wire in the hole I created snagged my leg just below the knee and sliced it open deep enough that it required stitches.

One time I chipped a tooth laughing too hard.

Been prett lucky in regards to not getting hurt too badly actually, not for lack of trying.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
27-10-2017, 05:36 AM
(27-10-2017 05:20 AM)yakherder Wrote:  When I was about 15 I'd set a thick wire crab trap shallow enough that I could walk to it. Then later I wasn't thinking about it and was wading around in the water for unrelated reasons and accidentally stepped on it, my foot making a small hole and going through the top. When I instinctively tried to pull my foot back out, a newly exposed piece of thick wire in the hole I created snagged my leg just below the knee and sliced it open deep enough that it required stitches.

One time I chipped a tooth laughing too hard.

Been prett lucky in regards to not getting hurt too badly actually, not for lack of trying.

Okay so now I have to ask, how did you chip a tooth from laughing too hard?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi