What is the explaination for everything?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2014, 12:51 AM
RE: What is the explaination for everything?
(09-02-2014 12:41 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  42

God too has a number, a human number:
[Image: TowelDay.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-02-2014, 12:51 AM
(09-02-2014 12:44 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 12:39 AM)fmudd Wrote:  It is simply intellectually dishonest to say that only one side has to provide the burden of proof on the why of our existence.

Did you really just write that? You make a claim, you back it up. Why am I, or anyone here, being intellectually dishonest by not making a claim and not proving the claim we aren't making? Do you even read what you write?

Right, so in general atheists get to attack religious people for their beliefs but don't have to assert anything on their own.

They just get to sit on the sidelines.
09-02-2014, 12:54 AM
(09-02-2014 12:51 AM)fmudd Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 12:44 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Did you really just write that? You make a claim, you back it up. Why am I, or anyone here, being intellectually dishonest by not making a claim and not proving the claim we aren't making? Do you even read what you write?

Right, so in general atheists get to attack religious people for their beliefs but don't have to assert anything on their own.

We Attack Ignorance and hypocrisy, beliefs are just collateral damage.

[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
09-02-2014, 12:56 AM
(09-02-2014 12:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 12:39 AM)fmudd Wrote:  Look; I am not accepting any retreats into the Null Hypothesis.

It is simply intellectually dishonest to say that only one side has to provide the burden of proof on the why of our existence.

We are not talking about a criminal trial here.

So, now you are calling us dishonest?

Well I would expect the same from the nutter I met yesterday on the bus who got angry with me when I said that I didn't believe him when he said he had had dinner with Elvis last week.

I find your (friend's) god(s) not guilty of existing.

I am not saying that those gods are innocent.

The court is adjourned.

All rise.

There is this reflexive need to keep retreating to the Null Hypothesis.

If you adhere to that; fine. But the instant you say "God does not exist" then you are in effect making a claim based on faith that God doesn't exist.

At BEST you can say that "we don't believe in the Christian's representation of God" but you can't say there is no God without stepping into the realm of faith.
09-02-2014, 12:57 AM
(09-02-2014 12:54 AM)sporehux Wrote:  We Attack Ignorance and hypocrisy, beliefs are just collateral damage.

Fine; but then you can't really ever say there is no God.

At best, you can claim that the Christians are wrong. The instant you say there is no God you are making a faith based claim.
09-02-2014, 12:58 AM
(09-02-2014 12:51 AM)fmudd Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 12:44 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Did you really just write that? You make a claim, you back it up. Why am I, or anyone here, being intellectually dishonest by not making a claim and not proving the claim we aren't making? Do you even read what you write?

You almost have it. Again, I'm not attacking anyone, and you can stop assuming all atheists do that. And, yes, we can sit on any sideline we want. Where is it written everyone MUST make assertions about everything and have a claim about every topic? You're just showing your ignorance again. Haven't you ever been indifferent about anything?

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2014, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2014 01:06 AM by sporehux.)
(09-02-2014 12:56 AM)fmudd Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 12:45 AM)DLJ Wrote:  So, now you are calling us dishonest?

Well I would expect the same from the nutter I met yesterday on the bus who got angry with me when I said that I didn't believe him when he said he had had dinner with Elvis last week.

I find your (friend's) god(s) not guilty of existing.

I am not saying that those gods are innocent.

The court is adjourned.

All rise.

There is this reflexive need to keep retreating to the Null Hypothesis.

If you adhere to that; fine. But the instant you say "God does not exist" then you are in effect making a claim based on faith that God doesn't exist.

At BEST you can say that "we don't believe in the Christian's representation of God" but you can't say there is no God without stepping into the realm of faith.

Nope, if there was someone claiming GOD does not exists and we Believed him/her without evidence, then that would be faith.

Some Theists think that Darwins book is our bible of sorts and we have faith in that.
This is theist bull crap to brain wash parishioners.

Most Atheist have looked at the evidence presented for there being a GOD, and can only see fairytales and overwhelming evidence for man ,made entities.

And to claim your Agnostic after reviewing the evidence for Theism you would have to be intellectually dishonest
I ask you to PM Earmuffs for his definition of "Agnostic"

09-02-2014, 01:01 AM
(09-02-2014 12:57 AM)fmudd Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 12:54 AM)sporehux Wrote:  We Attack Ignorance and hypocrisy, beliefs are just collateral damage.

Fine; but then you can't really ever say there is no God.

At best, you can claim that the Christians are wrong. The instant you say there is no God you are making a faith based claim.

No one is saying there is no god. It's like you aren't even reading these posts. Normally I'd give up on you because you are just too thick, but I'm giving up on you because it's too late and I need to sleep. If this ignorance is still here when I wake up I'll continue.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-02-2014, 01:02 AM
(09-02-2014 12:50 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Albert Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. You, fmudd, are precariously close to this. If you don't want to back up your claim then don't make one. I'm not claiming maggots have dreams of becoming tequila worms, but according to you I need to have a stance on this very topic and be prepared to defend it as a claim somehow. You are beyond ignorant and I believe you have an inability to comprehend.

I am purposely creating pressure against this Null Hypothesis theory that people uphold to because that is simply not what atheists have done.

Atheists don't say that "we believe the Christian God doesn't exist BUT we don't know ourselves."

There is the absolute positive assertion that God doesn't exist.

You (as in atheists) are bound by the very idea of the Null Hypothesis yourself whenever you say "God doesn't exist".

And, on that thought, how can you say with certainty that the religious folks are wrong with their claims.
09-02-2014, 01:08 AM
(09-02-2014 12:58 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  You almost have it. Again, I'm not attacking anyone, and you can stop assuming all atheists do that. And, yes, we can sit on any sideline we want. Where is it written everyone MUST make assertions about everything and have a claim about every topic? You're just showing your ignorance again. Haven't you ever been indifferent about anything?

Indifferent is fine; but you lose the intellectual honesty if you positively claim that religious people are wrong.

EDIT: Wrong as in they are wrong there is a God.