What is the explaination for everything?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2014, 10:30 PM
RE: What is the explaination for everything?
(09-02-2014 10:19 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 09:51 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Simple question Fmudd,

Is to disbelieve in Santa Claus a faith ? Yes or No

Christian friend: "No, Santa Claus was created specifically as fiction and was never meant to be taken as fact to be believed in.

In terms of Christianity; the New Testaments are historical accounts grounded by multiple sources.

If we were to compare Christianity (or even God in general from a Deist standpoint) the two hardly compares.

This would be a false comparison."

Your "friend" is retarded, historically speaking. Outside the Bible none of the new testament is verified in any way. In fact it is historically contradicted in several places.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-02-2014, 10:37 PM

Christian friend: "No, Santa Claus was created specifically as fiction and was never meant to be taken as fact to be believed in.

In terms of Christianity; the New Testaments are historical accounts grounded by multiple sources.

If we were to compare Christianity (or even God in general from a Deist standpoint) the two hardly compares.

This would be a false comparison."

Irrelevant.
My position on god and your position on Santa Claus are exactly the same. You do not accept the claim that Santa Claus exists. By your logic that is a faith based position.
You are either lying or suffering from cognitive dissonance...
Edited
09-02-2014, 10:38 PM

Christian friend: "No,

Ok then , there is your answer your looking for, for an ever increasing number of people the bible and god stories are exactly the way you describe Santa.
I and many other "truly believe" without any sarcasm.
That God has evidence of falsehood and none of fact, exactly like Santa Claus.

So while we may be awful Christians for not blindly believing in the bible, that's all we are, "Bad Christians" we do not have faith that God does not exist, we just don't see any evidence.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
09-02-2014, 10:40 PM
(09-02-2014 10:38 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 10:19 PM)fmudd Wrote:  Christian friend: "No,

Ok then , there is your answer your looking for, for an ever increasing number of people the bible and god stories are exactly the way you describe Santa.

So while we may be awful Christians for not blindly believing in the bible, that's all we are, "Bad Christians" we do not have faith that God does not exist, we just don't see any evidence.
Meh. He's not going to get it...
09-02-2014, 10:44 PM
(09-02-2014 10:38 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Ok then , there is your answer your looking for, for an ever increasing number of people the bible and god stories are exactly the way you describe Santa.

Christian Friend: "Except the story of Santa Clause was never presented as factual. It's a children's story presented as such.

False equivalence to what people present to be true.

Again, bad example."

EDIT: "I want to be clear who is responding."
09-02-2014, 10:48 PM
(09-02-2014 10:37 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Irrelevant.
My position on god and your position on Santa Claus are exactly the same. You do not accept the claim that Santa Claus exists. By your logic that is a faith based position.
Edited

Christian Friend: "Answered. This is a false comparison that people are presenting and resting their hats on."
09-02-2014, 10:53 PM
(09-02-2014 10:48 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 10:37 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  Irrelevant.
Edited

Christian Friend: "Answered. This is a false comparison that people are presenting and resting their hats on."

Fine, instead of santa claus, we will say Zeus. Your answer?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
09-02-2014, 11:46 PM
(09-02-2014 10:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 10:48 PM)fmudd Wrote:  Christian Friend: "Answered. This is a false comparison that people are presenting and resting their hats on."

[Image: Haha_youre_fucked_now-s497x388-132118.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
09-02-2014, 11:54 PM
(09-02-2014 10:44 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 10:38 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Ok then , there is your answer your looking for, for an ever increasing number of people the bible and god stories are exactly the way you describe Santa.

Christian Friend: "Except the story of Santa Clause was never presented as factual. It's a children's story presented as such.

False equivalence to what people present to be true.

Again, bad example."

EDIT: "I want to be clear who is responding."
Perhaps you should read up on the origins of Santa Claus. Just saying. In fact learning how myths develop and evolve might help. I don't think you will but you should.
10-02-2014, 12:04 AM
(09-02-2014 10:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 10:48 PM)fmudd Wrote:  Christian Friend: "Answered. This is a false comparison that people are presenting and resting their hats on."

Christian friend: "Another bad example, in both cases we are talking about beliefs in a higher power. So, I would say yes, I do believe in "Zeus" but that he was misrepresented. His actual representation is God and as we get closer to God perhaps our understanding of him will change even more. Science is coming around on this ever so slowly as well.

Man has always believed in a higher power than themselves and you bringing up Zeus proves that even more."