What is the explaination for everything?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2014, 02:00 AM
RE: What is the explaination for everything?
(10-02-2014 01:05 AM)fmudd Wrote:  
(10-02-2014 12:59 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  No we don't. We can not come to an agreement on whether there is a higher power or not because neither of us has enough information to do so. You claim there is and I reject that claim on the basis that you have no evidence. It is exactly like Santa Claus and mermaids.
Once again you are being dishonest. First. I didn't ask if you believe in the god Muhammad worshiped. I asked if you accept the claims I posted. Second. You said you must research the claims. You don't need to do that in this instance and the fact that you said you do shows that you are suspending belief until you have more facts. In essence you do not (at least yet) that the claims are true. That is exactly my stance on god. I suspend belief until I get more info.

Christian Friend: "Again, I believe sufficient evidence is given; people claim objective morality doesn't exist when I clearly see it does. If morality truly is subjective what compels us to denounce slavery, for example?
What compels us to be good ?
Empathy, dogs monkeys have it, that along with human peer pressure results in purely secular morals that continue to meme into culture for the betterment of it.

Your god , based on his word is indifferent to slavery at best.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2014, 02:24 AM
When I first came to The Thinking Atheist I asked about not believing in god and believing there is no god. I understood the difference between claiming no gods existed and withholding belief but I couldn't understand it in any other terms. It was purely a semantics problem. I wonder if you(fmudd) are having the same problem.
10-02-2014, 02:38 AM
(10-02-2014 02:24 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  It was purely a semantics problem. I wonder if you(fmudd) are having the same problem.

It seems like an intentional semantic issue with Fmudd and the "Theist Friend".

10-02-2014, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014 09:40 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(09-02-2014 10:19 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 09:51 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Simple question Fmudd,

Is to disbelieve in Santa Claus a faith ? Yes or No

Christian friend: "No, Santa Claus was created specifically as fiction and was never meant to be taken as fact to be believed in.

In terms of Christianity; the New Testaments are historical accounts grounded by multiple sources.

If we were to compare Christianity (or even God in general from a Deist standpoint) the two hardly compares.

This would be a false comparison."

Wrong. You misunderstood the question, or purposely obfuscate it. The question is not about the object of belief but about belief itself. YOU actually have created the fallacy of the false analogy. You have provided NOT ONE piece of evidence that the New Testament, (it's SINGULAR BTW), is "grounded historically" in anything. They "reference" external historical events, (such as the Roman occupation), but there is not a shred of evidence that Jesus of Nazareth ever existed. In fact we know there are a number of reasons to think the gospels are fiction, ((such as the facts that the Jewish temple curtain was said to be "rent" (or torn), spontaneously, when Jebus died, and in fact if that monumental event had actually ever happened, a Jewish historian would have mentioned it, and the facts that Matthew also claims many other corpses rose and walked around Jerusalem upon the resurrection, and NO ONE else mentions it, or who they were, or what happened to them, or seeing any other empty graves, or split rocks, OR the earth quakes referenced, AND the fact that NOT ONCE in all of history was the Jewish Sanhedrin called into session the weekend of Passover, and the fact that in Acts, BOTH the Romans and Jews had no clue what Peter was talking about he was accusing them of killing Jebus)).

It's "the two hardly compare". Is English your second language ? It's very poor, OR you have no education. You really ARE your "friend" aren't you. You BOTH exhibit the same grammatical errors.

Lying for Jebus. How noble.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-02-2014, 10:23 PM
(09-02-2014 12:26 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(09-02-2014 12:07 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  You can't prove a negative, it's basic logic.
Yeah, well, about that... you can prove a negative; what you can't prove is a negative that is all-encompassing.

For example, while I can prove that there is no apple in my hand, I cannot prove that there are no apples anywhere in the universe.

This is what I mean Vosur, was I wrong?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Negative_proof

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2014, 11:51 PM
Can someone save me the trouble of reading through 22 pages and just tell me if this guy is a troll or not? Drinking Beverage

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
10-02-2014, 11:55 PM
(10-02-2014 11:51 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Can someone save me the trouble of reading through 22 pages and just tell me if this guy is a troll or not? Drinking Beverage

Let's see:

Split personality? Check!
Unwilling to concede point regardless of evidence? Check!
Uses circular logic? Check!
Intellectually dishonest? Check!
Mind-numbingly stupid? Check!
Completely ignores intelligent questions that refute their point? Check!
Commits pretty much every debate fallacy? Check!
Disappears? Check!

Yep, troll.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
10-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Trollish, insists that everyone agrees the bible is a factual historical document.
Thus Atheists have faith that God doest not exist.
Yet wont concede that it would also make not believing in Santa "faith" on his definition.

11-02-2014, 06:15 AM
He just wanted a place to keep repeating his same shit over and over again untill he convinced himself it was true...... so, in his mind , he wins.

What else is new ? Drinking Beverage

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
11-02-2014, 07:24 AM
As an aside, this thread has made me realise that when it comes to an explanation for everything, it's not the having it's the getting.