What is the explaination for everything?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2014, 06:25 PM
RE: What is the explaination for everything?
(13-02-2014 06:09 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 05:58 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I already said it, I won't repeat myself.
Keep up with the conversation or go back and re-read posts if you have to, you're being disrespectful.

Christian friend: "You said this:"

(12-02-2014 05:12 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I'd say something like this: "Any colour is the way our eyes perceive different light wavelengths. It's a thing you can't perceive directly, but you can know it's real because it can be detected by technological equipment and you can check the data. Just as we people with sight know there are other wavelengths we can't see, we call them ultraviolet and infrared"

Christian Friend: "How does this prove the existence of the color RED? You just pointed to different equipment that measures something only you can perceive.

In other words, that's your justification for the color RED which blind people have no way or perceiving or testing to be true. I asked you to prove to the blind person that the color RED exists."

"Red" is just a word we use to define a perception of a particular wavelength. I only have to prove that particular wavelength of light exists and that we call it "red".
Obviously the blind person won't be able to perceive it, but he/she can't say it doesn't exist. I never perceived Japan, but I can't say it doesn't exist.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2014, 06:40 PM
(13-02-2014 06:09 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 05:58 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I already said it, I won't repeat myself.
Keep up with the conversation or go back and re-read posts if you have to, you're being disrespectful.

Christian friend: "You said this:"

(12-02-2014 05:12 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I'd say something like this: "Any colour is the way our eyes perceive different light wavelengths. It's a thing you can't perceive directly, but you can know it's real because it can be detected by technological equipment and you can check the data. Just as we people with sight know there are other wavelengths we can't see, we call them ultraviolet and infrared"

Christian Friend: "How does this prove the existence of the color RED? You just pointed to different equipment that measures something only you can perceive.

In other words, that's your justification for the color RED which blind people have no way or perceiving or testing to be true. I asked you to prove to the blind person that the color RED exists."

They can use test equipment that tests the light reflected off different surfaces, a red colour will reflect the red spectrum more hence its RED, or you could give it arbitrary classification like, light spectrum 13.
makes no difference what its called, the color that's not blue, color 13, reflective surface with 98% spectrum bla bla.

If the general consensus is that this particular light spectrum is known as RED, then its RED and explained to a blind person as such, much like we call microwaves , microwaves rather than . " electromagnetic radiation with wavelengths frequencies between 300 MHz (0.3 GHz) and 300 GHz."

You logic would make tiger stripes and leopard spots invalid.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
14-02-2014, 06:01 AM
(13-02-2014 06:29 AM)War Horse Wrote:  This is kinda stupid....... but let me try.

CF, how would you describe god to a blind person ?

I could tell great tales and feats of the color red and they would have the same type of mental perception, red/god, it doesnt matter.

And BTW, its not us claiming proof of the definition 'red', though you seem to have an inside track to this perception.

The onus is on you to prove/describe 'red' / god.

The 'red' analogy really is juvenile , but this is as close to what you need, and start paying attention to. Word play is just your way of shifting the goal posts.

Now if you go back to this idiotic "red' again to get a circular moronic point across, I'll know that you being intentionally dishonest, and this discussion has come to a conclusion.

I repeat again and again and again, your just being a cunt, fuck you and your "red".

Shoo fly !

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
14-02-2014, 06:23 AM
"Red" is just the energy of a vibrating photon and can be measured. Sporehux already provided a link that was conveniently overlooked. All of which seems to indicate that mudd and the "Christian friend" are just a pair of trolls.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post