What is the explaination for everything?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-02-2014, 10:53 PM
RE: What is the explaination for everything?
(08-02-2014 10:45 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  You have exactly proved my point. You are afraid of the unknown, so you turn off that part of your brain, believe there is a god, sans proof or evidence, and live carefree in oblivion with no desire to learn the truth.

I'm not being mean or making fun of you, it's just true that you fill in the gaps in your worldview with god and afterlife so you can sleep at night, because the indoctrination has forced you to believe in superstitions and man-made religion.

This is me typing and not my friend; I don't feel that she had fear or is afraid; just as you believe that there is not a God she feels there is one.

So in other words we have two competing faiths.

The atheist's faith that there is no God and my friend's faith that there is a God.

Christian friend: "You are a religion of disbelief."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-02-2014, 10:56 PM
(08-02-2014 10:53 PM)fmudd Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 10:45 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  You have exactly proved my point. You are afraid of the unknown, so you turn off that part of your brain, believe there is a god, sans proof or evidence, and live carefree in oblivion with no desire to learn the truth.

I'm not being mean or making fun of you, it's just true that you fill in the gaps in your worldview with god and afterlife so you can sleep at night, because the indoctrination has forced you to believe in superstitions and man-made religion.

This is me typing and not my friend; I don't feel that she had fear or is afraid; just as you believe that there is not a God she feels there is one.

So in other words we have two competing faith.

The atheist's faith that there is no God and my friend's faith that there is a God.

Christian friend: "You are a religion of disbelief."

I think your friend needs to look up the definition of religion and you need to look up the definition of faith.

Atheists don't believe there is no god. We believe there isn't any evidence for one.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
08-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Read some freaking quantum physics, and watch science shows with morgan freeman, fmudd.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
08-02-2014, 10:59 PM
(08-02-2014 10:50 PM)sporehux Wrote:  You dynamically pursue the how and why simultaneously, that is beauty of science.

If the why is dogma, then the how becomes contaminated, this is corrupted and ugly science. (YEC and ID)

Right. The why they speak of is strictly metaphysical.

----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
08-02-2014, 11:01 PM
(08-02-2014 10:56 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  ...
Atheists don't believe there is no god. We believe there isn't any evidence for one.

... and if your friend is not sure of the difference, think about...

Guilty vs. Not Guilty
as opposed to:
Guilty vs. Innocent.

Wink

08-02-2014, 11:01 PM
(08-02-2014 10:56 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I think your friend needs to look up the definition of religion and you need to look up the definition of faith.

Christian friend: "Here is the definition of atheism according to Merriam Webster:

Quote:Definition of ATHEISM
archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
b : the doctrine that there is no deity

So while I see what you are saying are you arguing something different from atheism?"
08-02-2014, 11:03 PM
(08-02-2014 10:53 PM)fmudd Wrote:  This is me typing and not my friend; I don't feel that she had fear or is afraid; just as you believe that there is not a God she feels there is one.

Your opinion means nothing in this conversation. Trace your friend's religion all the way back to its roots and you'll find fear there, and religion exposed that fear for power and money.

If your friend says she isn't afraid of what would happen to her soul if she broke her religion's laws and disobeyed her god, then she is lying. That is fear of the unknown.

----
08-02-2014, 11:06 PM
(08-02-2014 11:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ... and if your friend is not sure of the difference, think about...

Guilty vs. Not Guilty
as opposed to:
Guilty vs. Innocent.

Wink

I am speaking and not my friend; it seems you are changing the definition of atheism as posted before. Atheism is an assertion. Agnosticism would be what you describe.
08-02-2014, 11:07 PM
While I appreciate your ability to copy and paste from an Internet dictionary, I didn't ask for a definition of atheism. I told you to look up religion and faith, and then when you do, revisit the statements you made using those terms.

----
08-02-2014, 11:08 PM
(08-02-2014 11:03 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(08-02-2014 10:53 PM)fmudd Wrote:  This is me typing and not my friend; I don't feel that she had fear or is afraid; just as you believe that there is not a God she feels there is one.

Your opinion means nothing in this conversation. Trace your friend's religion all the way back to its roots and you'll find fear there, and religion exposed that fear for power and money.

If your friend says she isn't afraid of what would happen to her soul if she broke her religion's laws and disobeyed her god, then she is lying. That is fear of the unknown.

Me here; I know this may be annoying so I will try and be clear when she is speaking.

She doesn't believe in the exact doctrine as you presume. She shouldn't be thought of as a fundamental Christian.