What is the meaning of life for an atheist?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2017, 12:39 PM
RE: What is the meaning of life for an atheist?
(08-05-2017 12:12 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Too many people responded to this obvious troll.

Yes but if it helps a casual observer to reach a rational conclusion that's good.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like adey67's post
13-05-2017, 10:52 PM
I agree with Abby. Someone that is having honest conflicts may be flipping threw. See strong points then get a change of heart. Or maybe they'll see what a fool the troll is being and have a change of heart.

A turning point for me when I was a believer was seeing an argument between Aronra and a street preacher. I started the video rooting for the street preacher and even thought Aronra was the preacher because i agreed with everything he was saying. Came to find out I was rooting for the opposing team. Which gave me a lot to think about.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 4 users Like Commonsensei's post
13-05-2017, 11:44 PM
(08-05-2017 12:39 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(08-05-2017 12:12 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Too many people responded to this obvious troll.

Yes but if it helps a casual observer to reach a rational conclusion that's good.

I agree, it's a win-win. And also an opportunity for people to practice their debating skills, even if it's like taking candy from a baby.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
13-05-2017, 11:56 PM

What would be the proper number ?
In general people aren't responding to the OP.
The question is a common one tossed at non-believers. It's a meaningless ignorant question, and the notion that religion provides meaning is false.
http://www.salon.com/2013/09/20/are_reli...d_partner/
Time and again I've seen religious people cling to life just as much as non-religious people. I seriously doubt many who claim to believe in "heaven" actually do. "Rest in peace" ? WTF ? They want to sleep their way through eternity ? Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-05-2017, 12:09 AM
I also hate the obviously false, "God doesn't give us more than we can handle".

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Robvalue's post
14-05-2017, 11:14 AM
(08-05-2017 12:39 PM)adey67 Wrote:  

I agree with this. Whenever I reply to posts in a topic, I am also writing for those who only read and never or rarely post. This topic has nearly 2000 views.

When debating, it isn't just about whether or not either of us changes the mind of the other; it is about exploring the various viewpoints of us, who call ourselves atheists.

There is no winner and no loser, despite what a few may believe. There is just the open debate.

-Jeanne

"The Ox is slow, but the Earth is patient."
[+] 1 user Likes Jeanne's post