"What?" is the meaning of life.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2011, 06:42 PM
RE: "What?" is the meaning of life.
(26-12-2011 06:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's the essence of nihilism. There's no ultimate meaning out there but there's plenty of opportunity to find the parameters for your very own partial differential equation. And that local, artificial, transient meaning is the only meaning there is to be found.

Always wanted to be a nihilist, but never thought I was cool enough. Plus, I don't look good in form fitting black clothes.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2011, 06:43 PM
(26-12-2011 06:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  The internally-generated search for truth, reality, beauty, love, purpose, joy, laughter, happiness, knowledge, cheap thrills, and a few giggles may be the meaning of life.

Some food for thought........

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
26-12-2011, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2011 06:53 PM by Erxomai.)
(26-12-2011 06:43 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(26-12-2011 06:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  The internally-generated search for truth, reality, beauty, love, purpose, joy, laughter, happiness, knowledge, cheap thrills, and a few giggles may be the meaning of life.

Some food for thought........

Maybe it's my wasted years being a preacher of "Good News," but it's tough listening to this guy talk about the pursuit of Pleasure when he has a big scowl on his face. Somebody needs to get out and have a little pleasure now and then. Big Grin

But I'm still giving it a go anyway.

It's more interesting if you click that little snowflake button on the YouTube Tool Bar.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
26-12-2011, 06:49 PM
(26-12-2011 06:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(26-12-2011 06:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's the essence of nihilism. There's no ultimate meaning out there but there's plenty of opportunity to find the parameters for your very own partial differential equation. And that local, artificial, transient meaning is the only meaning there is to be found.

Always wanted to be a nihilist, but never thought I was cool enough. Plus, I don't look good in form fitting black clothes.

Ah, but the berets, yes the berets!

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-12-2011, 07:08 PM
(26-12-2011 06:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-12-2011 06:42 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Ah, but the berets, yes the berets!

This was the best I could find on Google with such short notice

[Image: Screen+shot+2011-02-03+at+10.39.40+PMbb.jpg]

~Izel
26-12-2011, 08:43 PM
I'd love to know but I don't think we ever will know. I'm quite happy just to enjoy life as much as humanly possible whilst I'm on this amazing planet for this miniscule amount of time. Laughing as much as I can and learning everything that I'm interested in. Ignoring arrogant, small minded people and seeking out like-minded people and giving them the respect they deserve. That's pretty much it. Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post
26-12-2011, 08:47 PM
(26-12-2011 08:43 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I'd love to know but I don't think we ever will know. I'm quite happy just to enjoy life as much as humanly possible whilst I'm on this amazing planet for this miniscule amount of time. Laughing as much as I can and learning everything that I'm interested in. Ignoring arrogant, small minded people and seeking out like-minded people and giving them the respect they deserve. That's pretty much it. Smile

Sounds like pretty much enough.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-12-2011, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2011 10:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-12-2011 06:43 PM)bemore Wrote:  Some food for thought........

Krishnamurti held some sway back in the day with Girly.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
27-12-2011, 12:16 AM
(26-12-2011 10:18 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Krishnamurti
held some sway
back in the day
with Girly.

I like it more as verse Tongue
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
27-12-2011, 12:21 AM
Life coach Pete Cohen raising some interesting points about lifes meanings and happiness.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.