"What?" is the meaning of life.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2011, 09:02 PM
RE: I don't think everyone is getting what I said ...
(27-12-2011 05:17 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  
(27-12-2011 05:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  I didn't ask "What is the meaning of life?"

I stated for discussion that "What?" is the meaning of life.

Honestly chas, I think you started your OP out wrong. Just my opinion ya know. Truly this video should have started the entire thread. Doesn't it explain properly?

By the way, I still laugh my ass off on this one...

Yep, that would have started it down the right path.Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
28-12-2011, 03:01 AM
RE: "What?" is the meaning of life.
(27-12-2011 02:08 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Why does there have to be a meaning?

bump.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean there aren't people who should pray for their sorry ass to be saved.
Find all posts by this user
28-12-2011, 02:26 PM
(28-12-2011 03:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-12-2011 02:08 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Why does there have to be a meaning?

bump.

No reason. Just, since I'm here it'd be fun to do something meantime. I like stuff that fucks with my emotions personally. Art. Music. Fucked up relationships. Nice to learn from other people too, what makes them tick... so there doesn't *have* to be a meaning, but we can pretend if we want to Smile
28-12-2011, 02:35 PM
RE: I don't think everyone is getting what I said ...
(27-12-2011 05:00 PM)Chas Wrote:  I didn't ask "What is the meaning of life?"

I stated for discussion that "What?" is the meaning of life.

It those terms my answer is why; yet this seems an atheistic union - life is pointless util the individual has a point. This is how morality works, and why atheistic morality is most often the best kind. Pointless - like zero-state - like the duaities of Void and Infinite; Love and Truth. There's a 4 like YHWH - but these 4 we share or not at all - a collective of individual concerns - for the more individuals, the less the exclusion. All it takes is an inversion at the root to begin the reprogramming - we are not the fallen, we are the risen - evil is simply not part of the equation. That rezeroed human is good, always. Wink

There's a what for today, fueled by my why. "I love my Gwynnies." That is my meme, that is my selfishness, that is my truth. Many atheists don't get into such metaphysical claptrap - and they are not wrong, they are individuals I must not exclude. This is where my tao - life path - will always contain some woo. Me and my Gwynnies, been places, done things; have been causation not correlation. I would say "what" is physics, "why" metaphysics; and the debate we have only points the I and not the Life. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
28-12-2011, 02:42 PM
It can be put in one word LOVE ! take it from a old man. All the rest fades away but love never fails you.
[+] 2 users Like N.E.OhioAtheist's post
31-12-2011, 02:08 AM
(28-12-2011 02:42 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  It can be put in one word LOVE ! take it from a old man. All the rest fades away but love never fails you.

The older you get, the truer that is. ... It ain't just that love is all you need, it's that it's all there fucking is.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean there aren't people who should pray for their sorry ass to be saved.
31-12-2011, 02:11 AM
(31-12-2011 02:08 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(28-12-2011 02:42 PM)N.E.OhioAtheist Wrote:  It can be put in one word LOVE ! take it from a old man. All the rest fades away but love never fails you.

The older you get, the truer that is. ... It ain't just that love is all you need, it's that it's all there fucking is.

Love didn't do them much good as far as keeping the band together.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
31-12-2011, 02:14 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2011 02:17 AM by ddrew.)
I know I already had a drunken ramble on this topic but ... I thought I should just summ it all up...

The meaning of life is to keep fucking... if we stop fucking then we'll cease to exist.. ...so throw away your rubbers.. flush those pills down the toilet.. hop into bed.. and get back to the fucking.. thanks.
Now where's that red head with the big boobs at..?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
31-12-2011, 02:20 AM
(31-12-2011 02:14 AM)ddrew Wrote:  I know I already had a drunken ramble on this topic but ... I thought I should just summ it all up...

The meaning of life is to keep fucking... if we stop fucking then we'll cease to exist.. ...so throw away your rubbers.. flush those pills down the toilet.. hop into bed.. and get back to the fucking.. thanks.

DodgyI guess I'm just a figment of ya'll's imaginations. Undecided

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
31-12-2011, 02:26 AM
(31-12-2011 02:20 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(31-12-2011 02:14 AM)ddrew Wrote:  I know I already had a drunken ramble on this topic but ... I thought I should just summ it all up...

DodgyI guess I'm just a figment of ya'll's imaginations. Undecided

Hey Girly, .... Exromai is feeling a little lonely... wanna give him some attention? *smirks*

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes ddrew's post