Poll: What's Jesus about?
Son of God, etc
Lowly preacher bigged up
Total myth, never existed
Based on real people and events to create a religion
King Arthur
[Show Results]

What is the more likely explanation of Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2014, 09:00 AM
RE: What is the more likely explanation of Jesus?
(02-05-2014 09:29 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 09:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yabut, you referenced yourself when talking in regard to future action in the face of 'evidence'.

Obviously you are too prideful to get it. Smartass

What would you do with said knowledge if it passed your scrutinization?

You keep asking these stupid loaded questions. It hasn't, and it's utterly moot unless it does.

Quit trying to pull a fucking end-run around your burden of proof, you obnoxious moron.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
03-05-2014, 09:43 AM
(03-05-2014 08:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 08:00 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  What does "follow up with the logical conclusion" mean?

I asked what would you do with this knowledge. Thus far you have been unable or unwilling to answer this simple question.

You asked "What would you do with said knowledge if it passed your scrutinization?" This 'said knowledge' of which you speak was very clear in context through prior posts to mean 'evidence of deity X' X in this case being your deity.

With the assumption that your hypothetical evidence for your hypothetical deity was shown true, as per your question, I responded that I would have to follow through to the logical conclusion; implying the existence of your deity within the hypothetical scenario would be concluded as correct...

My answer was pretty clear-cut.

I said what would you DO with the knowledge?

It seems you are having a hard time understanding this question so let me give you an example:

Jesus has stated that one must repent of their sins and be born again in order to have life eternal.

Knowing this to be true, what would you do?
03-05-2014, 09:44 AM
(03-05-2014 09:00 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(02-05-2014 09:29 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  What would you do with said knowledge if it passed your scrutinization?

You keep asking these stupid loaded questions. It hasn't, and it's utterly moot unless it does.

Quit trying to pull a fucking end-run around your burden of proof, you obnoxious moron.

Care to answer the question? It applies to you as well.
03-05-2014, 09:48 AM
(03-05-2014 08:49 AM)kim Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 08:00 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  What does "follow up with the logical conclusion" mean?
-Background-
logic |ˈläjik|
noun
reasoning conducted or assessed according to strict principles of validity
• a particular system or codification of the principles of proof and inference
• the systematic use of symbolic and mathematical techniques to determine the forms of valid deductive argument.
• the quality of being justifiable by reason.
• ( logic of) the course of action or line of reasoning suggested or made necessary by
Deductive reasoning is accurate and unbiased while inductive reasoning often appears to seek out a particular answer.

A "logical conclusion" by deductive reasoning would be evident without presupposition.

(03-05-2014 08:00 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I asked what would you do with this knowledge.

I would consider any information to be subject to reason, assessed according to strict principles of validity by deductive reasoning.

^^That^^ is my answer to your simple question... along with background knowledge to help you understand why I and many people, would process any information or "knowledge".

Pretty simple. Drinking Beverage

So you would repent of your sins and renounce them and seek to live a life of self-denial in the service of Jesus Christ?
03-05-2014, 09:56 AM
(03-05-2014 09:43 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 08:24 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You asked "What would you do with said knowledge if it passed your scrutinization?" This 'said knowledge' of which you speak was very clear in context through prior posts to mean 'evidence of deity X' X in this case being your deity.

With the assumption that your hypothetical evidence for your hypothetical deity was shown true, as per your question, I responded that I would have to follow through to the logical conclusion; implying the existence of your deity within the hypothetical scenario would be concluded as correct...

My answer was pretty clear-cut.

I said what would you DO with the knowledge?

It seems you are having a hard time understanding this question so let me give you an example:

Jesus has stated that one must repent of their sins and be born again in order to have life eternal.

And I answered what I'd do with the knowledge: under the assumption that it was correct, I'd accept it.
That was the extent of the original question, and I can't continue to indulge your pseudo loaded-leading questions until you actually produce something which resembles evidence.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-05-2014, 10:05 AM
(03-05-2014 09:56 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 09:43 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I said what would you DO with the knowledge?

And I answered what I'd do with the knowledge: under the assumption that it was correct, I'd accept it.
That was the extent of the original question, and I can't continue to indulge your pseudo loaded-leading questions until you actually produce something which resembles evidence.

You are telling me nothing new. I know you would accept the statement as being true. That is not what I asked however. What I asked was would you repent of your sins and ask to be forgiven for the evil you have done in the sight of a Holy God. After doing that, would you so order your life in such a way as to pleasing in the sight of the One who created you?

You either would or you would'nt. You would either bow in worship or you would stand in defiance. You would either kneel in contrition and anquish of heart at having been found a transgressor, or you would lift your head, stick out your chest and tell Jesus that you do not care what His will is for your life and that you will live it however you please.

Which would you do?
03-05-2014, 10:19 AM
(03-05-2014 10:05 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You are telling me nothing new. I know you would accept the statement as being true. That is not what I asked however. What I asked was would you repent of your sins and ask to be forgiven for the evil you have done in the sight of a Holy God. After doing that, would you so order your life in such a way as to pleasing in the sight of the One who created you?

You either would or you would'nt. You would either bow in worship or you would stand in defiance. You would either kneel in contrition and anquish of heart at having been found a transgressor, or you would lift your head, stick out your chest and tell Jesus that you do not care what His will is for your life and that you will live it however you please.

Which would you do?

Are you fuckin kidding me ? Worship a selfish,insecure, vengeful, egotistical god FOR ETERNITY ?

How about FUCK NO !

And just in case your wondering, fuck that 5'2" desert jew, that probably never existed, too. I'd kick him in the balls for trying to convince me of his cult.

GOT IT ?

Does that answer your idiotic fucked up, make believe,question? FFS, I hope so.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
03-05-2014, 10:21 AM
(03-05-2014 10:19 AM)War Horse Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 10:05 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You are telling me nothing new. I know you would accept the statement as being true. That is not what I asked however. What I asked was would you repent of your sins and ask to be forgiven for the evil you have done in the sight of a Holy God. After doing that, would you so order your life in such a way as to pleasing in the sight of the One who created you?

Which would you do?

Are you fuckin kidding me ? Worship a selfish,insecure, vengeful, egotistical god FOR ETERNITY ?

How about FUCK NO !

And just in case your wondering, fuck that 5'2" desert jew, that probably never existed, too. I'd kick him in the balls for trying to convince me of his cult.

GOT IT ?

Does that answer your idiotic fucked up, make believe,question? FFS, I hope so.

At least you admit how you really feel about the issue. For such a one as you, evidence, or the lack thereof is not even an issue.

You have helped prove my point. Thank you!
03-05-2014, 10:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 11:15 AM by Deltabravo.)
Jeremy,

Oh dearie me.

You asked me some questions. What are the inconsistencies in the NT?

Here is a challenge. Get out your bible and a pen and paper and sit down and write out the sequence of events, the times, the people, the things said and the things done and where from the time Mary finds the tomb of Jesus empty in the first of the synoptic gospels.

Write down what each of the four gospels said about the time Mary went, what she found, who she found, who she was with, who she spoke to, what they said, where and when she then saw Jesus, what he said to her, where he was then seen by the disciples and what he told them to do.

I don't mind where this discussion takes us but please don't make such absurd statements about inconsistencies in the NT. The central thesis of Christianity is that Jesus was resurrected. READ the book before you start making silly statements about inconsistencies. Every Christian theologian knows there are inconsistencies and by asking questions like that you show you either haven't read the NT or are prepared to ignore them and carry on regardless, which is just plain insulting to anyone who has actually read the NT and knows even a little bit about the problems these inconsistencies have always presented for Christianity.

No, of course there are intelligent people who are Christians. That isn't the point.

Have you read the Didache? That is a good statement of Christian principles and they are largely just a product of "logic" and "reason", that if , for instance, you love your enemies, you won't have enemies and you will enter a different "realm" where you don't have those kind of anxieties created by being in conflict with other people. Have you ever thought that the ethical principles of Christianity have nothing to do with how the earth was "made". Even if a very big man with some laboratory equipment made everything in seven days, as you seem to think, what has that got to do with prohibitions against stealing and sleeping with your neighbor's wife?

A: Nothing.
03-05-2014, 10:32 AM
You'd think after getting PWNED simultaneously in two debates, Walker would learn to keep his retarded head down... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post