Poll: What's Jesus about?
Son of God, etc
Lowly preacher bigged up
Total myth, never existed
Based on real people and events to create a religion
King Arthur
[Show Results]

What is the more likely explanation of Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2014, 02:47 PM
RE: What is the more likely explanation of Jesus?
(03-05-2014 01:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  The god described in the Bible is horrific - but that is secondary since I don't believe in any gods.

And if presented with clear cut undeniable proof that this God did indeed exist and that Jesus Christ is His only begotten Son, you would either:

Worship Him and ask Him to forgive you of your sins and cleans you from all of your unrighteousness...

Or...

Continue living as you do now....

You do not have to answer this question. I already know the answer.

Which is my point.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 02:49 PM
(03-05-2014 02:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 01:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  The god described in the Bible is horrific - but that is secondary since I don't believe in any gods.

And if presented with clear cut undeniable proof that this God did indeed exist and that Jesus Christ is His only begotten Son, you would either:

Worship Him and ask Him to forgive you of your sins and cleans you from all of your unrighteousness...

Or...

Which is my point.

No, you don't know the answer, you arrogant little toe rag.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(03-05-2014 01:25 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 01:10 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Yes it was. And it serves only to reinforce my point. For you and many who think like you, evidence is not the issue at all. You just do not like the idea of there being a God who you are morally accountable to.

Those who think like you would be taken much more seriously if you stated your view plainly when talking with Christians instead of trying to hide behind the whole "I can't believe because there is no evidence" piece. It is not that you can't believe, but rather, that you won't believe.

Thank you.Thumbsup

WRONG, its a hypothetical scenario about a fictional charactor, our (my) answers are based only on your parameters. Insert 'Odin' , instead of your God, Jebus or Batman, and the answer would have been the same.

Get real, will ya...... your the one that stacked the deck to get an answer that fits your model. Facepalm

You're done. You already told me what you thought about the whole issue. Thanks. Rolleyes
(03-05-2014 02:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 02:47 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  And if presented with clear cut undeniable proof that this God did indeed exist and that Jesus Christ is His only begotten Son, you would either:

Or...

Which is my point.

No, you don't know the answer, you arrogant little toe rag.

Ok, what is the answer? Which would you do?
03-05-2014, 02:51 PM
(03-05-2014 02:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 02:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, you don't know the answer, you arrogant little toe rag.

Ok, what is the answer? Which would you do?

No, you claim to know - demonstrate it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2014, 02:57 PM
(03-05-2014 02:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You're done. You already told me what you thought about the whole issue. Thanks. Rolleyes

So you've decided to see only what reinforces your beliefes.

I've got to say, you are one dumb close minded motherfucker...... the only thing that would get through to you is a major beat down, and even then I doubt that you would get it through your thick head that what your talking about is all in your head, fuckin fiction, make believe friend in the clouds shit.

Fuck it, I'm done with your stupid ass shit, you need a padded cell and medication.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 3 users Like War Horse's post
03-05-2014, 03:11 PM
(03-05-2014 02:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 02:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Ok, what is the answer? Which would you do?

No, you claim to know - demonstrate it.

You would continue to live as you do.
03-05-2014, 03:16 PM
(03-05-2014 02:57 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 02:49 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You're done. You already told me what you thought about the whole issue. Thanks. Rolleyes

So you've decided to see only what reinforces your beliefes.

I've got to say, you are one dumb close minded motherfucker...... the only thing that would get through to you is a major beat down, and even then I doubt that you would get it through your thick head that what your talking about is all in your head, fuckin fiction, make believe friend in the clouds shit.

Fuck it, I'm done with your stupid ass shit, you need a padded cell and medication.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Your opinion is shared by many people who think and feel as you do.

Ultimately, if there is no God, then you are neither better or worse off than I am. We determine what is meaningful in our lives and we each get to decide what is good and what is bad, what is right and what is wrong. You like pizza, I like spaghetti. It is all relative.

I actually pity you because you live in a world where without ceasing, you have to coexist with people who share my views.

One day soon, you will not have to. Until then, all the best to you.
03-05-2014, 03:18 PM
People that 'share your views' are on their way out, thank science. Wink

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
03-05-2014, 03:19 PM
(03-05-2014 03:18 PM)War Horse Wrote:  People that 'share your views' are on their way out, thank science. Wink

Out of what?