Poll: What's Jesus about?
Son of God, etc
Lowly preacher bigged up
Total myth, never existed
Based on real people and events to create a religion
King Arthur
[Show Results]

What is the more likely explanation of Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2014, 03:20 PM
RE: What is the more likely explanation of Jesus?
(03-05-2014 03:11 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 02:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, you claim to know - demonstrate it.

You would continue to live as you do.

Wrong. I acknowledge reality.
If your psychopathic god were proven to exist, I would sign up with Satan to actively oppose him.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
03-05-2014, 03:21 PM
(03-05-2014 03:16 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 02:57 PM)War Horse Wrote:  So you've decided to see only what reinforces your beliefes.

I've got to say, you are one dumb close minded motherfucker...... the only thing that would get through to you is a major beat down, and even then I doubt that you would get it through your thick head that what your talking about is all in your head, fuckin fiction, make believe friend in the clouds shit.

Fuck it, I'm done with your stupid ass shit, you need a padded cell and medication.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Your opinion is shared by many people who think and feel as you do.

Ultimately, if there is no God, then you are neither better or worse off than I am. We determine what is meaningful in our lives and we each get to decide what is good and what is bad, what is right and what is wrong. You like pizza, I like spaghetti. It is all relative.

I actually pity you because you live in a world where without ceasing, you have to coexist with people who share my views.

One day soon, you will not have to. Until then, all the best to you.

I pity you because you can't see the beauty and wonder of reality but instead live in a fantasy world.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-05-2014, 03:22 PM
(03-05-2014 03:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 03:11 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  You would continue to live as you do.

Wrong. I acknowledge reality.
If your psychopathic god were proven to exist, I would sign up with Satan to actively oppose him.

Actually I was right. For saying that you would continue to live as you do is synonymous with saying that you would continue to actively oppose God, for that is what you are presently doing.

For if you acknowledge God exists and yet do not honor Him as God, then you oppose Him. By virtue of the subject we are discussing, there is no neutral ground.
Find all posts by this user
03-05-2014, 03:23 PM
(03-05-2014 03:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 03:16 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. Your opinion is shared by many people who think and feel as you do.

Ultimately, if there is no God, then you are neither better or worse off than I am. We determine what is meaningful in our lives and we each get to decide what is good and what is bad, what is right and what is wrong. You like pizza, I like spaghetti. It is all relative.

I actually pity you because you live in a world where without ceasing, you have to coexist with people who share my views.

One day soon, you will not have to. Until then, all the best to you.

I pity you because you can't see the beauty and wonder of reality but instead live in a fantasy world.

I see both actually.
03-05-2014, 03:24 PM
(03-05-2014 03:19 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 03:18 PM)War Horse Wrote:  People that 'share your views' are on their way out, thank science. Wink

Out of what?

Really ? Your not even smart enough to understand that ? FFS Facepalm

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
03-05-2014, 03:26 PM
(03-05-2014 03:22 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 03:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wrong. I acknowledge reality.

Actually I was right. For saying that you would continue to live as you do is synonymous with saying that you would continue to actively oppose God, for that is what you are presently doing.

For if you acknowledge God exists and yet do not honor Him as God, then you oppose Him. By virtue of the subject we are discussing, there is no neutral ground.

There is no God you idiot....... prove me wrong.

03-05-2014, 03:28 PM
(03-05-2014 03:22 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 03:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wrong. I acknowledge reality.

No, it is not possible to actively oppose a non-existent being. So I would live very differently.

You are wrong, have been shown to be wrong, and continue to claim you are right. You need to grow up.

03-05-2014, 03:29 PM
(03-05-2014 03:24 PM)War Horse Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 03:19 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Out of what?

Really ? Your not even smart enough to understand that ? FFS Facepalm

You're repeatedly spelling the contraction "you're" incorrectly and yet insist on talking about someone lacking intelligence..... Gasp

Now, since I do not honestly know what you are referring to when you say: "On their way out..." I asked....

What are we on our way out of?
03-05-2014, 03:43 PM
(03-05-2014 03:29 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 03:24 PM)War Horse Wrote:  Really ? Your not even smart enough to understand that ? FFS Facepalm

You're repeatedly spelling the contraction "you're" incorrectly and yet insist on talking about someone lacking intelligence..... Gasp

Now, since I do not honestly know what you are referring to when you say: "On their way out..." I asked....

What are we on our way out of?

Playing grammer nazi is something you must have learned in here, and again, I guess your are to stupid to understand the meaning of a sentence, even if a word was grammatically incorrect.

Theres just no hope for your ignorant ass . I really feel sorry for the people that have to put up with you in the real world...... you're fuckin looney tunes, and then some.

BTW, for the mentally challanged, 'on their way out' , means, a dying breed or no longer of any actual social value......... get it now asshat?

03-05-2014, 03:45 PM
(03-05-2014 03:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 03:22 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Actually I was right. For saying that you would continue to live as you do is synonymous with saying that you would continue to actively oppose God, for that is what you are presently doing.

No, it is not possible to actively oppose a non-existent being. So I would live very differently.

You are wrong, have been shown to be wrong, and continue to claim you are right. You need to grow up.

Since we are not talking about God's existence, I shall dismiss the above as moot.

Rather we are talking about your disposition towards Him granting His existence. It is clear you would actively oppose Him and all that He stands for, for these were your own words, not mine.

So once again, why would you ask a Christian for evidence for God's existence? Would you do so in order to feel justified in opposing Him?

If so, what would you oppose Him for? For all that you think He has done that is as you would say "horrible" or "evil"?

But if God is evil in your eyes, then you must have some sort of idea about what is good, from which evil is a deviation. But if you have some sort of idea about what is good and what is evil then you must believe in some sort of moral ideal or law or standard which is your basis for distinguishing between good and evil. Something good being that which meets the ideal or law or standard, and something evil being that which fails to meet that ideal or law or standard.

But if there is no law or ideal or standard existing independently of you and I or anyone else on earth then all we have is a bunch of opinions, none being any closer to the non-existent ideal law or standard because it does not exist.

You believe God is evil. I believe He is good. In your world neither of us can say that our views are preferable over the other by virtue of their corresponding with the law that exists objectively outside of us because no such law exists!

But if no such law exists to which our views can be compared to, then you saying God is evil is like saying spaghetti is nasty. It is your opinion, nothing more.

The only way out of this is to posit the existence of an objective moral law. But if you posit this then you must give a coherent account of its ontology. Thus far, no one has been able to show how moral values and duties can exist independently of human beings in the absence of a transcendant moral law giver.