What is the most scared you've been?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2014, 04:49 PM
What is the most scared you've been?
After reading the thread "The most amount of pain you have felt" it got me thinking along these lines.

I think for me was the time my wife and I fell off of a scaffold while painting our house. I heard her screaming below while I clung to the second story window sill. I dropped down, rush to move the scaffold from on top of her and found that her wrist was now in the shape of the letter "Z". She had snapped both her ulna and radius and it looked grotesque.

The real fear came when the ER doctor looked at it and without batting an eye says "she might lose her hand". Stupid fuck, could have kept that to himself. For the next three days we waited for the inflamation to subside all the while thinking her hand might have to be amputated.

It was saved I'm happy to say with a titanium "T" plate and lots of screws.

I've never been so scared and miserable in my life.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2014, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 05:39 PM by Bows and Arrows.)
RE: What is the most scared you've been?
I'm a mom….I have these moments all the time it seems like.

can't find a kid…..heart rate goes from 0-60 in seconds flat (my mind goes immediately to sexual predator has her)

but probably when I had my first daughter early via emergency c-sect and realizing that we both were in pretty bad shape.

or when she was jumping on the couch, crashed into a coffee table and I thought I saw blood tears in my toddlers eyes. Or when she sprayed lysol in her eyes and I thought she would go blind.

Or the day in kindergarten (age 5) when she didn't get off the school bus, and the school didn't have her, and then finding out the driver dropped her off on the other side of the neighborhood. When you are standing at the bus stop waiting for you kid and the door opens & closes and no child….your heart sinks.

Or when I had to call the police to the school because another student couldn't keep his hands to himself and was touching her inappropriate ways, also at age 5.

kids….they will be the reason of my early demise.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
11-02-2014, 05:59 PM
(11-02-2014 05:36 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I'm a mom….I have these moments all the time it seems like.

can't find a kid…..heart rate goes from 0-60 in seconds flat (my mind goes immediately to sexual predator has her)

but probably when I had my first daughter early via emergency c-sect and realizing that we both were in pretty bad shape.

or when she was jumping on the couch, crashed into a coffee table and I thought I saw blood tears in my toddlers eyes. Or when she sprayed lysol in her eyes and I thought she would go blind.

Or the day in kindergarten (age 5) when she didn't get off the school bus, and the school didn't have her, and then finding out the driver dropped her off on the other side of the neighborhood. When you are standing at the bus stop waiting for you kid and the door opens & closes and no child….your heart sinks.

Or when I had to call the police to the school because another student couldn't keep his hands to himself and was touching her inappropriate ways, also at age 5.

kids….they will be the reason of my early demise.

I don't have kids but I've been around them and their mums and I know what you mean. I can't possibly imagine what it feels like to be the mother though.

My aunt and uncle had a restaurant and their 4 year old daughter was there one day too and the place was packed. She was playing with another kid when she suddenly disappeared. All of us started running around, going out at the street, screaming. How fucking scary.

(The other kid had told her to hide behind the toilet's door and not answer to anyone if they called her. My aunt ending up screaming in tears and the other kid's parents not only did not apologize, but they didn't even scold the child. Seriously.)

As for my experiences.

An earthquake that just wouldn't stop. It wasn't strong but it lasted for like 2 minutes.

My boyfriend making scary noises and waking me up in the middle of the night and making me think he's dying. He has nightmares.

My father was "kidnapped" once. It was many long hours of being terrified we'd never see him again. Everything turned out well in the end.

Can't think of anything else now.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
11-02-2014, 05:59 PM
When my girlfriend told me she was pregnant.
(false positive, she was 16 and I was 17)

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 2 users Like Im_Ryan's post
11-02-2014, 06:30 PM
When I was robbed at gunpoint while working for a convenience store!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
11-02-2014, 06:37 PM
I thought of a few more….

-waiting in the hospital trauma center waiting room wondering if my friends would live.
-riding down the center yellow line on the back of a motorcycle on July 4th, with a state police car chasing us.
-watching a guy cranked up on cocaine pace from window to window with a 9mm in his hand, or when his girlfriend caught her hair on fire using a blow torch.

- or having an undercover bouncer in Daytona Beach during spring break-grab me by the arms and literally drag me out of a club without identifying himself.

- or the violent mash pit at a concert

-or going thru a pine tree and barbed wire fence on a snowmobile

-a driveby shooting at a graduation party- we were all out on the front porch at the time

11-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Many years ago during the height of the troubles in Ireland, I was in the center of Dublin on a busy Saturday afternoon. Suddenly police officers appeared and started urging people to move away, there was a suspect device outside a bank. Soon there was widespread panic , everybody started to run. I was really scared as one starts to think that there might be a second bomb further up the street etc...

In the end it was a hoax, but it had the desired effect, fear.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
11-02-2014, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2014 07:41 PM by sporehux.)
Daughters allergic reaction (to a mystery allergy)
Riding over a brown snake on a dirtbike.
Shark swam below me at the beach (turned out to be a dolphin)

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
11-02-2014, 06:59 PM
(11-02-2014 06:37 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I thought of a few more….

-waiting in the hospital trauma center waiting room wondering if my friends would live.
-riding down the center yellow line on the back of a motorcycle on July 4th, with a state police car chasing us.
-watching a guy cranked up on cocaine pace from window to window with a 9mm in his hand, or when his girlfriend caught her hair on fire using a blow torch.

- or having an undercover bouncer in Daytona Beach during spring break-grab me by the arms and literally drag me out of a club without identifying himself.

-a driveby shooting at a graduation party- we were all out on the front porch at the time
I see that GTAV is based on a real place then.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
11-02-2014, 07:04 PM
(11-02-2014 06:59 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 06:37 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I thought of a few more….

I see that GTAV is based on a real place then.

all that was between ages 16-21 Shocking

friends can't figure out why I don't like going out partying…..they don't realize I'm like a cat that has already lived its 9 lives….