What is the most scared you've been?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-02-2014, 07:10 PM
RE: What is the most scared you've been?
My kids also brought most scares into my life. The time I was in the basement in my grandparents' house and my then four-year old fell from the top step and flipped a 360 to land on her face at the bottom of the stairs. It was like seeing it in slow motion for me and I was sure that when I rolled her over it was going to be an awful scene. Other than a couple scratches she was fine. My heart rate didn't slow down for hours.

The time my then three year old fell and a tiny flooring nail poked a little hole in her knee. She was okay till a tiny drop of blood appeared, then she went totally limp like a ragdoll. I rushed her to the ER, she was out cold the whole drive. I had no idea that a kid that young would go into shock over a tiny drop of blood. After a while she was fine, I needed tranquilizers.

My youngest got me when he was about 4. I sleep like the dead when insomnia isn't bothering me. One night I woke up to find him at the side of the bed and he was wheezing out the words "I can't get any air". I jumped up, grabbed him, and ran to the bathroom with him while telling my husband to call an ambulance. I shut the door and turned the shower on hot and held my son and tried to check him out all over. We were in there a good while since we lived quite far from the nearest town with EMT crew. When they showed up, I brought him downstairs they checked him out, his breathing was a little better. I crawled into the ambulance with him and off we went to the ER. By the time we got there he was breathing better. Turns out that he had a bad case of the croup and the shock of hot to cold seemed to snap him out of it. That was the most alert I have ever been when waking up.

For me personally, I have been through some crazy stuff medically but I am not panicked about it for some reason. But those darn kids...

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-02-2014, 07:15 PM
(11-02-2014 07:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  But those darn kids...

kids have no idea what they put their mothers thru.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
11-02-2014, 07:45 PM
(11-02-2014 07:15 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 07:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  But those darn kids...

kids have no idea what they put their mothers thru.

And fathers ; p

Its funny how having your own kids, flicks a switch that will make you risk you own life for anyones kids.

Life changes after kids, I cant even fantasize about backward time travel anymore, lest my kids wont exist as they are when I get back.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
12-02-2014, 04:10 AM
(11-02-2014 05:59 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  When my girlfriend told me she was pregnant.
(false positive, she was 16 and I was 17)
QFT.
12-02-2014, 07:48 AM
As a teen, snorkle diving of the coast of S.E. Florida, I was face to face with a 7' Barracuda, just hanging there and slowly turning my direction. I was literally frozen with fear, untill I started slowly swiming backwards, keeping an eye on him.

All of a sudden he bolted and was out of sight within a second.

I dont think I ever swam that fast to get out of the water. Unsure

There were a few other times in my life, but nothing I would mention on the interweb. No

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 1 user Likes War Horse's post
12-02-2014, 08:32 AM
Once when I was a passenger in a car and saw an unavoidable accident about to happen - and during it happening when the car rolled...

and then when my husband was under the knife for 7 hours... The fear got worse every minute...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-02-2014, 10:34 AM
This isn't my worst...probably...but my most entertaining moment of fear was when I was riding my bike in middle school and ran into a crane fly with my face.....

The crane fly didn't go splat, no. It got stuck in my eye. It was still very much alive, but all my eye could see was a blurry form of bug. I stopped and asked my friend to take it out. He told me the bug's legs were under my eyelid.

Ever been so scared that you just hyperventilated and laughed? Yeah, that was me.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
12-02-2014, 10:43 AM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 02:43 PM by Full Circle.)
(12-02-2014 07:48 AM)War Horse Wrote:  As a teen, snorkle diving of the coast of S.E. Florida, I was face to face with a 7' Barracuda, just hanging there and slowly turning my direction. I was literally frozen with fear, untill I started slowly swiming backwards, keeping an eye on him.

There were a few other times in my life, but nothing I would mention on the interweb. No

Hey War Horse, I know a little about fish and I have no doubt that the damn thing looked like it could swallow you BUT remember that everything underwater is magnified by a factor of about 33%. Thumbsup

[attachment=1873]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
12-02-2014, 11:02 AM
(12-02-2014 04:10 AM)Juv Wrote:  
(11-02-2014 05:59 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  When my girlfriend told me she was pregnant.
(false positive, she was 16 and I was 17)
QFT.

Laugh out load

Atir aissom atir imon
12-02-2014, 01:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2014 01:46 PM by War Horse.)
(12-02-2014 10:43 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(12-02-2014 07:48 AM)War Horse Wrote:  As a teen, snorkle diving of the coast of S.E. Florida, I was face to face with a 7' Barracuda, just hanging there and slowly turning my direction. I was literally frozen with fear, untill I started slowly swiming backwards, keeping an eye on him.

Very true and it looked like it was actually 20' long, though I know from my fishing buddies that they dont get much longer than 6'-7' there. 4'.5" and up being about what they came back with on the boats.

Sooo, I guesstamated 7', but hell, even if it was 5' long the fucker looked like Jaws. Blush

Hey War Horse, I know a little about fish and I have no doubt that the damn think looked like it could swallow you BUT remember that everything underwater is magnified by a factor of about 33%. Thumbsup

Crap, something went wrong with this post.

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.