What is the most scared you've been?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-02-2014, 11:18 PM
RE: What is the most scared you've been?
(11-02-2014 07:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  My youngest got me when he was about 4. I sleep like the dead when insomnia isn't bothering me. One night I woke up to find him at the side of the bed and he was wheezing out the words "I can't get any air". I jumped up, grabbed him, and ran to the bathroom with him while telling my husband to call an ambulance. I shut the door and turned the shower on hot and held my son and tried to check him out all over. We were in there a good while since we lived quite far from the nearest town with EMT crew. When they showed up, I brought him downstairs they checked him out, his breathing was a little better. I crawled into the ambulance with him and off we went to the ER. By the time we got there he was breathing better. Turns out that he had a bad case of the croup and the shock of hot to cold seemed to snap him out of it. That was the most alert I have ever been when waking up.

For me personally, I have been through some crazy stuff medically but I am not panicked about it for some reason. But those darn kids...

That happened to me, BUT, I had ASTHMA with croup. They put my face in the fridge and I started breathing better, no EM needed.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
17-02-2014, 02:18 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2014 02:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
Spent 14 hours dealing with peritonitis and sepsis after my appendix burst and nobody realized it. But that ain't pain, that's fucking dieing.
"When a man knows he is to be hanged...it concentrates his mind wonderfully." ... That's what I did. Focus on not dieing Girly. That's what I did. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
18-02-2014, 02:30 PM
I have hypochondriasis so I get spells of intense fear from time to time.

About 2 years ago, I had a "flair up" of hypochondria... The first in 10 years.

I discovered a lump on my neck, and in the space of 10 minutes went from being perfectly fine to a nervous wreck. It turned out to be caused by an infected wisdom tooth. But it didn't end there, for the next year I was convinced I had cancer... First lymphoma, then oral cancer, testicular and finally bowel cancer (symptoms were brought on by the anxiety)... Something inside snapped and said "enough" and the cycle stopped.

Hypochondria is a condition that's often stigmatized and laughed at... But if you've got it, you live in fear and dread every day.

Looking back on it, I realize just how mentally ill I was... It was, without doubt the worst period of my life, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2014, 05:54 PM
(11-02-2014 06:37 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  - or the violent mash pit at a concert

I went to the Rally to Restore Sanity/March to Keep Fear Alive in 2010 on the National Mall. When I couldn't fucking move I thought "I gotta get the fuck outta here before someone gets hurt." A few gentle sumo shoves, leans and well-placed elbows got me outta there but that was one serious fucking panic attack.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.