What is the perfect government?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-07-2013, 01:48 PM
RE: What is the perfect government?
(29-07-2013 01:00 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  It's really quite simple. Ultimately, a government relies on coercion, force. That is where the evil comes in. I don't like government, but I believe it is better than than anarchy in practice.

You sure you're not mistaking the ability for humans to be corrupted for the inherent "evilness" of a government?

“One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision.”

- Bertrand Russel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2013, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 29-07-2013 01:56 PM by ridethespiral.)
I'd like to see a technocracy...and more specifically a technocracy by way of machine intelligence...

Farm out the wellbeing of all citizens and guardianship of the future to a very sophisticated algorithm/AI (not quite there yet but I think in a decade or so), throw in a human failsafe somewhere, use the internet to gauge public opinion, satisfaction, assessing priorities, etc.

The end result could be corruption free government based on tried and tested rules and number crunching/simulation, with more foresight and less short term re-election thinking and with a blistering reaction time as compared to existing forms of democracy.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-07-2013, 01:54 PM
I ain't going down this road again. We've done it before. It accomplishes nothing. If you want to argue, hit me up on Skype.

29-07-2013, 01:55 PM
(29-07-2013 01:48 PM)eksyte Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 01:00 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  It's really quite simple. Ultimately, a government relies on coercion, force. That is where the evil comes in. I don't like government, but I believe it is better than than anarchy in practice.

You sure you're not mistaking the ability for humans to be corrupted for the inherent "evilness" of a government?

It wasn't a mistake, you just pointed out the means Thumbsup Humans are the problem.

29-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Is a perfect government even possible?

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

29-07-2013, 01:57 PM
I don't care what anyone says, I adore Mr. Ventura.

[Image: 9f6.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
29-07-2013, 01:58 PM
(29-07-2013 01:49 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I'd like to see a technocracy...and more specifically a technocracy by way of machine intelligence...

Farm out the wellbeing of all citizens and guardianship of the future to a very sophisticated algorithm/AI (not quite there yet but I think in a decade or so), throw in a human failsafe somewhere, use the internet to gauge public opinion, satisfaction, assessing priorities, etc.

The end result could be corruption free government based on tried and tested rules and number crunching/simulation, with more foresight and less short term re-election thinking and with a blistering reaction time as compared to existing forms of democracy.

Except we'll get Terminators, too. No

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-07-2013, 01:59 PM
(29-07-2013 01:55 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Is a perfect government even possible?

With human beings involved? C'mon, Moms. Tongue

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-07-2013, 02:04 PM
(29-07-2013 01:54 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I ain't going down this road again. We've done it before. It accomplishes nothing. If you want to argue, hit me up on Skype.

If you can't hold your ground against the simplicity of a social contract, perhaps it is time for you to rethink your conviction. Drinking Beverage

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
29-07-2013, 02:04 PM
(29-07-2013 01:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-07-2013 01:49 PM)ridethespiral Wrote:  I'd like to see a technocracy...and more specifically a technocracy by way of machine intelligence...

Except we'll get Terminators, too. No

Yeah and the court system will become something akin to Apple phone support...

"Welcome to democrobot 1.2's cutting edge court system"

"Please press 1 for police bot malfunction resulting in injury or death."

"Please press 2 for petty human concerns like clean food and water."

"Please press 3 to file grievance against another bag of mostly water."

"You have pressed pound, the wait time to speak to a humanoid is 137.234 years. Please hold."

"We are sorry but all available humanoids are currently dead right now. Please leave a message and..."