What is the probability of God existing?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2014, 07:01 PM
RE: What is the probability of God existing?
(14-04-2014 05:46 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  With each piece of evidence that we obtain about the imaginary being called god, the probability increases.

So far we are at 0%

As soon as that first piece of evidence rolls in, we can update the %

I choose to redefine the concept as me. We are still at 0%. Big Grin

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-04-2014, 07:19 PM
(14-04-2014 07:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-04-2014 05:46 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  With each piece of evidence that we obtain about the imaginary being called god, the probability increases.

So far we are at 0%

As soon as that first piece of evidence rolls in, we can update the %

I choose to redefine the concept as me. We are still at 0%. Big Grin
re: Rahn127

I was under the impression we are getting more and more evidence for bullshit, so the probability although it can't decrease from zero, it sure as hell is not increasing.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
14-04-2014, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 14-04-2014 07:57 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-04-2014 07:19 PM)sporehux Wrote:  
(14-04-2014 07:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I choose to redefine the concept as me. We are still at 0%. Big Grin
re: Rahn127

I was under the impression we are not getting more and more evidence for bullshit, so the probability although it can't decrease from zero, it sure as hell is not increasing.

Pretty much. After fixing the post.

Don't really matter much how you define God, dude's nowhere to be found. Fucker don't wanna be found. Fucker ain't gonna be found. ... Except by a few of the Calvinists. ... And of course ...

Johnny Cantor. Thumbsup
[Image: gwynnies.jpg]

#sigh
14-04-2014, 07:43 PM
(14-04-2014 05:56 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(16-02-2010 05:04 AM)aldredheron Wrote:  This is an interesting question that has been asked by many others, including Dawkins. We can't seem to be able to provide a satisfying proof of God nor can we exhaustively disprove God. What about the probability of existence? How would one even come up with such a number in the first place?

It's the same probability as fairies, leprechauns, and unicorns existing. Somewhere around........ um..............zero.

In some ways fairies and leprechauns are more probable as they do not require absolute perfection....(whatever that is?)Consider
14-04-2014, 08:01 PM
I have a dream. This dream is small. Small enough that there is a possibility it might happen one day. And this is my dream.

That theists might actually read basic phillosophy before coming to websites such as this and asking idiotic questions.

Seriously, Bertrand Russell would do. Any basic introduction, something. Or perhaps a text on critical thinking so they can understand the answers given to each idiotic premise they put forward.

Theists, listen up. There exists NO PROOF of any god having existed at any time.

If evidence was discovered it would be all over the news. We are talking front page headlines for months.

As it stands there is nothing. No idiotic equation on your part will fix it.

YOU WILL ONE DAY DIE. NO MORE YOU.

And good riddance.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-04-2014, 09:49 PM
(16-02-2010 10:48 AM)HurricaneIL Wrote:  I believe that the probability of god (God or god? o.o) existing is 0.5 (50%).
There's no way to tell if the Christians's god is real, and perhaps there's another god, that caused the big bang, and then vanished from the universe or something.
The probability of that is 50%, as this god may exists and may not.
This god also doesn't contradict science (I may be mistaken... Correct me if I'm wrong).

You're wrong. You have stated nothing to support your assertion.
Sorry I have not waded through all the relies yet.

Until proven otherwise, it is most reasonable to assume there is no Flying Spaghetti Monster, no Zeus, no god.
14-04-2014, 10:15 PM
(14-04-2014 08:01 PM)Banjo Wrote:  If evidence was discovered it would be all over the news. We are talking front page headlines for months.

I said that to a theist friend, who was genuinely confused he thought everyone believed miracles happen so it was no big deal.
Made him think (danger Will Robinson)

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
14-04-2014, 10:22 PM
My brother is a genius. No joke.

I found an old diary entry he had written: "Why is everyone so stupid?"

Smart man. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
15-04-2014, 06:41 AM
The probability that God exists is 1 if she does in fact exist and 0 if she does not. There are no other possibilities. What can vary is our subjective beliefs in her existence.
15-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Based on all the strong, peer reviewed scientific evidence that god exists?

Not a large percent.