What is the response to this...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2013, 09:12 PM
RE: What is the response to this...?
(20-01-2013 09:01 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  ...if there is then that must mean that all the people who didn't grow up in this country are worshiping the wrong god. After all god picks countries and football teams to WIN. It's sad that they will spend eternity in hell for not being born in the right country.
So much win, right there.^

[Image: atheistsignature.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2013, 01:32 AM
See, that right there is why I don't post stuff on facebook. It puts whatever stuff you want to write in everyone else's face and practically begs them to come back with their own ill-considered opinion, crammed into as few underconsidered words as possible.

I much prefer this forum, where people go seek out your posted opinions with malice aforethought and respond with their own ill-considered opinions bloated into as many paragraphs as possible.

EDIT: In reply to the OP? Just leave it. You don't win anything by tangling in that sort of banal, shallow, empty-minded back-and-forth. Treat it as beneath your notice and maintain a level of gravitas.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
21-01-2013, 01:38 AM
(20-01-2013 07:58 PM)Casey88 Wrote:  I posted a picture of a bumper sticker... There's probably no god. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life. On my fb wall. I was expecting maybe a few comments of course, and knew I would most likely just ignore them. My sister wrote back... "And if there is..."And for some reason it is annoying me to no end. Maybe for it's complete lack of thought and stupidity, idk, it's just under my skin. So much so, that I don't even know how to respond to it without some lengthy paragraph that would go unnoticed because it's not as if she really cares. "And if there is.... I don't know... There is? Do words just come out of your mouth without any thought. THAT is your genius response?" ahh just infuriating.
Even the following comment by a family friend "I've always enjoyed KNOWING god is there ." doesn't bother me because at least it makes some sort of sense in response to the post lol.

"So what if there is? What's he going to do? Kill me and burn my not-skin?"

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-01-2013, 02:52 AM

(20-01-2013 07:58 PM)Casey88 Wrote:  I posted a picture of a bumper sticker... There's probably no god. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life. On my fb wall. I was expecting maybe a few comments of course, and knew I would most likely just ignore them. My sister wrote back... "And if there is..."And for some reason it is annoying me to no end. Maybe for it's complete lack of thought and stupidity, idk, it's just under my skin. So much so, that I don't even know how to respond to it without some lengthy paragraph that would go unnoticed because it's not as if she really cares. "And if there is.... I don't know... There is? Do words just come out of your mouth without any thought. THAT is your genius response?" ahh just infuriating.

You're infuriated because you want someone to "prove" you wrong, and the person who's supposed to be able to do that has not been able to do it--so you feel betrayed by that, cheated. And, I suppose you're right to feel that way.

But stick around. One of the reasons I started "The Veridican," is so that I could begin the arguments and debates and discussions I've always wanted to start that would give a person such as your self real reason to believe.

In all the time I've been in TTA, I've never been able to do that, because I just get shouted down and everything turns into a big dog fight, or I post and get a thousand views and 150 replies in a day, and I can't possibly keep up much less try to have some clear discussion with someone.

So stay tuned. Shocking Atheism has never seen the likes of me yet, but it's going to.
Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2013, 02:58 AM
(21-01-2013 02:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 07:58 PM)Casey88 Wrote:  So stay tuned. Shocking Atheism has never seen the likes of me yet, but it's going to.
[Image: tumblr_m0qr5sbi0t1qgcra2o1_500.gif]

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Misanthropik's post
21-01-2013, 03:10 AM
If there is... Wow never though of that, what if there is a god? Shit, I'm off to worship now...NOT!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------
Knowledge can be given, Understanding must be earned
[+] 2 users Like Andrew_Njonjo's post
21-01-2013, 03:23 AM
(20-01-2013 09:12 PM)yumeji Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 09:01 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  ... not being born in the right country.
So much win, right there.^

"Born in the wrong country" from 1:30 to 3:30

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
21-01-2013, 05:36 AM
Very nice find, DLJ.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
21-01-2013, 05:53 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2013 05:57 AM by Hafnof.)

Note that this is an excerpt from the following:

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 2 users Like Hafnof's post
21-01-2013, 09:14 AM
@DLJ amazing find. Hilarious and true for the full 8 min.