What is the response to this...?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2013, 09:22 AM
RE: What is the response to this...?
(21-01-2013 02:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  In all the time I've been in TTA, I've never been able to do that, because I just get shouted down [...]
Right, the poor, poor victim Egor never had a chance to argue in civility because others didn't let him. Drinking Beverage

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
21-01-2013, 09:59 AM
I don't post atheist stuff on my FB page because I'm friends with some coworkers and there could be job consequences. I work at a public agency where they still pray at ceremonies, which is 9 kinds of violation of separation of church and state. I don't post anything much about politics either. Like y'all I don't like the double standard where Christians can post anything with impunity, but in 9 years I can retire, so watch out then!

Godless in the Magnolia State
[+] 1 user Likes cjs's post
21-01-2013, 10:11 AM
So sad there is so much hatred and bigotry and christians don't see the irony. Wait, after reading the Old Testament there is no irony.
[+] 1 user Likes sandman's post
21-01-2013, 10:11 AM
(21-01-2013 09:22 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-01-2013 02:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  In all the time I've been in TTA, I've never been able to do that, because I just get shouted down [...]
Right, the poor, poor victim Egor never had a chance to argue in civility because others didn't let him. Drinking Beverage

Yes poor Egor, who is so put-upon...he comes on an atheist board, hawks some "new" religion, asks our opinions about it, then goes on the offensive when people laugh, pick it apart, and of course disagree with it. Don't expect any love on an atheist board. I don't go to theist boards because they are communities of people who believe, which is their right. If he's expecting to take this place by storm, it's not gonna happen, just as I would not make any headway deconverting theists on their board. But then logic is not his strong suit.
21-01-2013, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2013 11:11 AM by Free Thought.)
(21-01-2013 10:11 AM)cjs Wrote:  
(21-01-2013 09:22 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Right, the poor, poor victim Egor never had a chance to argue in civility because others didn't let him. Drinking Beverage

Yes poor Egor, who is so put-upon...he comes on an atheist board, hawks some "new" religion, asks our opinions about it, then goes on the offensive when people laugh, pick it apart, and of course disagree with it. Don't expect any love on an atheist board. I don't go to theist boards because they are communities of people who believe, which is their right. If he's expecting to take this place by storm, it's not gonna happen, just as I would not make any headway deconverting theists on their board. But then logic is not his strong suit.

Every crazy guy hawking a product always demands a fair go to hawk it off to the public.
That is until his piece of shit come under fire, then he demands protection from the powers that be to guard against criticism.

Same goes for cultists hawking their religions.

Only difference is, we aren't buying it, and we aren't giving 'em that allowance.

[edit for spelling]

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
21-01-2013, 11:28 AM
"If there is"... "then you're going straight to Hades cause God is a Buddhist

Obama promised you change. Reach in your pocket, feel those coins? There's your change...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2013, 05:53 PM
If there is a god hopefully he would encourage scepticism and have a good sense of humour. Big Grin
21-01-2013, 05:59 PM
(21-01-2013 05:53 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  If there is a god hopefully he would encourage scepticism and have a good sense of humour. Big Grin

Fortunately, it appears there are no gods.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-01-2013, 08:30 PM
....And if there is ?

There is probably no Zeus, so.....And if there is ?
There is probably no Odin, so....And if there is ?
There is probably no Jupiter, so ....And if there is ?
There is probably no Bel, so .....And if there is ?
There is probably no Morrigan, so ....And if there is ?

How many necklaces do you want to wear ?
How many gods do you want to place in the ...And if there is ? category
If you place one in there, you have to place them all.
You'll have so many chains around your neck from every religion / god out there you would physically be bound to the ground and unable to get up.
You would also be so busy every single day trying to keep up with all the rituals and sometimes conflicting rituals that you could never have a LIFE of your own.
You would constantly be working trying to appease all of those gods.

So this is why we say, "Stop worrying and just live your life"

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
22-01-2013, 12:20 AM
(21-01-2013 02:52 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(20-01-2013 07:58 PM)Casey88 Wrote:  I posted a picture of a bumper sticker... There's probably no god. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life. On my fb wall. I was expecting maybe a few comments of course, and knew I would most likely just ignore them. My sister wrote back... "And if there is..."And for some reason it is annoying me to no end. Maybe for it's complete lack of thought and stupidity, idk, it's just under my skin. So much so, that I don't even know how to respond to it without some lengthy paragraph that would go unnoticed because it's not as if she really cares. "And if there is.... I don't know... There is? Do words just come out of your mouth without any thought. THAT is your genius response?" ahh just infuriating.

You're infuriated because you want someone to "prove" you wrong, and the person who's supposed to be able to do that has not been able to do it--so you feel betrayed by that, cheated. And, I suppose you're right to feel that way.

But stick around. One of the reasons I started "The Veridican," is so that I could begin the arguments and debates and discussions I've always wanted to start that would give a person such as your self real reason to believe.

In all the time I've been in TTA, I've never been able to do that, because I just get shouted down and everything turns into a big dog fight, or I post and get a thousand views and 150 replies in a day, and I can't possibly keep up much less try to have some clear discussion with someone.

So stay tuned. Shocking Atheism has never seen the likes of me yet, but it's going to.

It's funny that you seem to think that you are a threat to atheism (a stance which has likely existed since the first gods did).

Like a puppy nipping at a persons heels; the annoyance of the nipping is far offset by the amusement that the puppy thinks it's getting something done.

Sorry to all the dog owners out there, I do not mean to offend dogs by equating them with Ego.

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.