What is the scientific evidence for the existence of HIV?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2013, 01:05 AM
RE: What is the scientific evidence for the existence of HIV?
(16-11-2013 12:35 AM)Chippy Wrote:  

The "soft" interview which is really just a promotional puff piece.

I don't have TV but I was in a hotel and saw one of these one night. They make it look like they are interviewing a scientist or doctor on some new scientific breakthrough but, it turns out to be some idiot pushing a book of "folk remedies" or something. They give a lot of scientific talk but they don't say much, then comes the pitch.

I was searching for something like NOVA and they wasted my time. Really pissed me off to realize I was actually watching a fucking infomercial! Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-11-2013, 07:56 AM
(16-11-2013 12:25 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 12:07 AM)I and I Wrote:  And what would rule 5 be? If I start a thread and people start talking shit to me, who is breaking the rules?

People tried over and over again to be civil and talk with you, but you never answer a question, you deflect every single time your ideas are challenged and you never, not even once, showed any intention of having an honest discussion about very sensitive topics.

Your threads are not meant to talk, are meant to stir people's feelings about important matters so you can poke at us and have a good laugh. You're a troll and an insensitive bastard who uses real people problems and suffering to annoy and provoke.

Rule 5 says:
Quote:5) Maliciously Disrupting the Forum is Prohibited
Anyone who comes here with the sole intent of causing chaos and conflict is not welcome. Being intentionally overly disruptive is also not acceptable. In the event that it is felt by the forum Administration that a person is causing excessive issues then they will be officially warned. Failure to heed the warning may lead to temporary bans leading up to a permanent ban if the offending behaviour is not ceased. This is considered a last resort and only for the most serious situations. Anyone who is felt to be trying to manipulate this rule to get another member banned by causing controversy about them risks falling foul of this rule themself.

The only reason you haven't been banned yet is because you're skilful enough to walk a fine line in every thread, and our mods are careful enough to tolerate provocative people. But after a year and a half here I've seen enough of your posts and tried to discuss with you enough times to know that you are actually maliciously trying to cause conflict.
You are not welcome here by anyone, the few people who tolerate you here are the ones whit a sense of humor weird enough to find you amusing. But even them get tired after a while.

You will insist that you want some honest debate, or that you have some sort of actual curiosity on the topics that you arise, but that's bullshit, and it will be bullshit as you type it, and it will be bullshit as anyone here reads it.

You are BS&BS, and you should be banned so we don't have to suffer you anymore.

The fine line I am walking is called letting other people talk shit to me and not responding. Other people here have always talked shit to me first yet since the bullying group are all friends, their disruptive and malicious behavior is ignored.
16-11-2013, 09:38 AM
(16-11-2013 07:56 AM)I and I Wrote:  The fine line I am walking is called letting other people talk shit to me and not responding. Other people here have always talked shit to me first yet since the bullying group are all friends, their disruptive and malicious behavior is ignored.

Whine harder; your persecution complex is endearing.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
16-11-2013, 10:09 AM
And you're still an idiot.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
16-11-2013, 12:31 PM
So, I have a question to people that aren't I and I. I've seen mention of people saying that HIV doesn't lead to AIDS, which I've always found weird, but is this part of some other agenda? Does denying the connection offer them the ability to take some other stance?

To put that in persecutive, I've seen people that don't believe in gravity, which I found insane, but it later made sense when I realized they needed to do this to believe in a geocentric model of the solar system. Does denying that HIV leads to AIDS do something similar?
16-11-2013, 12:37 PM
(16-11-2013 12:31 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I've seen people that don't believe in gravity, which I found insane, but it later made sense when I realized they needed to do this to believe in a geocentric model of the solar system. Does denying that HIV leads to AIDS do something similar?

Right now I can't think of anything on a larger scale, but I imagine it would be in someone's favor to spread this idea if they had a snake oil "cure" for AIDS. Is that what you're asking?

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
16-11-2013, 02:04 PM
(16-11-2013 12:37 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 12:31 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I've seen people that don't believe in gravity, which I found insane, but it later made sense when I realized they needed to do this to believe in a geocentric model of the solar system. Does denying that HIV leads to AIDS do something similar?

Right now I can't think of anything on a larger scale, but I imagine it would be in someone's favor to spread this idea if they had a snake oil "cure" for AIDS. Is that what you're asking?

No, many people and scientists don't believe HIV causes aids. To people that do believe HIV causes aids, they seem to not understand that it is not a denial of the existence of aids.
16-11-2013, 02:11 PM
(16-11-2013 12:31 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  So, I have a question to people that aren't I and I. I've seen mention of people saying that HIV doesn't lead to AIDS, which I've always found weird, but is this part of some other agenda? Does denying the connection offer them the ability to take some other stance?

To put that in persecutive, I've seen people that don't believe in gravity, which I found insane, but it later made sense when I realized they needed to do this to believe in a geocentric model of the solar system. Does denying that HIV leads to AIDS do something similar?

Because "HIV causes Aids" is what The Man says.

It is therefore wrong a priori.

You must be new at this.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
16-11-2013, 02:31 PM
I guess. I just wondered if there was some weird biblical prophesy that HIV was wrecking, or something.
16-11-2013, 03:25 PM
(16-11-2013 02:31 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  I guess. I just wondered if there was some weird biblical prophesy that HIV was wrecking, or something.

I think a good portion of believers in woo suffer from acute Galileo Complex. There's still a (small) group of people out the who believe the earth is flat. Reading their explanations for the problems with this theory (e.g. Why does the earth appear spherical from space?) can be good for a laugh.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum