What is the scientific evidence for the existence of HIV?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2013, 04:56 PM
RE: What is the scientific evidence for the existence of HIV?
(16-11-2013 02:04 PM)I and I Wrote:  No, many people and scientists don't believe HIV causes aids.

Sure.

O.J. is going to find the real killer, too.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
16-11-2013, 05:21 PM
(16-11-2013 04:56 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 02:04 PM)I and I Wrote:  No, many people and scientists don't believe HIV causes aids.

Sure.

Sure, and science is based on belief, people believe science that makes then comfortable. Belief in a theory is not based on what WE scientifically find, but it is based on a belief in what others have scientifically researched.

Next
16-11-2013, 05:47 PM
(16-11-2013 05:21 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 04:56 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Sure.

Sure, and science is based on belief, people believe science that makes then comfortable. Belief in a theory is not based on what WE scientifically find, but it is based on a belief in what others have scientifically researched.

Next

No, theories are accepted based on evidence. It doesn't matter who finds evidence - that's the beauty of the scientific method.

You really have a childish understanding of science.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-11-2013, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2013 03:33 AM by Bucky Ball.)

Next

Wait wait wait.

You just said :
a. science is based on beliefs which people hold, depending on what they find comfortable.
b. in the next sentence you said the beliefs are NOT based on what you just said in the first sentence they WERE based on, AND then also posited a third origin.

You are mentally unbalanced, aren't you ?

Science is not based on "beliefs". Many people's hypotheses are proven false every day, and they admit it. Clearly you have NO exposure to science, or any scietific education. You have NO credibility on any subject.

It makes no difference what people believe. HIV has been demonstrated millions of times to exist in the lab by specific antibody tests, AND it responds to SPECIFIC treatment, that has been tailored only for it, and to which NOTHING else responds. It has been proven by observation, directly, and inferred with NO other explanation possible, or proposed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-11-2013, 06:01 PM
(16-11-2013 05:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 05:21 PM)I and I Wrote:  Sure, and science is based on belief, people believe science that makes then comfortable. Belief in a theory is not based on what WE scientifically find, but it is based on a belief in what others have scientifically researched.

Next

No, theories are accepted based on evidence. It doesn't matter who finds evidence - that's the beauty of the scientific method.

You really have a childish understanding of science.

In order to put something under/in an electro micrograph to properly take a picture of what you are specifically looking for (a specific virus), one has to isolate it by putting samples in a solution then putting it through a centrifuge.

Why is isolation necessary? Because the markers for a virus have common markers with other tissue and cells that might be in the sample. Therefore if there is no isolation there is no evidence for a specific virus and there is no electron microscope picture of a virus.

You really have a childish understanding of the scientific process of isolation.

You are wanted in the Geneva conventions thread...

Drinking Beverage
16-11-2013, 06:04 PM
(16-11-2013 06:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 05:21 PM)I and I Wrote:  Sure, and science is based on belief, people believe science that makes then comfortable. Belief in a theory is not based on what WE scientifically find, but it is based on a belief in what others have scientifically researched.

Next

Wait wait wait.

You just said :
a. science is based on beliefs which people hold, depending on what they find comfortable.
b. in the next sentence you said the beliefs are NOT based on what you just said in the first sentence they WERE based on, AND then also posited a third origin.

Science is not based on "beliefs". Many people's hypotheses are proven false every day, and they admit it. Clearly you have NO exposure to science, or any scietific education. You have NO credibility on any subject.

It makes no difference what people believe. HIV has been demonstrated millions of times to exist in the lab by specific antibody tests, AND it responds to SPECIFIC treatment, that has been tailors only for it, and which NOTHING else responds. It has been proven by observation, directly, and inferred with NO other explanation possible, or proposed.

Name the person who isolated the virus...

I have been asking for a name and you guys faith in science can't even come up with a name.
16-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Oh and kids,

WHEN DID GALLO ANNOUNCE IN A ORESS CONFERENCE WITH THE HEAD IF HUMAN HEALTH SERVICES THAT THE CAUSE IF AIDS WAS FOUND?

DID GALLO PRESENT HIS FINDINGS FOR PEER REVIEW BEFORE HE AND HEAD OF HUMAN HEALTH SERVICES MADE THEIR ANNOUNCEMENT?

Science.....it's so scientific that you can get a government official to ANOUNCE your findings BEFORE THEY ARE PEER REVIEWED.
16-11-2013, 07:32 PM

SCIENTISTS???? Yeah, right... Rolleyes

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
16-11-2013, 07:34 PM

Sure, and science is based on belief, blah blah blah...

Utter nonsense. You wouldn't know science if it bent you over and buggered you.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
16-11-2013, 07:44 PM
(16-11-2013 06:04 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(16-11-2013 06:00 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Wait wait wait.

You just said :

It makes no difference what people believe. HIV has been demonstrated millions of times to exist in the lab by specific antibody tests, AND it responds to SPECIFIC treatment, that has been tailors only for it, and which NOTHING else responds. It has been proven by observation, directly, and inferred with NO other explanation possible, or proposed.

Name the person who isolated the virus...

I have been asking for a name and you guys faith in science can't even come up with a name.

http://www.dallasvoice.com/who-discovere...21402.html

Google is your friend.
(Oh wait, you have no friends, which i why you are compelled to start 5 thread a day on TTA, as you have no one to talk to).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche