What is the scientific evidence for the existence of HIV?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Proving the existence of a specific virus requires isolation, THEN you can associate anti-bodies with that previously isolated virus. If you don't isolate it first then how the fuck would one know what anti-bodies to associate with that virus?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-11-2013, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2013 05:23 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: What is the scientific evidence for the existence of HIV?
(19-11-2013 03:44 PM)I and I Wrote:  Proving the existence of a specific virus requires isolation, THEN you can associate anti-bodies with that previously isolated virus. If you don't isolate it first then how the fuck would one know what anti-bodies to associate with that virus?

No it doesn't. You have no background in science. You have no clue what you're talking about. HIV RNA HAS been isolated and sequenced. You did not even bother to click on the links. You are a troll. Nothing more.
You are mentally unbalanced.
You have demonstrated it again.
If you go to the doctor, and they test for Hepatitis A, B, or C, do they "isolate" it. No. They do antibody testing.
If they do blood typing, (a form of antibody testing), do they "isolate" blood cells ? No. They do antibody testing.
Stop demonstrating your utter ignorance of Immunology.
Troll

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-11-2013, 03:59 PM
(19-11-2013 03:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 03:44 PM)I and I Wrote:  Proving the existence of a specific virus requires isolation, THEN you can associate anti-bodies with that previously isolated virus. If you don't isolate it first then how the fuck would one know what anti-bodies to associate with that virus?

No it doesn't. You have no background in science. You have no clue what you're talking about. HIV DNA HAS been isolated and sequenced. You did not even bother to click on the links. You are a troll. Nothing more.

Oh Bucky...you and all that fancy book learnin'

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
19-11-2013, 04:00 PM

No it doesn't. You have no background in science. You have no clue what you're talking about. HIV DNA HAS been isolated and sequenced. You did not even bother to click on the links. You are a troll. Nothing more.

"Isolation isn't necessary to prove the existence of a virus???? Since when was this the standard?

Can an elisa have false positives? Can a western blot and elisa test have different Results on the same sample? Yes or no.
19-11-2013, 04:10 PM

If you go to the doctor, and they test for Hepatitis A, B, or C, do they "isolate" it. No. They do antibody testing.
If they do blood typing, (a form of antibody testing), do they "isolate" blood cells ? No. They do antibody testing.
Stop demonstrating your utter ignorance of Immunology.
Troll

Nobody said that isolation is necessary every time, I am asking when has HIV been isolated one time at least to prove that it exists.

And no stupid, the HIV virus DNA has not been sequenced because HIV virus does not have DNA, it has RNA.

So fucking easy

NEXT
19-11-2013, 04:12 PM
(19-11-2013 03:43 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 03:37 PM)I and I Wrote:  Nobody said they testing for anti-bodies needs to have an isolation test involved. Next.

The virus isolated, where the fuck is it?

The Eliza and western blot tests themselves have different standards for testing positive in different countries, it's not even used in a scientific way, the tests are interpreted differently to different governments.

All totally irrelevant ranting. More moving the goal posts. It's Elisa, not Eliza. You don't even know the correct names of the tests, you're ranting about. You stating something can be assumed to be false. Not ONE reference or substantiation for your wild beliefs. Isolation is unnecessary. You have not demonstrated WHY isolation is required. The specific antibodies PROVE presence. Clearly you have NO CLUE how Immunology works. Governments are not in charge of science, nor do they determine how medical professionals interpret tests. You FORGOT to say what the differences are, and what countries interpret them differently. Or are you lying ? You REALLY are desperate, aren't you ?

Moving the goal posts? The testing for antibodies is not consistent with one another and can have different results, they aren't even 100 percent on testing anti-bodies.
19-11-2013, 04:25 PM
(19-11-2013 04:00 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(19-11-2013 03:52 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  No it doesn't. You have no background in science. You have no clue what you're talking about. HIV DNA HAS been isolated and sequenced. You did not even bother to click on the links. You are a troll. Nothing more.

"Isolation isn't necessary to prove the existence of a virus???? Since when was this the standard?

Can an elisa have false positives? Can a western blot and elisa test have different Results on the same sample? Yes or no.

Google is your friend.
Troll

Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-11-2013, 04:27 PM

You would know the answer to that if you had ANY education in the subject.
Troll

19-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Right, the elisa and western blot results can be different or can be false positives. They do not test for the HIV virus itself and have nothing to do with this conversation.

Now, when or where was the HIV virus isolated?
19-11-2013, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2013 05:25 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-11-2013 04:33 PM)I and I Wrote:  Right, the elisa and western blot results can be different or can be false positives. They do not test for the HIV virus itself and have nothing to do with this conversation.

Now, when or where was the HIV virus isolated?

That has been answered by Vosur. You chose your irrational beliefs over the facts. Antibodies are specific. Rarely, there can be a false positive. That's why confirmatory tests are done. Double false positives are rare. That does not invalidate the tests.
Your question is irrelevant in 2013.
http://www.clinchem.org/content/56/10/1523.full
"they aren't even 100 percent on testing anti-bodies" ... that phrase makes no sense at all. None.

TTFN.