What is the scientific evidence for the existence of HIV?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2013, 08:54 PM
RE: What is the scientific evidence for the existence of HIV?
I and I , is a dupe account for someone here, I have my suspicions, would like to see the IP logs.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2013, 11:22 PM
[Image: 4746.jpg]

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
14-11-2013, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2013 11:29 AM by kim.)
(13-11-2013 05:04 PM)I and I Wrote:  Gallos paper is cited and quoted between 12:28-12:46 of this video
http://youtu.be/PQFxratWh7E reverse transcriptease are common and non specific to viruses according to gallo in 1973.

In the early 70s, the study of genetics was in it's infancy... would it not seem logical that a full decade after this paper, they might have learnt a teeny bit more?

The Gallo's papers in 1984 which were actually concerned with the team's research, would be far more advanced and have a greater grasp of the role of RNA plays in encoded reverse transcriptase.

I can not agree with your assertion that HIV is not deadly and I lost too many friends to it, for it to be "no big deal".

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
14-11-2013, 01:53 AM
(13-11-2013 07:20 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(13-11-2013 06:46 PM)I and I Wrote:  Luc montagnier is irrelevant???? What the fuck? He received the Nobel prize for his research in the "discovery" of HIV. He says that HIV can be cured naturally. Are you saying he doesn't know what he is talking about?

That's right.
Einstein made at least 80 serious errors.
It doesn't diminish the things he was right about.
That's what's great about science.
What Montagnier contributed in one area, he blew in another.
No one is infallible.
Idiot Squared does not have the background or exposure to science to be able to judge what is or is not real. But do go on I^2. With every post you diminish EVERY other post you've ever made on TTA. Then you whine about why people don't like you. You have it staring at you in the face here. You learned NOTHING in your little hiatus, I see.

So you are claiming montagnier doesn't know what he is talking about referring to HIV?
14-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Do you think the HIV virus exists I&I? as a thing, that is out there in the world. Nothing more, nothing less. After you've seen pictures of it, do you think it exist?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
14-11-2013, 11:41 AM
(14-11-2013 11:24 AM)nach_in Wrote:  Do you think the HIV virus exists I&I? as a thing, that is out there in the world. Nothing more, nothing less. After you've seen pictures of it, do you think it exist?

No and AIDS is not caused by ONE thing.

The tests that are commonly done for HIV are not tests that determine whether one has HIV the wording on the test kits say so.

The lab tests to isolate and show an HIV virus are rarely done and they have problems with their methods for testing that as well.
14-11-2013, 11:53 AM
(14-11-2013 11:41 AM)I and I Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 11:24 AM)nach_in Wrote:  Do you think the HIV virus exists I&I? as a thing, that is out there in the world. Nothing more, nothing less. After you've seen pictures of it, do you think it exist?

The tests that are commonly done for HIV are not tests that determine whether one has HIV the wording on the test kits say so.

The lab tests to isolate and show an HIV virus are rarely done and they have problems with their methods for testing that as well.

What exactly qualifies you, (someone who didn't even know that antibodies were antigen specific), to say anything on this subject, and why should anyone think you know what you're pontificating about, when you have no science education, and the entire world's scientific community says you're wrong ? The ELISA antibody tests ARE antigen specific, and (as referenced above which you FAILED to read, that is IF you CAN read), before treatment is prescribed, are further RNA specified for the specific medication. There is nothing wrong with the tests. Hundreds of thousands of HIV positive people have been tested and are being successfully treated by the present testing methods. Idiot Squared continues to demonstrate his perverse ignorance on this subject, as he has on almost every topic he posts on.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
14-11-2013, 12:09 PM
(14-11-2013 11:53 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 11:41 AM)I and I Wrote:  No and AIDS is not caused by ONE thing.

What exactly qualifies you, (someone who didn't even know that antibodies were antigen specific), to say anything on this subject, and why should anyone think you know what you're pontificating about, when you have no science education, and the entire world's scientific community says you're wrong ? The ELISA antibody tests ARE antigen specific, and (as referenced above which you FAILED to read, that is IF you CAN read), before treatment is prescribed, are further RNA specified for the specific medication. There is nothing wrong with the tests. Hundreds of thousands of HIV positive people have been tested and are being successfully treated by the present testing methods. Idiot Squared continues to demonstrate his perverse ignorance on this subject, as he has on almost every topic he posts on.

At this point he is no different from a creationist denying the science after being shown the proof. He has no counter argument so he just ignores everything and reasserts his speculation as fact. He has simply abandoned reason and logic and latched on to a story that he likes. No amount of evidence is going to shift him in his stupidity because he is not operating in the realm of logic and evidence. Good discussion everyone but it is clear we are done here, Idiot squared is never going to even examine evidence that is contrary to his view and any third party that reads this, if they are at all open minded, will see the over whelming evidence that HIV is real and is the cause of AIDS so there is no need to continue down this path repeating the same points over and over.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
14-11-2013, 12:11 PM
(14-11-2013 11:41 AM)I and I Wrote:  

No ok
and AIDS is not caused by ONE thing. <- This is irrelevant to my question

The tests that are commonly done for HIV are not tests that determine whether one has HIV the wording on the test kits say so. <- Also irrelevant

The lab tests to isolate and show an HIV virus are rarely done and they have problems with their methods for testing that as well. <- If there are tests to show the prescence of the virus, wouldn't that mean that there is something to be found?

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
14-11-2013, 02:27 PM
(13-11-2013 08:51 AM)nach_in Wrote:  can mods ban him yet? I mean, seriously. Do you need more evidence that he's a troll?

I will be honest. This thread gave me reason to seek out the /IGNORE function. I wasn't sure if this forum had it or not.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post