What is the scientific evidence for the existence of HIV?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2013, 06:54 PM
(14-11-2013 06:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 06:46 PM)I and I Wrote:  I posted a video of an interview where he says that HIV virus can be nullified by eating healthy.

Random question: why are people that promote healthy eating portrayed as quacks? Unless you have evidence that potato chips and Oreos are just as good for you, please share.

He does not say that HIV does not cause AIDS, simply that a healthy immune system can rid the body of the virus.
Those are entirely different things.

That is what is being contested by people here as well. What are your thoughts on his statements?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-11-2013, 06:59 PM
RE: What is the scientific evidence for the existence of HIV?
(14-11-2013 06:54 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 06:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  He does not say that HIV does not cause AIDS, simply that a healthy immune system can rid the body of the virus.
Those are entirely different things.

That is what is being contested by people here as well. What are your thoughts on his statements?

Um, no, that is not what is being contested here.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-11-2013, 07:17 PM
(14-11-2013 06:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 06:54 PM)I and I Wrote:  That is what is being contested by people here as well. What are your thoughts on his statements?

Um, no, that is not what is being contested here.

So you are agree with montagnier on treatment of HIV that he mentions in that interview.
14-11-2013, 07:27 PM
(14-11-2013 07:17 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 06:59 PM)Chas Wrote:  Um, no, that is not what is being contested here.

So you are agree with montagnier on treatment of HIV that he mentions in that interview.

Why do you ask questions in such an odd, presumptuous way? Try having a straightforward discussion.

Of course a healthier person is more likely to fight any infection, and his idea of improving the health of people is a good one. And it may be part of a better long-term approach to fighting pandemics in general. However, once someone is infected, it is too late to start working on his immune system.

So, no, I am not entirely in agreement with him.

14-11-2013, 07:35 PM
(14-11-2013 07:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 07:17 PM)I and I Wrote:  So you are agree with montagnier on treatment of HIV that he mentions in that interview.

Why do you ask questions in such an odd, presumptuous way? Try having a straightforward discussion.

Of course a healthier person is more likely to fight any infection, and his idea of improving the health of people is a good one. And it may be part of a better long-term approach to fighting pandemics in general. However, once someone is infected, it is too late to start working on his immune system.

You do know that most doctors around the world agree that one can have HIV and not have their immune system compromised (AIDS),

This means HIV is not deadly or dangerous if eating healthy and being healthy is possible while having HIV.

If I can make a virus dormant by eating healthy foods then it's not a deadly virus.
14-11-2013, 07:40 PM
(14-11-2013 07:35 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 07:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you ask questions in such an odd, presumptuous way? Try having a straightforward discussion.

You do know that most doctors around the world agree that one can have HIV and not have their immune system compromised (AIDS),

This means HIV is not deadly or dangerous if eating healthy and being healthy is possible while having HIV.

If I can make a virus dormant by eating healthy foods then it's not a deadly virus.

Completely false. The virus is ONLY made "undetectable" by taking anti-retroviral meds. You have NO CLUE what you are talking about. That is NOT what "most doctors around the world" think. It's not "dormant". There are "reservoirs" of the virus where it is entirely active. The meds do not touch it there. If the meds are stopped the viral load re-builds. It would REALLY help if Idiot Squared would get some information before spouting shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-11-2013, 07:40 PM
(14-11-2013 07:35 PM)I and I Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 07:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you ask questions in such an odd, presumptuous way? Try having a straightforward discussion.

There are people who are genetically capable of resistance; there is no evidence that diet correlates to AIDS resistance.

Montagnier is saying that a healthy immune system may prevent initial infection by HIV, not that it fights AIDS.
And he never once said anything about making the virus dormant - you are just making that up out of whole cloth.

14-11-2013, 07:59 PM
(14-11-2013 07:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2013 07:35 PM)I and I Wrote:  You do know that most doctors around the world agree that one can have HIV and not have their immune system compromised (AIDS),

There are people who are genetically capable of resistance; there is no evidence that diet correlates to AIDS resistance.

Montagnier is saying that a healthy immune system may prevent initial infection by HIV, not that it fights AIDS.
And he never once said anything about making the virus dormant - you are just making that up out of whole cloth.

What do you call dormant? He and most scientists believe that one can have HIV and still be a healthy person. This means that the HIV in that person is..... Not affecting the persons body, dormant is my word I chose to describe this.

You seem to be arguing against my position on HIV. Are you supporting the opposite view? If not then what the hell is the point in arguing against me here?
14-11-2013, 08:06 PM
Luc montagnier says that healthy eating CAN prevent one from getting HIV and that people who have HIV can make the virus have no bad affects if living a healthy lifestyle.

Is this agreed on by the members if this forum? If not, then post an alternative that states otherwise.
14-11-2013, 08:11 PM
(14-11-2013 08:06 PM)I and I Wrote:  Luc montagnier says that healthy eating CAN prevent one from getting HIV and that people who have HIV can make the virus have no bad affects if living a healthy lifestyle.

Is this agreed on by the members if this forum? If not, then post an alternative that states otherwise.

He said the former, not the latter.

Those who have HIV infection but do not develop AIDS are genetically protected, not by diet.