What is the weirdest thing you have eaten or drank?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2015, 09:25 AM
RE: What is the weirdest thing you have eaten or drank?
Alligator, blood sausage, chicken feet, octopus, caviar, escargot and frogs legs. I've also eaten some very questionable yogurt.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like WillHopp's post
12-09-2015, 09:56 AM
Weirdest thing I was exposed to but didn't eat was blood sausage. Rainbow Vomit

My grandparents were making it and I was staying at their house...guess I was around 12 or 13. Not only was the mixture gross but it smelled awful. Grandma was making the casings out of fabric so I offered to go upstairs and sew them on the old treadle machine. That's as close as I could bring myself to being part of the process.

When prepping it eat, grandma would slice it and fry it and grandpa would eat it with syrup on it. Sadcryface

So gross...OMG!

Then there were the annual pheasant hunts that ended with all the men gathering at one hunter's house for Rocky Mountain Oysters. The year that gala was at our house, I opted to take the dead pheasants to the man who was going to clean and dress them all...death was not an option. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-09-2015, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 10:23 AM by Marozz.)

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
12-09-2015, 10:26 AM
(12-09-2015 09:56 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Weirdest thing I was exposed to but didn't eat was blood sausage. Rainbow Vomit

My grandparents were making it and I was staying at their house...guess I was around 12 or 13. Not only was the mixture gross but it smelled awful. Grandma was making the casings out of fabric so I offered to go upstairs and sew them on the old treadle machine. That's as close as I could bring myself to being part of the process.

When prepping it eat, grandma would slice it and fry it and grandpa would eat it with syrup on it. Sadcryface

So gross...OMG!

Then there were the annual pheasant hunts that ended with all the men gathering at one hunter's house for Rocky Mountain Oysters. The year that gala was at our house, I opted to take the dead pheasants to the man who was going to clean and dress them all...death was not an option. Weeping

I must admit that I like blood sausage, though I never tried it with syrup.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
12-09-2015, 01:48 PM
Strangest thing I've eaten is rocky mountain oysters, I started dry heaving doing the image search for this tame image below.

[Image: tumblr_lw7cn6sT2x1qcn3o7o1_1280.jpg]

As for strangest thing I've drank, I don't remember I was too drunk.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes Worom's post
12-09-2015, 05:17 PM
I've had haggis. Was a bit dry, needed gravy, but it was really good besides that.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
12-09-2015, 05:28 PM
(12-09-2015 09:25 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Alligator, blood sausage, chicken feet, octopus, caviar, escargot and frogs legs. I've also eaten some very questionable yogurt.

Chicken feet are actually quite good. I was surprised

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
[+] 2 users Like Octapulse's post
12-09-2015, 05:38 PM
(12-09-2015 05:28 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 09:25 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  Alligator, blood sausage, chicken feet, octopus, caviar, escargot and frogs legs. I've also eaten some very questionable yogurt.

Chicken feet are actually quite good. I was surprised

I had them deep fried in Thailand and they weren't bad. I had them pickled in China and I found them pretty gross.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-09-2015, 07:50 PM
(12-09-2015 05:38 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 05:28 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  Chicken feet are actually quite good. I was surprised

I had them deep fried in Thailand and they weren't bad. I had them pickled in China and I found them pretty gross.

I've only had them fried

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
12-09-2015, 08:47 PM
(12-09-2015 07:50 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(12-09-2015 05:38 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I had them deep fried in Thailand and they weren't bad. I had them pickled in China and I found them pretty gross.

I've only had them fried

I had them in a Korean BBQ joint in Vegas, they weren't fried, so they weren't good. You could literally taste the dirt.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me