What is the worst argument for God?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-04-2013, 04:30 PM
What is the worst argument for God?
(09-04-2013 04:06 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  I saw someone state the banana argument so I will post the video just for our viewing pleasure or for those who wish to lose a few brain cells in the process.

The main reason I show this is because I believe a large number of the opposition don't truly try to find reasons to believe in a deity/deities but rather see ordinary things and attribute them to some higher being. (Of course while also completely ignoring all the other poor designs among are universe.)

"Mum! Dad! Don't touch it! It's evil!"

These brain cells cannot be regenerated.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
09-04-2013, 04:42 PM
RE: What is the worst argument for God?
I love Kalam's Cosmological argument, or any variant (William Lane Craig, I'm looking at you).

It is so bad, yet theists think it is great. Loaded with fallacies.
09-04-2013, 04:42 PM
The Bible.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 3 users Like Logica Humano's post
09-04-2013, 05:02 PM
(09-04-2013 04:06 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  I saw someone state the banana argument so I will post the video just for our viewing pleasure or for those who wish to lose a few brain cells in the process.

The main reason I show this is because I believe a large number of the opposition don't truly try to find reasons to believe in a deity/deities but rather see ordinary things and attribute them to some higher being. (Of course while also completely ignoring all the other poor designs among are universe.)

And the biggest fail of all:

That banana he's holding was developed by humans!
All of the attributes he thanks his god for were created by careful cross-breeding and selection by us.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
09-04-2013, 05:28 PM
(09-04-2013 05:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  

And the biggest fail of all:

That banana he's holding was developed by humans!
All of the attributes he thanks his god for were created by careful cross-breeding and selection by us.

I was about to point this out! You successfully beat me to it! Yes, the thing he claims to be made by a supernatural being is made by the supposedly satanic, bias, ill informed thing called science. Which consistently proves them wrong.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
09-04-2013, 07:42 PM
I posted that particular item, thank you.

gratuitously taking credit

(09-04-2013 04:06 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  The main reason I show this is because I believe a large number of the opposition don't truly try to find reasons to believe in a deity/deities but rather see ordinary things and attribute them to some higher being. (Of course while also completely ignoring all the other poor designs among are universe.)

What makes this argument extra stupid is simply: even if today's banana occurred this way naturally (and it didn't, but if it did), why would a god only make one fruit so perfectly convenient? What does that say about a pineapple, coconut, or pomegranate?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 2 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
09-04-2013, 07:59 PM
(09-04-2013 07:42 PM)Jeffasaurus Wrote:  What makes this argument extra stupid is simply: even if today's banana occurred this way naturally (and it didn't, but if it did), why would a god only make one fruit so perfectly convenient? What does that say about a pineapple, coconut, or pomegranate?

Atheist fruits? Devil's spawn? Cool

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-04-2013, 07:34 PM
My favorite is "God is the greatest possible existant. It's greater to exist than to not exist, therefore God exists." Okay, then I say a second moon for Earth is the greatest possible existant. It's greater to exist than to not exist, therefore it exists.

Semper requiremus veritatis.
13-04-2013, 04:45 AM
(07-04-2013 05:28 PM)fstratzero Wrote:  When William Lane Craig tries to disprove actual infinity, and then claims his god is eternal. Also not realizing what that means for heaven and hell. Derp.

Eternal - having infinite duration

Eternal also means timeless.
13-04-2013, 04:58 AM
Yabut, Gwynnies FTW, so checkmate to all y'all's.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post