What is the worst "proof god exists" argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2011, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2011 04:41 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
What is the worst "proof god exists" argument
What is the worst "proof god exists" argument you have ever seen?

I will start us out,

I was having a discussion with an acquittance of mine, and out of nowhere he claimed to had proof that god existed. I was intrigued, and regretfully asked him what it was.

He replied,
"A man's arm is just long enough"

"Just long enough for what?" I replied.
"A man's arm is just long enough to wipe his ass!"

I almost thought he was joking till I saw his face....but he was 100% serious.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2011, 04:23 PM
RE: What is the worst "proof god exists" argument
"I don't know, therefore God."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
28-09-2011, 04:35 PM
"I can feel him."

So many cats, so few good recipes.
28-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Because there are watches.

If you pray to anything, you're prey to anything.
28-09-2011, 04:58 PM
(28-09-2011 04:19 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  What is the worst "proof god exists" argument you have ever seen?

I will start us out,

I was having a discussion with an acquittance of mine, and out of nowhere he claimed to had proof that god existed. I was intrigued, and regretfully asked him what it was.

He replied,
"A man's arm is just long enough"

"Just long enough for what?" I replied.
"A man's arm is just long enough to wipe his ass!"

I almost thought he was joking till I saw his face....but he was 100% serious.

I want to go on record and say I think that is actually the best argument for god I've ever heard.

Seriously. That was fantastic. If you see this guy again, thank him for me.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
28-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Wasn't one of Thomas Aqinas' arguments that God by definition was perfect and existence is preferable to non-existence, therefore as God is perfect he must exist because if he didn't exist he would be imperfect which, by definition, he is not?

If I've remembered it right and actually made myself clear enough for anyone to understand me then I think that must be up there.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
28-09-2011, 09:03 PM
(28-09-2011 05:15 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Wasn't one of Thomas Aqinas' arguments that God by definition was perfect and existence is preferable to non-existence, therefore as God is perfect he must exist because if he didn't exist he would be imperfect which, by definition, he is not?

If I've remembered it right and actually made myself clear enough for anyone to understand me then I think that must be up there.

I've always found a lot of humor in theist's thinking they can "define" god into existence.

I had a friend once try to tell me that because I "knew" what he meant when he used the word "god" that proved one existed. Sad part was, he was completely serious!

“There is no sin except stupidity.” Oscar Wilde
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-09-2011, 12:31 AM
All other gods are fake, but my god is the real one. People who believe in other gods are deluding themselves. I know I believe in the real god.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
[+] 1 user Likes No J.'s post
29-09-2011, 12:44 AM
(29-09-2011 12:31 AM)No J. Wrote:  All other gods are fake, but my god is the real one. People who believe in other gods are deluding themselves. I know I believe in the real god.

You're wrong! I'M GOD! Now worship me and tithe to me 73.1% of your annual income. If you don't, you will surely rot in Hell. Dodgy

IMO, the worst argument is "you can't prove he doesn't exist!"

Better without God, and happier too.
29-09-2011, 12:45 AM
If you think about it, it is very funny to see theist trying to "prove" god's existence, because he/she/it will stop being God if we had proof that he/she/it existed. Think about it, theists "believe", if they had proof, they would stop believing and they would know it for a fact, but then again, so would we and all others. Then religion stops existing as it is today and God becomes something natural, not supernatural anymore. So the whole "proof that God exists" argument is completely BS, anti-religious, blasphemous and wrong in every aspect, from theist point of view. That argument is something we atheists use and it should not be used by theists. So everything they say is wrong and funny and shows their ignorance about religions in general.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post