What is the worst "proof god exists" argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2012, 05:31 AM
RE: What is the worst "proof god exists" argument
"Oh so you're saying you DON'T have all the answers! HAH! Then you just proved me right, that means there IS a god!"

[Image: epic-jackie-chan-template.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2012, 05:50 AM
That complexity = design

That statement in itself doesn't help anyone, as its proof of nothing, there's no tangible sign of a creator just because something is intricate/complex.
02-03-2012, 10:58 AM
One of my favorites is the old "Are you telling me that we began as single cells, millions of years ago, and evolved into beings as complex as we are"

The correct response to this is "Yes, you did it yourself, and it only took 9 months"

(Cant remember who quoted that originally - wish it had been me)
[+] 3 users Like PeterKA's post
02-03-2012, 11:09 AM
(02-03-2012 10:58 AM)PeterKA Wrote:  One of my favorites is the old "Are you telling me that we began as single cells, millions of years ago, and evolved into beings as complex as we are"

The correct response to this is "Yes, you did it yourself, and it only took 9 months"

(Cant remember who quoted that originally - wish it had been me)

oh but then you would have to explain the bees and birds to them, I don't think it's a good comeback Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
02-03-2012, 06:10 PM
I kid you not, my daughter found the ultimate “god must exist because” quote on some site she was on…
“God must exist because science said there is no air in space but the sun still burns”
We nearly died, how badly can an education system fail?
They can use a computer so probably not raised by wolves, so how can they not know such basic common knowledge?

It’s not even funny, it’s just sad, I do greave for our lost future that has been squandered by the paranoid reluctance of the church to allow anyone to learn anything that may in some small way make them question the lie.

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche