What is the worst religious/god falsehood?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2012, 12:39 PM
What is the worst religious/god falsehood?
By worst, I'll leave that wide open.
Worst because of: politics, wrong data, turns violent easily, too many assumptions, just plain silly or any one of the many other reasons that exist.

The false creation meme? Dodgy
The false Noah's ark story? Tongue
Witchery? It's crazy that this one is STILL around Undecided
Apostasy? Angry
There are plenty more of 'em.

Which ideas are the worst?
Apostasy seems extra dangerous.
Maybe I'll toss out the idea that god works through "prophets" and a handful of special people as a ranking worst idea.
This is not only insulting to any thinking person but is one of the worst, most obviously human idea ever generated by religion.

It's all in your head, because there is no other place it could be.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2012, 12:54 PM
RE: What is the worst religious/god falsehood?
They are all equally as bad because they all demonstrate an equal lack of ability to think in a sane manner. If you buy into one of them you are in an intellectual position to buy into them all.
Find all posts by this user
04-03-2012, 12:58 PM
I just hate the "the ancients were wiser than us" mentality. And the argument from authority. Such and such is this way because I say so and challenging me is not an option because I am wiser than you. It's an utterly dishonest way of investigating truth, whose goal is not to answer the question but to make the asker shut up.

Interestingly in recent years with the proliferation of atheist academics people have started turning it on its head and quoting that other stupid verse about the simple things of the world confounding the wise (can't remember the exact wording).

Both approaches are utter bullshit and I despise them.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-03-2012, 01:12 PM
[Image: 220px-LRonHubbard-Dianetics-ISBN1403105464-cover.jpg]

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 4 users Like Lilith Pride's post
04-03-2012, 02:15 PM
(04-03-2012 01:12 PM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  [Image: 220px-LRonHubbard-Dianetics-ISBN1403105464-cover.jpg]

I tried to read that once - didn't make it beyond the first page Tongue
04-03-2012, 02:19 PM
That God answers prayers.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
04-03-2012, 02:21 PM
I once spent 10 minutes reading it in a book store and put it back on the shelf.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
05-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Call me a Christian hater, but the Abrahamic religion. Mainly because of how it affects current day society, and the arrogant atrocities they [the belivers] commited in the past, and the utter sicking things they blindly repeat [God is still good after almost sacraficing ___'s Son], this religion, in my honest opinion poisions them. They have a delayed moral judgement, even by the lowest of standards. They blindly believe that mass genocide [Noah's flood] was good because "God did it", but they show a hypocritcial stance towards their fellow human beings. Hitler, a follower and avid believer of Christ is depicted [and he is, before anyone tries to twist my words and say that I like this guy, I don't. I hate/dissaprove/anyothernegativewords of him] as a evil person in their view, even though he did almost the exact same thing as their god. "Well, god is just-" but the argument falls the other way, "Well, hitler is just-" says the brainwashed Nazi sympathizer.

Also, the 'minor' [although it seems to me a HUGE affect on a child, much so it deserves much more than a 'minor' title] child abuse they do, which I would say under a normal circumstance would fall under emotional abuse. The abuse is the threat of hell, that if you do not apease some flawed [Jealousy is a negative flaw, people.] god who can't handle what he created you will burn in a place - he created, for all eternity. I know people who are terrified to think outside of what their church approves, that is not acceptable.

So I conclude my opinion.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 4 users Like Question's post
05-03-2012, 05:23 PM
I tend to agree with Red Tornado. The Abrahamic religions are the number 1 contender for the worst in terms of damage done to human society/development. However, we should remember that people from these religions have done good for the world but the deeds done in the name of religion/'God' of just about any kind harms the world in one way or another. For this reason I will say that (just about) every religion is really the same as they are all branches of the same tree. If a cancer is blocking your lungs, you don't cut away enough till you can breath, you remove the entire tumour. There is no one religion that is the worst forme, all of them are as bad as each other.

«Είμα Ανθρώπου. Είμαι όλοι για μένα. Δεν υπάρχουν Θεοί».
Ωμέγα Γάμμα
05-03-2012, 09:15 PM
The bullshit promise of a postmortem preservation of identity is the root of some serious delusional evil.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.