What is this??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2017, 12:06 PM
What is this??
As I mentioned in another thread, I've been doing some major repairs on my property. One of the landscapers found this thing which looks like Wilson from the movie Cast Away with Tom Hanks. Anyone have any idea what it is?

[Image: 2qaitnd.jpg]

Back side of alien pod Tongue

[Image: 5p4bkm.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2017, 12:12 PM
RE: What is this??
It looks like an oak gall - also sometimes called an "oak apple" - which is made by gall wasps.

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 5 users Like Rockblossom's post
08-07-2017, 12:17 PM
(08-07-2017 12:12 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  It looks like an oak gall - also sometimes called an "oak apple" - which is made by gall wasps.

No, it's definitely not an oak gall. It's an alien pod. The invasion begins.

It's probably an oak gall.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
08-07-2017, 12:34 PM
(08-07-2017 12:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  No, it's definitely not an oak gall. It's an alien pod. The invasion begins.

It's probably an oak gall.

I'm halfway convinced that gall wasps are alien invaders, and probably the minions of these girls, who are definitely alien invaders:
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdBZ_4NGOVXBuBH2POcYG...TzXBGyXx1N]

True story: Last year I had a very persistent mantis who kept landing on one of the hummingbird feeders with the clear intent of snagging a meal of hummingbird. I shooed her away a couple of times. She would watch me until I went back into the kitchen, then fly back to the feeder. After the second time, I moved the feeder to the other side of the house away from the kitchen window. When I came back, she was sitting on the sill of my kitchen window, watching me. If I went to the window and looked at her, she would drop below the window sill until just the top of her head and her eyes were visible. Aliens, I tell you. Aliens. And they have us under surveillance.

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 5 users Like Rockblossom's post
08-07-2017, 12:47 PM
(08-07-2017 12:12 PM)Rockblossom Wrote:  It looks like an oak gall - also sometimes called an "oak apple" - which is made by gall wasps.

Thank you! Smile I think you are right. Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
08-07-2017, 12:57 PM
How big is it? Golf ball sized or soccer ball?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
08-07-2017, 12:59 PM
(08-07-2017 12:57 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  How big is it? Golf ball sized or soccer ball?

Grapefruit sized

08-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Yikes! I don't know that I'd be able to get anywhere near that thing. I hope it's friendly.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
08-07-2017, 01:10 PM
(08-07-2017 12:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

Thank you! Smile I think you are right. Thumbsup

This reminds me of a "What is this thing" game. You guess what something is. I saw this online and have no idea what it is. Anyone?

[Image: VDKOQ.jpg]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-07-2017, 01:13 PM
(08-07-2017 01:10 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 12:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Thank you! Smile I think you are right. Thumbsup

This reminds me of a "What is this thing" game. You guess what something is. I saw this online and have no idea what it is. Anyone?

[Image: VDKOQ.jpg]

magnet!
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post