What is this nonsense?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-01-2016, 08:48 AM
RE: What is this nonsense?
(20-01-2016 01:48 PM)coyote Wrote:  Hinduism is more of a 'naturalist' religion. Taken as mere metaphor, it's an interesting pre-scientific way to understand the world.

It's when you get to monotheism that things really get weird.
Hinduism is monotheistic at it's core. They believe in one creator GOD that formed all else. Think its called Brahmin or Brahman. Different name for reference, still one singular creative force, ultimately.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-01-2016, 08:52 AM
(20-01-2016 02:19 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(20-01-2016 01:48 PM)coyote Wrote:  Hinduism is more of a 'naturalist' religion. Taken as mere metaphor, it's an interesting pre-scientific way to understand the world.

No it is not. Yes people like to claim it is "naturalistic" but it is still full of fantastic claims and superstitions and ideas of divine, basic nonsense every other religion has.

I think those in the west simply lack the same historical understanding of the global history of all religions, and merely have a false perception of one group because they are only taking into account one moment in time.

To fully understand ALL religions you have to take evolution into account and the evolutionary reason humans gap fill.

Hinduism is not taken as metaphor by everyone in all cases. Otherwise these Hindus would not have done this.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/india-beef-ban-...ur-1527378

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_...e_in_India

http://sikhsiyasat.net/2010/06/12/histor...ng-punjab/

Now mind you, the "metaphor" excuse is not a patent held by Hindus, every religion does this to avoid scrutiny of their religion.

You ask one Christian if a story is true, one will say it is, and ask another the same question and someone else will call it metaphor.

This is a dodge that is universal in all religions. There is no unifying religion, not even within the same label. Even in the same label you have different sects interpreting the same words and laying stake to the heros and icons, and as a result they cant agree on what the "real" meaning is.

Vishnu is no more unifying to all Hindus than Jesus is Unifying to all Christians anymore than Allah is unifying to all Muslims anymore than the Dali Lama or Buddha is unifying to all Buddhists.

The evolutionary reason humans do this is a comic book excuse to set up social pecking orders. When humans get threatened by a challenge, even if mere questioning, they see that as a threat to their social order. So the loophole around justifying the bad behavior of others is "metaphor" or "they aren't a true" "if they'd just do it my way".

All religious people of all religions like to believe they have the patent on morality and point to all the kind motifs and acts they do. But what they don't understand is that it isn't the writing magically giving them morals, it isn't the club label giving them morals. Our species behaviors, good or bad, have always been in us, not our human invented gap filling answers.
The selfless conscience is the unifying point. Indeed it is spoken of in most religions. Unfortunately people lik to focus on other things that cause division between all mankind.
23-01-2016, 10:30 AM
(23-01-2016 08:48 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  

Hinduism is monotheistic at it's core. They believe in one creator GOD that formed all else. Think its called Brahmin or Brahman. Different name for reference, still one singular creative force, ultimately.

Hindu creation myths

Rigveda

The Purusha Sukta of the earliest Hindu text Rigveda mentions Purusha, the primeval cosmic being

Brahmanas:
The fish avatara of Vishnu saves Manu, the progenitor of the existing human race, during the great deluge.

The Shatapatha Brahmana mentions a story of creation, in which the Prajapati performs tapas to reproduce himself. He releases the waters and enters them in the form of an egg that evolves into the cosmos.

Upanishads:
The Aitareya Upanishad mentions that only the "Atman" (the Self) existed in the beginning. The Self-created the heaven (Ambhas), the sky (Marikis), the earth (Mara) and the underworld (Ap). He then formed the Purusha from the water. He also created the speech, the fire, the prana (breath of life), the air and the various senses, the directions, the trees, the mind, the moon and other things.

So you're wrong, but don't let that stop you from engaging in your terminal case of confirmation bias. Drinking Beverage

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post
23-01-2016, 01:41 PM
Nostradamus correctly predicted Hitler, so it could happen. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
23-01-2016, 08:13 PM
(23-01-2016 10:30 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 08:48 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Hinduism is monotheistic at it's core. They believe in one creator GOD that formed all else. Think its called Brahmin or Brahman. Different name for reference, still one singular creative force, ultimately.

Hindu creation myths

Rigveda

The Purusha Sukta of the earliest Hindu text Rigveda mentions Purusha, the primeval cosmic being

Brahmanas:
The fish avatara of Vishnu saves Manu, the progenitor of the existing human race, during the great deluge.

The Shatapatha Brahmana mentions a story of creation, in which the Prajapati performs tapas to reproduce himself. He releases the waters and enters them in the form of an egg that evolves into the cosmos.

Upanishads:
The Aitareya Upanishad mentions that only the "Atman" (the Self) existed in the beginning. The Self-created the heaven (Ambhas), the sky (Marikis), the earth (Mara) and the underworld (Ap). He then formed the Purusha from the water. He also created the speech, the fire, the prana (breath of life), the air and the various senses, the directions, the trees, the mind, the moon and other things.

So you're wrong, but don't let that stop you from engaging in your terminal case of confirmation bias. Drinking Beverage
Read the Bhagavad Gita then decide if I'm wrong.

Most people can't understand it( like the bible) so they just Google stuff and take others word for their own knowledge. To bad it's wrong.

Peace
23-01-2016, 09:10 PM
(23-01-2016 08:13 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 10:30 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
Hindu creation myths

Rigveda

Brahmanas:

Upanishads:

Read the Bhagavad Gita then decide if I'm wrong.

Most people can't understand it( like the bible) so they just Google stuff and take others word for their own knowledge. To bad it's wrong.

Peace

There are other sources besides the Bhagavad Gita and you are still wrong, you cherry pick things that back up what you want to believe and ignore the rest.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
23-01-2016, 11:32 PM
(23-01-2016 09:10 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 08:13 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Read the Bhagavad Gita then decide if I'm wrong.

Peace

There are other sources besides the Bhagavad Gita and you are still wrong, you cherry pick things that back up what you want to believe and ignore the rest.
I spoke directly with Hindu practitioners asking what their core book was. Even most Buddhist won't refute the existence of a singular creative force.

I don't cherry pick. Read the book. Krishna consciousness is the same as the godhead. It is the selfless form of the conscience.

You can say I'm wrong all you want. It makes no difference to me. I know what I have read and having a know. You wanna claim all religions and sects are worlds apart when really they are only divided by greedy men.
24-01-2016, 06:58 AM
(23-01-2016 11:32 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(23-01-2016 09:10 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  There are other sources besides the Bhagavad Gita and you are still wrong, you cherry pick things that back up what you want to believe and ignore the rest.
I spoke directly with Hindu practitioners asking what their core book was. Even most Buddhist won't refute the existence of a singular creative force.

I don't cherry pick. Read the book. Krishna consciousness is the same as the godhead. It is the selfless form of the conscience.

You can say I'm wrong all you want. It makes no difference to me. I know what I have read and having a know. You wanna claim all religions and sects are worlds apart when really they are only divided by greedy men.

And there are other sects that believe different things other than these "Hindu practitioners" you allegedly spoke to.

Once again, you show complete ignorance about religion. You even acknowledge your Google problem, yet someone is supposed to put stock in your ramblings and then you get on an atheist forum to bloviate about your cherry-picked religious kludge.

An example of where religion cannot be compatible with other religions:

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Fast forward to the other god you put before YHWH in the New Testament:

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

You reference an appeal to numbers.

So how many Christians do you think would be on board with your
Bhagavad Gita-derived kludge?

Why do you put so much stock in this silly book with silly stories?

Why don't you simply state that you make shit up? You don't need any book when you're just pulling it out of your ass, which is what you are doing.

Now you can "have a know". Thumbsup

24-01-2016, 07:40 AM
The Inquisition,

I don't know what you mentioned Google for. What does that have to do with anything?

Exodus 20 (KJV) - ዘጸአት
3: Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Yeah, all things are formed by GOD and as such subsidiary to the one creator GOD.

John 14 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Again, this is speaking of the Christ, Crist, Krishna, being the way to GOD, and in no way even implies that it is over the one creator GOD in any way. It specifically states that it is the way to GOD, not GOD in and of itself.

I didn't reference numbers with any significance whatsoever. Herd mentality just leads to the whole lot running off the cliff blindly.

Most traditional Christians would claim heresy. Of course it is written numerous times that those who stick to the tradition of man will not find God.

I don't make things up. If I add or remove from what I know to be the word of GOD then that is blasphemy. I will not do that, and work hard not to.

Peace
24-01-2016, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2016 08:53 AM by TheInquisition.)
(24-01-2016 07:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  The Inquisition,

I don't know what you mentioned Google for. What does that have to do with anything?

You mentioned it in your post:

(24-01-2016 07:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Most people can't understand it( like the bible) so they just Google stuff and take others word for their own knowledge.

(24-01-2016 07:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Exodus 20 (KJV) - ዘጸአት
3: Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Yeah, all things are formed by GOD and as such subsidiary to the one creator GOD.

That's not what it said, quit pulling stuff out of your ass.

(24-01-2016 07:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  John 14 (KJV) - ዮሃንስ
6: Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Again, this is speaking of the Christ, Crist, Krishna, being the way to GOD, and in no way even implies that it is over the one creator GOD in any way. It specifically states that it is the way to GOD, not GOD in and of itself.

And most Christians would consider that blasphemy. Quit pulling stuff out of your ass.

(24-01-2016 07:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I didn't reference numbers with any significance whatsoever. Herd mentality just leads to the whole lot running off the cliff blindly.

You are a black hole of irony.

(24-01-2016 07:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Most traditional Christians would claim heresy. Of course it is written numerous times that those who stick to the tradition of man will not find God.

You just rationalized your heretical cherry-picking.

You are undoubtedly going to fry in hell, according to Christian doctrine.

Here are some biblical references about tradition:

Colossians 2:8
See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:14-15
To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter.

1 Corinthians 11:1-2
Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you.

1 Timothy 4:7
Have nothing to do with irreverent, silly myths. Rather train yourself for godliness.

(That would be your Bhagavad Gita)

2 Thessalonians 3:6
Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from any brother who is walking in idleness and not in accord with the tradition that you received from us.

As you can see, the bible isn't keen on anything that strays from it's tradition. (Such as the Bhagavad Gita)

(24-01-2016 07:40 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't make things up. If I add or remove from what I know to be the word of GOD then that is blasphemy. I will not do that, and work hard not to.

You go on and on about finding truth in the Bhagavad Gita and then claim you aren't cherry-picking. Facepalm

Maybe you should work hard at something else.

I guess everyone needs a hobby:

[Image: face-plant-o.gif]