What is up, you sexy creatures, you.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-10-2011, 04:15 AM

What is up, you sexy creatures, you.
Hello, I hail from sunny, sunny, sunny, sunny, sunny, sweaty, smelly, humid, oversaturated Singapore. My country never gets enough love around the webs, it seems.

Keep it that way, please, it's miserable here.

18 years old, just out of school (prepping for exams); I've spent the last 6 years in a private, mission school full of Methodists - which was excruciating. I was raised Catholic, and like many people here, I didn't put much thought into it because when I was introduced to the church I wasn't yet capable of spelling "Catholic". Luckily enough for me, my parents only did it because... I don't know why they did it, actually, because they're also non-believers. Perhaps it's that the extended family is mostly Catholic, so it was obligation on their part. Whatever.

Anyway I always took to religion like I took to Santa, I think - something fun and meant to teach you morals but nothing you're supposed to take seriously, so imagine my surprise when I found that I was the only one who thought that way as I got older.

The deal breaker was when I was about 15 and I started listening properly to the weekly chapel drivel presented by the local pastor. He's an awful, stupid human being, honestly, and so is nearly every one of the people he invited to give talks. I thought to myself, "Why do I share a belief system with this idiot?"

So I stopped sharing a belief system with that idiot. Although, like I said, I don't think that I ever believed any of it to begin with; As far as I can imagine, I probably just enjoyed the company that I shared - up till the point when I realized that the company I shared mainly consisted of bigots and morons.

Now if only I could get all my donation money back.
Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2011, 08:51 PM
RE: What is up, you sexy creatures, you.
There are ways to "retrive" the donation money Wink
Hello and welcome to the forums. I'm the forum's resident troll. Nice to meet you.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2011, 01:24 PM
RE: What is up, you sexy creatures, you.
As a prior member of the US Navy I can confirm the humidity in Singapore. I'd also like to say that it's a beautiful country. I've spent a total of almost 2 months there and enjoyed every minute of it. And I can neither confirm nor deny any loitering around Orchard Tower.Cool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply