What is your Bed Post Notch Number?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2017, 07:53 AM
RE: What is your Bed Post Notch Number?
(19-10-2017 07:34 AM)ImFred Wrote:  So you don't like the idea of it but you don't really know for sure.

One night stands can be incredibly passionate and exciting. It's shocking how deeply you can feel about another person instantaneously right there in the moment. All present, no past no future. It's primal. Lust and love can have a lot of overlap. You can become flooded with emotion really quickly.

Not all one night stands are sweet like that but some are. I remember some many years later with real tenderness in my heart.

Long term comfortable loving and safe relationships are beautiful too. And important to most people. I've been fortunate to have enjoyed both.

I think you might enjoy the risky thrill of a one off with a stranger.

I agree. While totally monogamous in my 2 marriages, I enjoyed my freedom when not attached. And some encounters stand out as very pleasurable. I would not mind meeting them again on a non-sexual level. Others have been forgotten, they were either that non-descript or even unpleasant.

I do think these encounters let me grow and become a much better long term partner - on many different levels.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2017, 08:01 AM
(19-10-2017 07:34 AM)ImFred Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 07:10 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Zero.

So you don't like the idea of it but you don't really know for sure.

One night stands can be incredibly passionate and exciting. It's shocking how deeply you can feel about another person instantaneously right there in the moment. All present, no past no future. It's primal. Lust and love can have a lot of overlap. You can become flooded with emotion really quickly.

Not all one night stands are sweet like that but some are. I remember some many years later with real tenderness in my heart.

Long term comfortable loving and safe relationships are beautiful too. And important to most people. I've been fortunate to have enjoyed both.

I know it's not for me because it just doesn't appeal to me. I'm sure there are some sexual things that you can think of that would be a turn off to you without your even having to try them just by knowing yourself. Additionally, with so many STDS out there and the possibility of getting pregnant by some random dude--it's just not an interest to me.

I like being the one my boyfriend wants in his bed every night, the one he trusts with his thoughts and dreams, the one he can truly be himself with, the one he wants to take on the world and fight zombies with. Tongue That to me is a huge turn on and something I would not be able to get from a one night stand.

I need that level of intimacy to get turned on and I know this because I have been in situations where I could have had one night stands and there was a high level of attraction on both sides, but it just made me feel ew, like he only wants me for this? Yeah, no thanks.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
19-10-2017, 08:07 AM
(19-10-2017 07:47 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 07:42 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Btw, you do realize our posts are going to cause Eagle's head to explode Laugh out load
Somewhere, Eagle is just about ready to explode with rage that people are free to do what they like with whomever they like, without him "owning a clean women", despite the fact he in himself was a self admitted man-hoe at one point.

He'll read Deuteronomy 22 and console himself that we should all be dead, but not him, because he's been forgiven.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
19-10-2017, 08:11 AM
(19-10-2017 08:01 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 07:34 AM)ImFred Wrote:  So you don't like the idea of it but you don't really know for sure.

I know it's not for me because it just doesn't appeal to me. I'm sure there are some sexual things that you can think of that would be a turn off to you without your even having to try them just by knowing yourself. Additionally, with so many STDS out there and the possibility of getting pregnant by some random dude--it's just not an interest to me.

I like being the one my boyfriend wants in his bed every night, the one he trusts with his thoughts and dreams, the one he can truly be himself with, the one he wants to take on the world and fight zombies with. Tongue That to me is a huge turn on and something I would not be able to get from a one night stand.

I need that level of intimacy to get turned on and I know this because I have been in situations where I could have had one night stands and there was a high level of attraction on both sides, but it just made me feel ew, like he only wants me for this? Yeah, no thanks.

Fair enough. Different strokes (literally)
[+] 2 users Like I'mFred's post
19-10-2017, 08:13 AM
(19-10-2017 08:07 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 07:47 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Somewhere, Eagle is just about ready to explode with rage that people are free to do what they like with whomever they like, without him "owning a clean women", despite the fact he in himself was a self admitted man-hoe at one point.

He'll read Deuteronomy 22 and console himself that we should all be dead, but not him, because he's been forgiven.

"Lest he who hath been a man hoe, whos own penis hath probably rotted away, console thine-self in the presence of thy lord.

And the Lord did'th say unto him: "Eagle, my man...don't worry about it. Women are easy anyway, AMIRIGHT? You just get those STD's sorted, and look our for a clean girl...if you know what i'm saying". And god did'th elbow Eagle knowingly.

Eagle did bow his head, and know'th it was total BS, but it's OK because he hath the book of myth to read and distract himself with."

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like OakTree500's post
19-10-2017, 08:14 AM
(19-10-2017 08:07 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 07:47 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Somewhere, Eagle is just about ready to explode with rage that people are free to do what they like with whomever they like, without him "owning a clean women", despite the fact he in himself was a self admitted man-hoe at one point.

What do you think he makes of Ezekiel 23:20: There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
19-10-2017, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 19-10-2017 08:22 AM by Mathilda.)
(19-10-2017 07:42 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I never got into the swinging/BDSM/threesomes thing and have never done it. But I know some people on here are into that and that's cool--I think that's what so nice about being free from the clutches of religion, you get to do what you like.

With BDSM I was trying to find something that worked for me. I didn't, mainly because I don't enjoy pain. Actually I find sex quite uncomfortable as well. Any extreme sensation is interpreted by my brain as an irritant.

I did enjoy though making a scene and being in control. It made me feel good about myself, much in the same way that looking good can boost your sense of self esteem.

(19-10-2017 07:42 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Additionally, since I'm an adventurous person, I find going on adventures with my boyfriend can add to my being turned on. That might sound silly but to me it's a bonding experience and for some adventures I like to do there's sometimes an added adrenaline rush. Also, I love backpacking and being out in nature, if you go far enough, there's no one around and it's kind of romantic just the two of you, relying on each other in the wilderness.

I've often thought that adrenaline might be the key to it for me because it helps me feel more alive. But I haven't ever figured out how to combine adventurous activity with sex. Not safely anyway. I also love being naked outdoors, it feels very natural and right, even in a howling gale or pouring rain. It really reminds me just how we are still animals at heart. My husband and I often fall in love with each again when we're back in the mountains.

(19-10-2017 07:42 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Btw, you do realize our posts are going to cause Eagle's head to explode Laugh out load

I know, poor thing, he really needed to be born two hundred years ago.
[+] 4 users Like Mathilda's post
19-10-2017, 08:21 AM
(19-10-2017 08:14 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(19-10-2017 07:42 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I never got into the swinging/BDSM/threesomes thing and have never done it. But I know some people on here are into that and that's cool--I think that's what so nice about being free from the clutches of religion, you get to do what you like.

With BDSM I was trying to find something that worked for me. I didn't, mainly because I don't enjoy pain. Actually I find sex quite uncomfortable as well. Any extreme sensation is something is interpreted by my brain as an irritant.

I did enjoy though making a scene and being in control. It made me feel good about myself, much in the same way that looking good can boost your sense of self esteem.

(19-10-2017 07:42 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Additionally, since I'm an adventurous person, I find going on adventures with my boyfriend can add to my being turned on. That might sound silly but to me it's a bonding experience and for some adventures I like to do there's sometimes an added adrenaline rush. Also, I love backpacking and being out in nature, if you go far enough, there's no one around and it's kind of romantic just the two of you, relying on each other in the wilderness.

I've often thought that adrenaline might be the key to it for me because it helps me feel more alive. But I haven't ever figured out how to combine adventurous activity with sex. Not safely anyway. I also love being naked outdoors, it feels very natural and right, even in a howling gale or pouring rain. It really reminds me just how we are still animals at heart. My husband and I often fall in love with each again when we're back in the mountains.

I know, poor thing, he really needed to be born two hundred years ago.

Well, I find not having sex during adrenaline-filled adventurous activity helps with the safety factor Laugh out load Usually with adrenaline charged adventure type things, for me I get turned on prior to the lead up of said adventure (good time for sex) and right after when I'm still pumped up (also good time for sex). So basically, decide as a couple you are going to go cage diving with sharks--have hot adrenaline filled sex on way to cage diving--cage dive with sharks--have hot adrenaline filled sex immediately after Wink

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
19-10-2017, 08:21 AM
(18-10-2017 03:43 PM)Eagle Wrote:  But, I do wonder. I wonder how you could make the final man you meet feel special? When you've given yourself to others? (serious question). I suppose you have to convince him I guess.
Oh FFS! Facepalm It never ceases to amaze me how people can be such hypocrites! You know, a woman can make a man feel special in countless ways - for example, just by going to dinner with him. But I bet you're not concerned with how many guys a woman has gone to dinner with in the past. What is it about sex that it has to be exclusively reserved for "the one"? Rolleyes

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
19-10-2017, 08:30 AM
(18-10-2017 04:29 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Well, people also nowadays say they're OK killing children (abortion), but, you find that they never really get over it, in most cases, unless they have criminal issues, then they don't care.

(18-10-2017 04:29 PM)Eagle Wrote:  Some woman have lots of children, some have none. The first one is frowned upon by career women, atheists etc, then those same people who mock, find themselves older and lonely, without child and husband or wife.

You have a lot of opinions that you state as facts. Alternative facts seems to be your thing.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post