What is your Bed Post Notch Number?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2017, 10:19 AM
RE: What is your Bed Post Notch Number?
(18-10-2017 09:54 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I don't really know how many partners I've had, and the number changes based on what we're counting as sex. If we're being very conservative with the definition, I'm sure it's under 20. If we're allowing for a more Bill-Clintonish definition, then I have no earthly idea. I was raised in a very liberal family, sex was never stigmatized, and it was (and still is) no big deal. Have fun! Just stay safe.

If we're talking other things (not actually sleeping with), I need to add 3 to my list.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
18-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Two life-long friends, who I call "Bert and Ernie" were rugged he-men types, survivalists, gun ... aficionados, Harley riders. I accused them of being gay more than once, just to get a fight started.

Last year they got married. To each other. I didn't even bother to smirk.

Now they live in an enclave in Wyoming and there's a bear wintering under their deck where the hot tub is. Fish and Wildlife told them how to live with the bear, mostly by conceding that the bear had the right of way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
18-10-2017, 10:51 AM
(18-10-2017 10:31 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Two life-long friends, who I call "Bert and Ernie" were rugged he-men types, survivalists, gun ... aficionados, Harley riders. I accused them of being gay more than once, just to get a fight started.

Last year they got married. To each other. I didn't even bother to smirk.

Now they live in an enclave in Wyoming and there's a bear wintering under their deck where the hot tub is. Fish and Wildlife told them how to live with the bear, mostly by conceding that the bear had the right of way.

Is the bear gay too, do they have threesomes ? Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
18-10-2017, 11:16 AM
I forgot to answer the judging part:

No limit. It doesn't concern me at all.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Robvalue's post
18-10-2017, 11:26 AM
(18-10-2017 04:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  This question came up in the Truth or Dare thread, so thought I'd throw it out to the forum. Since many of us are from ex-religious backgrounds and some are from religious backgrounds, how much do you feel that impacted or impacts your number? The other question we talked about in the T and D thread: Is there a certain bed post number you have in your head that you secretly judge someone for?

I'll go first:

My Bed Post number: 4

I don't think religion played any role in my number but I do think it played a role in my level of enjoyment during sex because afterward, I would feel so guilty for having sex before marriage.

My bed post number: 2

I was Christian when starting both relationships. With my ex-girlfriend (my first), I was always worried she'd get pregnant, and we both knew we didn't really want to get married to each other. So, we'd have sex, I'd get intensely worried, and we wouldn't for about a week. I don't remember religious guilt playing any role in this, oddly enough.

With my second (whom I eventually married), the religion came into it more. She was always more liberal, so she wasn't worried about sinning by having premarital sex. The problem was my last year of college was when I was first exposed to non-Christian viewpoints to a serious degree, and I found myself pushing back quite a bit, asserting my Christianity. So, there were a few periods of intense guilt where I'd want to stop having sex with her. This tended to lead to us doing some rather extreme foreplay, where we would each try to see how close we could get to see if the other would "initiate". It was so fucking weird, and she was rather sick of me putting us both through it.

Fucking sex guilt, man. Jesus ruins everything.

I'm not sure how much religion impacted my overall number. I'd always planned on getting married, so, the fact that I settled into a long-term relationship in my late teens was kind of expected. If I found myself divorced, I'd be open for some more experimentation and be fine with one-night-stands, but I'm not sure how it'd actually play out.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
18-10-2017, 11:27 AM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2017 12:33 PM by Full Circle.)
More than Free Thought but less than DLJ. Smile

I know exactly but I don’t want to say. What I will say is that from the day I married there’s only been one, my wife, and after 30 years together we are extremely good at pushing buttons and pulling levers. Angel

Religion did not play a part.

Judging is a waste of time, if you are consenting adults why the fuck would I care? Or is it why would I care how many fucks? Consider

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
18-10-2017, 11:28 AM
(18-10-2017 10:05 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(18-10-2017 10:00 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  There's an old saying, "You don't know if you're gay until you try it." I'm not gay. Utterly disinterested.
I think it's comedian Louis CK who says something about how a straight man could go his whole life saying "nope" but would never know he loves sucking dick Laugh out load

I feel confident to say I'm heterosexual, and sex with a man doesn't "interest" me [IE the thought of it doesn't turn me on in the slightest], but I've never ruled out becoming sexually attracted to man in terms of "loving a person and not a gender", which I would presume would lead to sleeping with a man, should that ever be the case but it's never happened, so I guess I'll never know.

Maybe I haven't met the right one? Am I right (straight) Ladies [And gay men?]? Laugh out load

I think it's on a curve and few are on totally extreme ends of the curve. If you are only attracted to one gender, it still can happen that you run into an individual of the other gender who turns you on. Or not. Don't worry, be happy. Big Grin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
18-10-2017, 11:38 AM
Low enough that I had to go to Urban Dictionary to figure out what a notch in the bed post means.

Two. My ex wife and my current common law spouse. And I'd figured out I didn't believe in God before I figured out girls don't have cooties, so religion is probably not the reason for the low count. And although I'm completely unsatisfied with my sex life, it isn't because of the overall count. I'd be perfectly happy with one person if sex were actually happening.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
18-10-2017, 12:06 PM
Ten.

My bed doesn't have posts.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
18-10-2017, 12:06 PM
(18-10-2017 11:26 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(18-10-2017 04:28 AM)jennybee Wrote:  This question came up in the Truth or Dare thread, so thought I'd throw it out to the forum. Since many of us are from ex-religious backgrounds and some are from religious backgrounds, how much do you feel that impacted or impacts your number? The other question we talked about in the T and D thread: Is there a certain bed post number you have in your head that you secretly judge someone for?

I'll go first:

My Bed Post number: 4

I don't think religion played any role in my number but I do think it played a role in my level of enjoyment during sex because afterward, I would feel so guilty for having sex before marriage.

My bed post number: 2

I was Christian when starting both relationships. With my ex-girlfriend (my first), I was always worried she'd get pregnant, and we both knew we didn't really want to get married to each other. So, we'd have sex, I'd get intensely worried, and we wouldn't for about a week. I don't remember religious guilt playing any role in this, oddly enough.

With my second (whom I eventually married), the religion came into it more. She was always more liberal, so she wasn't worried about sinning by having premarital sex. The problem was my last year of college was when I was first exposed to non-Christian viewpoints to a serious degree, and I found myself pushing back quite a bit, asserting my Christianity. So, there were a few periods of intense guilt where I'd want to stop having sex with her. This tended to lead to us doing some rather extreme foreplay, where we would each try to see how close we could get to see if the other would "initiate". It was so fucking weird, and she was rather sick of me putting us both through it.

Fucking sex guilt, man. Jesus ruins everything.

I'm not sure how much religion impacted my overall number. I'd always planned on getting married, so, the fact that I settled into a long-term relationship in my late teens was kind of expected. If I found myself divorced, I'd be open for some more experimentation and be fine with one-night-stands, but I'm not sure how it'd actually play out.

Oh I would beg God for forgiveness after I had sex, so I totally get the Jesus thing being a buzzkill.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post