What is your biggest regret?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2011, 12:28 PM
RE: What is your biggest regret?
The positive side to having the childhood I did is not having these kind of problems now. If there is error, I learn from it and move forward. The closest thing I got to regret is that fraction of a second in the morning.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2011, 12:38 PM
(01-12-2011 10:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How does one not do that?

It's clear to me now that my mistakes are much more horrible and regretful than your mistakes. Cool

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2011, 05:34 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2011 05:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
(03-12-2011 12:38 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(01-12-2011 10:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  How does one not do that?

It's clear to me now that my mistakes are much more horrible and regretful than your mistakes. Cool

Sounds like it, but one easy way to avoid regret is to first just realize that you are about to make a decision or act in a manner you might later regret. Just that realization and consideration before action or decision are enough to eliminate regret. Regret comes from a lack of consideration and deliberation, "Damn, I should've seen that coming." Sufficient consideration and deliberation leave no room for regret. .... That said, what's done is done, water under the bridge. Don't see how dwelling on past poor decisions or actions is anything but counterproductive. You see it, you recognize it, and you say, "Well I'm not gonna do that again.", and move on. I mean, what else can you do?

(01-12-2011 08:21 PM)Zatamon Wrote:  
(01-12-2011 06:37 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  My one exception is remorse, which could have legal implications when it comes to sentencing. But only then. Wink

If by 'remorse' you mean you wish that you had not done something you did or, you wish you had done something you didn't, then we are talking about the same thing.

If it is coupled with the desire to make corrections, if possible, then we are, indeed, on the same page.

Nah, I'm just talking about ways to try and reduce your sentence when facing the judge.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-12-2011, 05:38 PM
(03-12-2011 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sounds like it, but one easy way to avoid regret is to first just realize that you are about to make a decision or act in a manner you might later regret. Just that realization and consideration before action or decision are enough to eliminate regret. Regret comes from a lack of consideration and deliberation, "Damn, I should've seen that coming." Sufficient consideration and deliberation leave no room for regret. .... That said, what's done is done, water under the bridge. Don't see how dwelling on past poor decisions or actions is anything but counterproductive. You see it, you recognize it, and you say, "Well I'm not gonna do that again.", and move on.

Oh! So you're saying I should just give my burdens to Jesus. Now I get it! Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
03-12-2011, 05:44 PM
(03-12-2011 05:38 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(03-12-2011 05:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sounds like it, but one easy way to avoid regret is to first just realize that you are about to make a decision or act in a manner you might later regret. Just that realization and consideration before action or decision are enough to eliminate regret. Regret comes from a lack of consideration and deliberation, "Damn, I should've seen that coming." Sufficient consideration and deliberation leave no room for regret. .... That said, what's done is done, water under the bridge. Don't see how dwelling on past poor decisions or actions is anything but counterproductive. You see it, you recognize it, and you say, "Well I'm not gonna do that again.", and move on.

Oh! So you're saying I should just give my burdens to Jesus. Now I get it! Tongue

Yes, Hellbound Preacher, that's what I'm saying. But to your own personal Jesus. ... Oh shit, now I gotta play it.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-12-2011, 06:04 PM
I regret not being more of a Depeche Mode fan back in the day.

~Izel
05-01-2012, 04:50 PM
My greatest regret? Well, just about all of the last 8 years. Bad choice of schools and jobs. That happens when you're sort of interested in everything but nothing specific and the region has very little choice for schools and jobs, mostly technical stuff. I fucked up many years because I didn't know what I am and what I want. First I had to figure out these things, re-invent my personality and undergo some radical transformations. Which is still nothing compared to what some truly motivated people did. I spend too much time by making the life bearable. I don't think it would be better if I'd lose even that (computer blow up), because I can't speed up things anyway. I've got to wait and work through this one.

Now I know myself and everything tells me to get the hell out of here into a big city. I don't hate any people. But I've got a strong, hearty hate for boring curricula, office paperwork and work at conveyor belt. Boredom is one of few things I'm really afraid of. If I do the next year right, I'll begin the way out of this to where I'll never do the boring things again. I'll study what I really want and find there intelligent people of my age. But now, it's a drag.
05-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Someone once said, "Regret makes us human; if you don't regret, you haven't really lived.".
Shy
My biggest regret would be that I don't have enough regrets.

Wink Not yet, anyway.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Wasting too much time regretting anything and not just getting on with it.
05-01-2012, 07:12 PM
My biggest regret is not doing better at school but I don't dwell on it because there is no point Undecided
I wish I had better math skills as then I could've studied astrophysics.

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 2 users Like aurora's post